2021 NHL Playoff Thread

Dallas Stars and general NHL discussion goes here.
Post Reply
User avatar
Knives Out
Posts: 21762
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:43 pm
Location: MTL-TO-TX
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: 2021 NHL Playoff Thread

Post by Knives Out »

I can think of one reason ...
ScubaSteve wrote:I would rather lose 2-0 than win 8-7.
User avatar
Knives Out
Posts: 21762
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:43 pm
Location: MTL-TO-TX
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: 2021 NHL Playoff Thread

Post by Knives Out »

Image
ScubaSteve wrote:I would rather lose 2-0 than win 8-7.
cdanew
Posts: 5751
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:43 pm

Re: 2021 NHL Playoff Thread

Post by cdanew »

Price was the only reason they were in that game for as long as they were.
User avatar
Troy McClure
Posts: 54267
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:37 pm
Location: not Cleveland
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: 2021 NHL Playoff Thread

Post by Troy McClure »

I turned it on for the third period, and the Habs had nothing. They pulled Price early and still never generated much.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.
User avatar
Math
Posts: 2113
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:19 pm

Re: 2021 NHL Playoff Thread

Post by Math »

First 2020-2021 game against a team that's playing in an upper league, Welcome back in the NHL.
User avatar
Troy McClure
Posts: 54267
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:37 pm
Location: not Cleveland
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: 2021 NHL Playoff Thread

Post by Troy McClure »

I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.
User avatar
Knives Out
Posts: 21762
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:43 pm
Location: MTL-TO-TX
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: 2021 NHL Playoff Thread

Post by Knives Out »

^TB took a goaltender interference penalty on that LOL which the Isles scored on, but it evened out because TB then scored the next one with like 7 guys on the ice LOL.
ScubaSteve wrote:I would rather lose 2-0 than win 8-7.
User avatar
Troy McClure
Posts: 54267
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:37 pm
Location: not Cleveland
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: 2021 NHL Playoff Thread

Post by Troy McClure »

Knives Out wrote:^TB took a goaltender interference penalty on that LOL which the Isles scored on, but it evened out because TB then scored the next one with like 7 guys on the ice LOL.
The Trots reaction to the too many men goal was awesome.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.
User avatar
Knives Out
Posts: 21762
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:43 pm
Location: MTL-TO-TX
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: 2021 NHL Playoff Thread

Post by Knives Out »

ScubaSteve wrote:I would rather lose 2-0 than win 8-7.
User avatar
Troy McClure
Posts: 54267
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:37 pm
Location: not Cleveland
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: 2021 NHL Playoff Thread

Post by Troy McClure »

In addition to winning the Calder, he's going to win the off-season when he uses the KHL to drive up his contract.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.
User avatar
Knives Out
Posts: 21762
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:43 pm
Location: MTL-TO-TX
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: 2021 NHL Playoff Thread

Post by Knives Out »

ScubaSteve wrote:I would rather lose 2-0 than win 8-7.
User avatar
B Kat
Posts: 16500
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:36 pm

Re: 2021 NHL Playoff Thread

Post by B Kat »

At this point, the Vegas Golden Knights are probably feeling like they are playing the pesky bubble Stars again.

Unfortunately the Isles are probably feeling like the Stars too. Am thinking it's curtains tonight after that beating.
User avatar
ScubaSteve
Posts: 43878
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:12 pm

Re: 2021 NHL Playoff Thread

Post by ScubaSteve »

https://www.tsn.ca/alleged-assaults-of- ... -1.1659115

Yeesh. A former Blackhawks video coach was very naughty during their cup years. Allegations of sexual assault from two players, along with evidence that the team covered it up. Give the article a read.
Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died
User avatar
SaintAngerBH
Posts: 13011
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:55 pm

Re: 2021 NHL Playoff Thread

Post by SaintAngerBH »

ScubaSteve wrote:https://www.tsn.ca/alleged-assaults-of- ... -1.1659115

Yeesh. A former Blackhawks video coach was very naughty during their cup years. Allegations of sexual assault from two players, along with evidence that the team covered it up. Give the article a read.
I find it just as reprehensible that team "officials" knew about this and did nothing. Given the fact that this was covered up, I wonder how many other times this has occurred in the NHL.
Math wrote:I love incest
User avatar
dyhp
Posts: 16532
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:00 am
Location: Portland, OR
Contact:

Re: 2021 NHL Playoff Thread

Post by dyhp »

this 3rd period is tense
User avatar
Troy McClure
Posts: 54267
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:37 pm
Location: not Cleveland
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: 2021 NHL Playoff Thread

Post by Troy McClure »

dyhp wrote:this 3rd period is tense
A late PP for Tampa, too. The building is super loud.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.
User avatar
dyhp
Posts: 16532
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:00 am
Location: Portland, OR
Contact:

Re: 2021 NHL Playoff Thread

Post by dyhp »

Troy McClure wrote:
dyhp wrote:this 3rd period is tense
A late PP for Tampa, too. The building is super loud.
Big difference when Kuch isn't out there.
User avatar
dyhp
Posts: 16532
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:00 am
Location: Portland, OR
Contact:

Re: 2021 NHL Playoff Thread

Post by dyhp »

Boom. great game. *f-bomb* you Tampa
cdanew
Posts: 5751
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:43 pm

