Former Stars Thread

slaps

Re: Former Stars Thread

Postby slaps » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:39 am

Also, Shapiro is a MUCH better writer than Saad.
Winamp - it really whips the llama's ass.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:12 pm

slaps wrote:Also, Shapiro is a MUCH better writer than Saad.

Let's be real here. Covering the Stars is always going to be an entry-level job. You're not going to attract fully-formed writers with a lot of experience because neither the Athletic nor the DMN are going to pay a ton to a writer given the still small fanbase the Stars have.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:45 pm

Apparently it's also racist to say that LOL.
ScubaSteve wrote:I would rather lose 2-0 than win 8-7.

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:52 pm

Troy McClure wrote:
slaps wrote:Also, Shapiro is a MUCH better writer than Saad.

Let's be real here. Covering the Stars is always going to be an entry-level job. You're not going to attract fully-formed writers with a lot of experience because neither the Athletic nor the DMN are going to pay a ton to a writer given the still small fanbase the Stars have.

It also helped that Shapiro was not a Stars fan. And not an 'access addict' like most sportswriters.

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:59 pm

Why are sports writers even still a thing? Game analysis articles are so cookie-cutter that you could probably make 2-3 mad-lib templates and let a basic AI fill in the blanks.
Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:05 pm

ScubaSteve wrote:Why are sports writers even still a thing? Game analysis articles are so cookie-cutter that you could probably make 2-3 mad-lib templates and let a basic AI fill in the blanks.

Yeah, I think the beat writer gig of recapping a game is a holdover to the days when games weren't readily available on TV (insert Sinclair joke). I don't read them for the most part because I don't need to read a summary of what I watched.

But I do like good articles of sports analysis.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Fri Jun 18, 2021 9:11 pm

slaps wrote:Damn, this is just incredibly sad:

I have experienced this kind of memory loss before, albeit because of a different kind of head trauma. I still deal with it mildly to this day, though it's improved in the years since.

It's scary. I was scared I might develop early onset dementia until the memory started to improve after a few months.

I would read something, go to the store, do laundry or something and completely not remember any of it. Also forgot the names of people I had known for years. It was frightening.
Math wrote:I love incest