2021 NHL Off-Season Thread

Dallas Stars and general NHL discussion goes here.
Troy McClure

Re: 2021 NHL Off-Season Thread

Post by Troy McClure »

This is the reborn version of it. They've added some basic graphics. You guys might love it.

http://www.eastsidehockey.com/

They stopped making it or updating it back in the mid-90s to give you an idea of the old version. The last roster update was whatever season it was where Verbeek had his big goal scoring year with the Rangers before the Stars picked him up as a free agent.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.
wonko80

Post by wonko80 »

Troy McClure wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:38 pm This is the reborn version of it. They've added some basic graphics. You guys might love it.

http://www.eastsidehockey.com/

They stopped making it or updating it back in the mid-90s to give you an idea of the old version. The last roster update was whatever season it was where Verbeek had his big goal scoring year with the Rangers before the Stars picked him up as a free agent.
I was just remembering him being dominant in it. 41 G and 41A in 69 games meant he was a machine.
Math

Post by Math »

I could be a senseless jerk and say "*f-bomb* him, well deserved" but I won't do that.

In fact yes, I can. *f-bomb* him, well deserved.
ToddM

Post by ToddM »

Apparently he was in charge of Montreal's farm system for 6 years and never once produced a single half-decent AHL prospect. So... not too surprising.
slaps

Post by slaps »

EHM went through 2007 I believe, then they quit updating it.
Winamp - it really whips the llama's ass.
Troy McClure

Post by Troy McClure »

However mad he is, he's not yet truly ready to give the Sabres a reason not to pay him.

I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.
Knives Out

Post by Knives Out »

Kikel
ScubaSteve wrote:I would rather lose 2-0 than win 8-7.
Math

Post by Math »

I have doubtful tastes but I'm glad to see those back for good as long as they remain in AZ.

And funny to see Roenick with the Robocop helmet he wore after the Hatcher hit.

Troy McClure

Post by Troy McClure »

Enjoy the AHL, bud.

Troy McClure

Post by Troy McClure »

The Wild cave.

Math

Post by Math »

Too much money for a guy who only played one shortened season. The full NTC starting at the fourth year is dumb as well.
B Kat

Post by B Kat »

I was hoping he’d stay in Russia.

The deal will probably be worth it though.
slaps

Post by slaps »

I don't think the Wild caved. I think that deal was always on the table. Kaprizov wanted more. At least, that's what Russo was reporting, and that dude is very plugged in.
ToddM

Post by ToddM »

I like how they don't mention how old he is. This is just two years removed from a Benn-type contract for a guy who never put up Benn/Seguin numbers.
slaps

Post by slaps »

3 years less than Benn / Seguin got, though.
Troy McClure

Post by Troy McClure »

He'll turn 30 months before this deal ends. They're paying for his best years. It's an awesome contract.
slaps

Post by slaps »

I've maintained for a while now teams should overpay for shorter term unless it's like a 21-year-old kid. Give him $9MM for 5 years instead of $7.5MM for 8 years. Those last 3 years are likely the bad ones anyway.
Math

Post by Math »

Out of these three options (trade him in three years at the latest, extend him later and end up with a Benn contract type, or let him walk for nothing at the contract expiration), I guess the Wild might start shopping rather sooner than later.
ScubaSteve

Post by ScubaSteve »

slaps wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:27 am I've maintained for a while now teams should overpay for shorter term unless it's like a 21-year-old kid. Give him $9MM for 5 years instead of $7.5MM for 8 years. Those last 3 years are likely the bad ones anyway.
Nah. 10 years $10m/year is the way to go, but you are only eligible for this contract in Dallas after your 30th birthday.
Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died
Troy McClure

Post by Troy McClure »

This makes sense why the NHL has no time for unvaccinated players. I didn't even think about border crossings. Your unvaccinated player couldn't cross the US-Canada border, so you're stuck scratching them for a lot of games.

slaps

Post by slaps »

Yeah, they specifically called that out as "you won't get paid if you can't play due to lack of being vaccinated."
slaps

Post by slaps »

Re, Kaprizov - confirmed:

https://theathletic.com/2798654/2021/09 ... lion-deal/
But the contract, which sources say has been on the table for Kaprizov to agree to for several weeks, at least puts an end to a summer-long saga of the team trying to get their best player signed.
Math

Post by Math »

Tyler Bertuzzi is another one joining the bandwagon of morons refusing to get vaxxed and likely to miss all games in Canada.
slaps

Post by slaps »