Re: 2021 NHL Playoff Thread

Post by cdanew »

I particularly enjoyed the "F-you Stamkos" chant that was very clearly audible over the broadcast. :lol:
User avatar
Knives Out
Posts: 21762
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:43 pm
Location: MTL-TO-TX
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: 2021 NHL Playoff Thread

Post by Knives Out »

SaintAngerBH wrote:
ScubaSteve wrote:https://www.tsn.ca/alleged-assaults-of- ... -1.1659115

Yeesh. A former Blackhawks video coach was very naughty during their cup years. Allegations of sexual assault from two players, along with evidence that the team covered it up. Give the article a read.
I find it just as reprehensible that team "officials" knew about this and did nothing. Given the fact that this was covered up, I wonder how many other times this has occurred in the NHL.
Should we believe all men though? That would contradict believing all women.
ScubaSteve wrote:I would rather lose 2-0 than win 8-7.
User avatar
Troy McClure
Posts: 54267
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:37 pm
Location: not Cleveland
Been thanked: 1 time
Contact:

Re: 2021 NHL Playoff Thread

Post by Troy McClure »

Of the stuff NHL players make look routine, the one that continually impressed me is the ability to take a pass from any angle and keep moving. It's a skill I flat out don't have and never will.

https://twitter.com/DimFilipovic/status ... 44417?s=19
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.
User avatar
ToddM
Posts: 20005
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:23 pm
Contact:

Re: 2021 NHL Playoff Thread

Post by ToddM »

aVs Vs vEgAs Is ThE rEaL sTaNlEy CuP
User avatar
Knives Out
Posts: 21762
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:43 pm
Location: MTL-TO-TX
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: 2021 NHL Playoff Thread

Post by Knives Out »

I am so unhappy.
ScubaSteve wrote:I would rather lose 2-0 than win 8-7.
User avatar
ScubaSteve
Posts: 43878
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:12 pm

Re: 2021 NHL Playoff Thread

Post by ScubaSteve »

Knives Out wrote:I am so unhappy.
This entire season doesn't really count in my opinion. The schedule was entirely unfair the the players, to the point of being unsafe. The champion this year is not the best team, it's the team with the fewest injuries.
Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died
User avatar
B Kat
Posts: 16500
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:36 pm

Re: 2021 NHL Playoff Thread

Post by B Kat »

ScubaSteve wrote:The champion this year is not the best team, it's the team with the fewest injuries.
That's usually the case every year. And I'm hoping Mr. Cap Circumvention is out tonight. NY/Montreal will be great. 2 defensive grinders. Ha.

I didn't start out a Montreal fan, but they won me over.
User avatar
wonko80
Posts: 17923
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:03 pm
Location: Frisco

Re: 2021 NHL Playoff Thread

Post by wonko80 »

ScubaSteve wrote: This entire season doesn't really count in my opinion. The schedule was entirely unfair the the players, to the point of being unsafe. The champion this year is not the best team, it's the team with the fewest injuries.
Didn't you say the same about last year too?
User avatar
ScubaSteve
Posts: 43878
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:12 pm

Re: 2021 NHL Playoff Thread

Post by ScubaSteve »

wonko80 wrote:
ScubaSteve wrote: This entire season doesn't really count in my opinion. The schedule was entirely unfair the the players, to the point of being unsafe. The champion this year is not the best team, it's the team with the fewest injuries.
Didn't you say the same about last year too?
Probably. The bubble was a heavily compressed schedule too, and even beyond that, those circumstances weren't exactly conducive to getting the best competition out of the teams.
Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died
cdanew
Posts: 5751
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:43 pm

Re: 2021 NHL Playoff Thread

Post by cdanew »

wonko80 wrote:
ScubaSteve wrote: This entire season doesn't really count in my opinion. The schedule was entirely unfair the the players, to the point of being unsafe. The champion this year is not the best team, it's the team with the fewest injuries.
Didn't you say the same about last year too?
Well, wasn't it? Both seasons have been pretty damn weird.
User avatar
slaps
Posts: 36338
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:21 am
Location: Shady Drifter
Contact:

Re: 2021 NHL Playoff Thread

Post by slaps »

If Montreal wins after having beaten Toronto in the first round, it will still be fake but it will also be absolutely hilarious.
Winamp - it really whips the llama's ass.
User avatar
slaps
Posts: 36338
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:21 am
Location: Shady Drifter
Contact:

Re: 2021 NHL Playoff Thread

Post by slaps »

Interesting:

https://theathletic.com/2665772/2021/06 ... -playoffs/
Corey Perry had never been on waivers before. So he asked his agent Pat Morris what exactly it entailed.

Because the veteran winger started the season on the taxi squad, there were cap gymnastics and waivers and things going on this year not just for the Montreal Canadiens but for all the teams in this unique season.

Perry wasn’t the only brand name that was put on waivers. But once he understood what was going on, he made it clear to his veteran agent he didn’t want to go anywhere.

“So I did call three teams that looked like they would have the need for him, to ask them not to pick him up on waivers,” Morris told The Athletic over the weekend. “It wasn’t a threat to retire or anything, but basically ‘can you adhere to who Corey Perry is. If your thought is to pick him up on waivers, please don’t.’

“Two of the teams said, ‘We were going to put in a claim until this call. We’ll respect his career.'”
Winamp - it really whips the llama's ass.
Post Reply