2022 Stars Playoff Thread

Dallas Stars and general NHL discussion goes here.
Troy McClure

Re: 2022 Stars Playoff Thread

Post by Troy McClure »

The excitement is unmatched.

I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.
Troy McClure

Post by Troy McClure »

Radulov goes from 4th liner and 2nd PP unit guy for most of the season to scratched for a few games at the end of the season to 4th liner with a promotion to the top PP unit when the playoffs started and is now back to being scratched.

Studenic goes in for Radulov.

I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.
The Frugal Gourmet

Post by The Frugal Gourmet »

Welp. We got at least one more home game already.

Exceeding expectations.
ToddM

Post by ToddM »

Troy McClure

Post by Troy McClure »

No real surprise. Radulov is back in.

B Kat

Post by B Kat »

The Studenic experiment didn’t work out too well. And Hanley has been earning his keep.

Am sure the Flamers will bring a better game tonight.
Troy McClure

Post by Troy McClure »

So far in the series, the Stars have succeeded in getting Tkachuck off his game. This kind of talk will only help.

Getsmacked123

Post by Getsmacked123 »

I keep on betting on the flames to win -1.5, I have a feeling I'll finally win the bet tonight. Johnny hockey had a couple great chance last game, and I'll predict that he finds the back of the net tonight. The Flames have to be very frustrated with how the series has gone so far. But if you look at what happened in the bubble playoffs, this team is doing the same thing. I'm predicting the flames dominate tonight, if I'm right I'll win my bet. if I'm wrong and the stars pull it out I'll be happy. if the flames win by 1 goal I'll be pissed. Huge game tonight, go Stars
Troy McClure

Post by Troy McClure »

Getsmacked123 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 12:08 pm I keep on betting on the flames to win -1.5, I have a feeling I'll finally win the bet tonight. Johnny hockey had a couple great chance last game, and I'll predict that he finds the back of the net tonight. The Flames have to be very frustrated with how the series has gone so far. But if you look at what happened in the bubble playoffs, this team is doing the same thing. I'm predicting the flames dominate tonight, if I'm right I'll win my bet. if I'm wrong and the stars pull it out I'll be happy. if the flames win by 1 goal I'll be pissed. Huge game tonight, go Stars
The Flames are not a bad team. They've let themselves get sucked into too much garbage. If they play their best, this could get ugly.
Math

Post by Math »

The Flames will try to nuke everything from the game's first second. The goal for the Stars will be to go through the fire storm with the least possible damage.
slaps

Post by slaps »

lol.

https://deadspin.com/the-dallas-stars-t ... 1848897597

This isn’t down to goaltending either, at least not solely goaltending. Only in last night’s Game 3 did either team finally crack 30 shots or over 50 attempts on net at even-strength in any of the three games so far. And you can be sure Stars coach Rick Bowness was sick that it got to that point, though happy that the Stars pulled out a win in a game they were slightly outplayed in.

It’s hard to get too upset at what Dallas is trying, because they’re hopelessly outgunned by the Flames. Calgary features four 35+ goal scorers and three 40+ goal scorers. The Stars have two and one of each, respectively. The Flames have two to three lines they can likely count on to get a goal and create chances, whereas the Stars are dependent on Jason Robertson and Joe Pavelski being able to drag his loose collection of bones near the net to tip something home or bang in a rebound (which he can still do effectively, somehow).

So the Flames are going to see a lot of trap-hockey, a lot of dump-ins, and they’ll have to work through the slog to even and then win this series. It might help if Matthew Tkachuk were more concerned with getting shots on net and scoring than fighting John Klingberg for reasons only known to him. God knows his father could use the cardio from celebrating a goal from his son.
Winamp - it really whips the llama's ass.
Knives Out

Post by Knives Out »

Play Pacific Division Games, Win Central Division Prizes.
ScubaSteve wrote:I would rather lose 2-0 than win 8-7.
B Kat

Post by B Kat »

Bruiser Klingberg, leading the NHL in playoff penalty minutes.
Knives Out

Post by Knives Out »

I somehow missed this:

Blolz.
wonko80

Post by wonko80 »

Benn is such a piece of *poo poo*
slaps

Post by slaps »

wonko80

Post by wonko80 »

The Stars are going to cause my personal hell to continue by winning this series against the Flames meaning Bowness will get an extension and boring hockey will continue next year. My only hope at this point is that he decides to retire.
The Frugal Gourmet

Post by The Frugal Gourmet »

wonko80 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:56 pm The Stars are going to cause my personal hell to continue by winning this series against the Flames meaning Bowness will get an extension and boring hockey will continue next year. My only hope at this point is that he decides to retire.
I don't think they will win this series but if they do Bowness probably deserves it. The Stars have very little talent.
Troy McClure

Post by Troy McClure »

The Frugal Gourmet wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:37 pm
wonko80 wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:56 pm The Stars are going to cause my personal hell to continue by winning this series against the Flames meaning Bowness will get an extension and boring hockey will continue next year. My only hope at this point is that he decides to retire.
I don't think they will win this series but if they do Bowness probably deserves it. The Stars have very little talent.
Alternate theory: Bowness helps makes the team look less talented.
ToddM

Post by ToddM »

Bowness is only a good coach when his goalie is perfect.
Math

Post by Math »

Benn with another $5k-fine after game #4. I didn't noticed that play at all.

Troy McClure

Post by Troy McClure »

Josh and Razor whined about it at first, but the replay from behind shows Benn kicking his leg up to take Lewis out. Razor tried to say Benn was picking up his leg to stop, but it was a dangerous quasi slew foot.

Found a clip. This one doesn't include the angle from behind.

Knives Out

Post by Knives Out »

Playoff Benn rules LOL.
ScubaSteve

Post by ScubaSteve »

Always nice to have a $10m Brent Severyn on your team
Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died
Jason

Post by Jason »

Getsmacked123

Post by Getsmacked123 »

it won't surprise me one bit if the stars find a way to win gm 5. I'm not going to predict it though. I'm putting money on the flames -1.5 once again.
Knives Out

Post by Knives Out »

slaps

Post by slaps »

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/2355781
Arnott also claims that Suter's attitude played a part in his departure from the Wild this past summer. Minnesota bought out the remaining four seasons of his contract in the offseason, leaving substantial dead cap hits on the books for the next three years.

"I heard he was a huge distraction in that (Wild) dressing room," Arnott said. "Knowing (general manager Bill Guerin), he's not putting up with that and he's cleaning house."

He added: "Now look at them. They have a phenomenal team without all that money and distraction."
Math

Post by Math »

Tragically, a Suter buy-out won't hurt the Stars that much... But God I'm hating this signing since day 1 and it's not like Minnesota folks clearly pointed out this issue for the past years.
slaps

Post by slaps »

It's very funny that basically every single national writer / hockey person is piling on the Stars with "oh this sucks" in watching them play. They are the 1996 Florida Panthers.