2021 NHL Playoff Thread

Dallas Stars and general NHL discussion goes here.
Troy McClure

Re: 2021 NHL Playoff Thread

Post by Troy McClure »

Every team who ended the season with no cap space also had multiple millions of dollars on LTIR. A third of the league did this same thing to some degree to max out their cap space. The Stars were hoping to do the same thing with Ben Bishop. If they'd made the playoffs, he was going to activate as the season ended letting them hide his whole cap hit on LTIR.

Whatever abuse this was will also be fixed when the season goes back to a full 82 game haul. Kucherov getting surgery right before a four month season starts makes it easy to excuse him sitting out for rehab. That's harder to pull off over a six month season.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.
The Frugal Gourmet

Post by The Frugal Gourmet »

True. Not claiming that they cheated to win.

Only that maintaining their dynasty will get increasingly difficult over time, as it always does. Even pre-cap.
ScubaSteve

Post by ScubaSteve »

They should just sign Kevin Durant.
Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died
Troy McClure

Post by Troy McClure »

DGB did the math to see that had the Lightning had to keep Kucherov on the cap, it would have meant having to move Tyler Johnson or not getting David Savard. Not exactly guys instrumental to the Cup win.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.