11/15 @ Tampa Bay (6PM CT) - BUM JAIL ENCORE

Dallas Stars and general NHL discussion goes here.
Math

Re: 11/15 @ Tampa Bay (6PM CT) - BUM JAIL ENCORE

Post by Math »

Well, we'll take the moral victory in Tampa. I liked that DeBoer tried Johnston in OT, I hated seeing Suter in OT as well in the finest Bowness tradition. But I guess it's still a learning process.
Troy McClure

Post by Troy McClure »

Math wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:25 pm Well, we'll take the moral victory in Tampa. I liked that DeBoer tried Johnston in OT, I hated seeing Suter in OT as well in the finest Bowness tradition. But I guess it's still a learning process.
He seems committed to the idea of always having one defenseman out there at all times.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.
B Kat

Post by B Kat »

Eh, another sloppy game. Glad for the point especially considering it had to come from Faksa and short handed. Miro played almost thirty minutes, with 2 points and minus 2. He’s trying to adjust, being a little more offensive has its challenges, but I’ve no doubt he will find the right balance.
Math

Post by Math »

Troy McClure wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:53 am He seems committed to the idea of always having one defenseman out there at all times.
I think it's the right thing to do (unless you've got superstars and you go all-in right from the start). But I'd rotate between Heiskanen, Miller and Lindell (Yes I know, it's terrible to say but I'd rather have him than Suter) with Lundkvist as an alternative option. Suter is way too slow and is always reacting instead of acting while being systematically late in almost every play.

And I don't know your take on this, but I'd split up Suter and Lindkvist to have two pairs with an offensive Dman and a defensive Dman (Heiskanen-Miller, Lindell-Lundkvist) and have a true shutdown third pair with Hakanpää and Suter. Suter struggles a lot when he's paired with an offensive-minded partner.
slaps

Post by slaps »

Also being out there for 3-on-3 requires work and that's a lot to ask of Suter. He might have to play on the right side for like 5 seconds.
Winamp - it really whips the llama's ass.
wonko80

Post by wonko80 »

Math wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:55 am Suter struggles a lot
Fixed for accuracy