11/8 @ Winnipeg (7PM CT) - No more missed appointment

Dallas Stars and general NHL discussion goes here.
Troy McClure

Re: 11/8 @ Winnipeg (7PM CT) - No more missed appointment

Post by Troy McClure »

Seguin still has no speed and it showed there where he was chasing and being toyed with.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.
Math

Post by Math »

Wedgewoops. It's 5-1 in 2 minutes if there's no time-out or a goalie change.
Knives Out

Post by Knives Out »

This only makes the 3rd even funnier.
ScubaSteve wrote:I would rather lose 2-0 than win 8-7.
wonko80

Post by wonko80 »

Great, so I can be depressed either by watching the Stars game or the election results.
Math

Post by Math »

Scheifele just acknowledged the Stars will come up strong in the third.

Let's see if the Jets turtling will hold.
Math

Post by Math »

It's still honeymoon time between Winnipeg and Bowness, "he's a great communicator", "everybody loves him", "all onboard with his philosophy" kinda thing, but two things raised my eyebrows: 1) he's getting the 100% of every player as a function of their respective abilities, 2) he lets the young having fun on the ice and letting them make mistakes as long as they give their 100%.
Math

Post by Math »

And another Sütër moment but the PP was putrid anyway...
Troy McClure

Post by Troy McClure »

Math wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:23 pm And another Sütër moment but the PP was putrid anyway...
Finally watched the third, and yes, got to see four PP zone entires get broken up the exact same way because the Jet left a guy parked near the wall above the faceoff circle to pick off the pass. Putrid.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.
Knives Out

Post by Knives Out »

This one stings. Troy’s up next for GDT duty after having subbed in for Math for the Oilers win.
ScubaSteve wrote:I would rather lose 2-0 than win 8-7.
Math

Post by Math »

Well, not much to say. The Stars played their worst game while the Jets' got their best 40 minutes of the season and that's what you get. The Stars were late on everything, playing on their heels and completely muffled by Winnipeg's relentless forecheck. I thought they couldn't hold the tempo for the whole game - they did for the two first period but the damage was made: the Stars couldn't even be dangerous when it was turtling time for the Jets. Benn/Seguin were back to their usual lazy and slow standards, Robertson couldn't do everything by himself.

Despite the early relative success, I still don't see any chemistry in the Marchment-Seguin-Gurianov line. Gurianoy might be the odd man in there but there are miscommunications in almost every shift, they can figure out where to go and what to do with Seguin ending up chasing the puck like a headless chicken while Marchment is getting molested by whatever player, the puck, the boards, the goal posts or anything else that can hurt him.

Let's hope for Öttinger to return quickly. It's fascinating how Wedgewood is able to hold the fort, make a couple of great saves, and completely melt down after allowing two quick goals. It's not entirely his fault but the Jets' third goal when he was chasing flies behind his net was the dagger.
wonko80

Post by wonko80 »

I agree with you on the Marchment, Seguin, Guri line. Or even just Marchment and Seguin as a pair. Personally, I'd try moving Johnston to the middle between Marchment and Seguin to see what happens. That of course means the third line would be *poo poo* though with Benn and Gurianov on it.
Troy McClure

Post by Troy McClure »

Moving Seguin to wing might need to be tried. His skating still holds him back from being able to do what a center needs to do at both ends.
Math

Post by Math »

Yeah, might worth give it a shot. But if the Stars try Johnston centering Seguin and Marchment, then you have to put Benn back in center and Gurianov moving down on the left wing.