Round 1/Game 1: Stars @ Preds 8:30 - Prepare to hear a bunch of "sucks" chants

SaintAngerBH

Re: Round 1/Game 1: Stars @ Preds 8:30 - Prepare to hear a bunch of "sucks" chants

Postby SaintAngerBH » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:22 pm

ToddM wrote:
SaintAngerBH wrote:Of course. Hulu streaming goes down with 3 minutes left to play. *f-bomb* you Hulu.

I got Sling yesterday, and it went down at the exact same time.

Also: FUUUUUCCCKKKK YEAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!1

Maybe it wasn't a provider thing. Maybe it was a USA thing. It better not happen again, though.
~Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.

Leonardo da Vinci

Knives Out

Re: Round 1/Game 1: Stars @ Preds 8:30 - Prepare to hear a bunch of "sucks" chants

Postby Knives Out » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:22 pm

One_Timer wrote:How can Heiskanen not get the Calder Memorial Trophy?

Pettersson's 66 points in 71 games is too good to ignore.
What I'm really concerned about though is Miro not even being a finalist, which would be downright criminal.
That Hanzal's so hurt right now.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:22 pm

All we really needed was one win out of the two in Nashville to start, so we're set. If we can take our home games, we will win the series.
~Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.

Leonardo da Vinci

The Frugal Gourmet

Postby The Frugal Gourmet » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:23 pm

SaintAngerBH wrote:
ToddM wrote:
SaintAngerBH wrote:Of course. Hulu streaming goes down with 3 minutes left to play. *f-bomb* you Hulu.

Maybe it wasn't a provider thing. Maybe it was a USA thing. It better not happen again, though.

I was watching on old fashioned TV and it worked the whole time, but I was standing for the entire final 10 minutes after Zucc scored goal 3.
Last edited by The Frugal Gourmet on Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:23 pm

Troy McClure wrote:And what does Zuccarello add? The ability to score three in a game.

Undefeated with Zuccarello in the line-up LOL.

The Frugal Gourmet

Postby The Frugal Gourmet » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:24 pm

Knives Out wrote:
Troy McClure wrote:And what does Zuccarello add? The ability to score three in a game.

I knew deep down and for an absolute fact that Nashville was going to score on that final PP.

Because they kept *fargin'* mentioning Nashville's PP woes the whole game.

And it actually looked like an awesome PP there.

But they didn't, so ...

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:26 pm

The Frugal Gourmet wrote:
Knives Out wrote:

I knew deep down and for an absolute fact that Nashville was going to score on that final PP.

Because they kept *fargin'* mentioning Nashville's PP woes the whole game.

And it actually looked like an awesome PP there.

But they didn't, so ...

Let the Preds pay the Preds tax! I pay the Homer tax!

The Frugal Gourmet

Postby The Frugal Gourmet » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:29 pm

That kinda sucks. What if it goes to ot?

(nevermind?)

B Kat

Postby B Kat » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:30 pm

Stars just got better each period. Hintz looked awesome. Of course Miro. Glad Dicky came back from that ugly hit too, he’s helpful. Good win, great start to the series.

mookie1010
Site Admin

Postby mookie1010 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:31 pm

SaintAngerBH wrote:
ToddM wrote:

I was watching on old fashioned TV and it worked the whole time, but I was standing for the entire final 10 minutes after Zucc scored goal 3.

FFSW on PSVUE was fine.

I'll bet it's because it was a live event scheduled for 2:30. The provider thinks it's over. You're gonna be dealing with this for the duration of the playoffs I'll bet.
you don't realize that your pants are too long until you walk to get a taco in the rain.

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:31 pm

ToddM wrote:

I would've broken something.

I had to hit "refresh" on yahoo's NHL scoreboard every 0.3 seconds like a *fargin'* pilgrim.

Miro looked yippy in the first, but seemed to settle in after the first intermission (obviously). Hintz was *fargin'* fantastic. Couldn't help but remember how yawl were shitting on him two months ago.

Benn actually looked pretty good in the third, and maintained his PPG playoff pace with the well-earned assist. Really the whole team dominated up until Zucs' goal... they were dictating play like seasoned pros while Nashville looked like they had no clue what they were doing out there. The Perds will probably bring it next game, tho, or the series will be over quick.

BigAl

Postby BigAl » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:31 pm

I was watching on Sling and the stream only cut out for about a second.
Not that it would have bothered me too much if it had gone out completely, because the outcome of a single sporting event provides but a brief interlude in our inexorable march towards non existence.
Thoraly Birch.

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:32 pm

The Frugal Gourmet wrote:That kinda sucks. What if it goes to ot?

(nevermind?)

Mookie's electric balls made him glitch through the Matrix.

The Frugal Gourmet

Postby The Frugal Gourmet » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:33 pm

No one will ever know what I was really responding to except a special few.

mookie1010
Site Admin

Postby mookie1010 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:34 pm

(nevermind?)

I quoted for clarity. Look up a little.
you don't realize that your pants are too long until you walk to get a taco in the rain.

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:34 pm

Who said that?

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:35 pm

Seriously though, this is prolly the happiest this board has been in years. We still suck, but we're having fun.

The Frugal Gourmet

Postby The Frugal Gourmet » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:36 pm

ToddM wrote:Benn actually looked pretty good in the third, and maintained his PPG playoff pace with the well-earned assist. Really the whole team dominated up until Zucs' goal... they were dictating play like seasoned pros while Nashville looked like they had no clue what they were doing out there. The Perds will probably bring it next game, tho, or the series will be over quick.

I thought Benn was actually great the whole game and in addition to being instrumental in the 3rd goal, I thought he was instrumental in setting up a key PP.

I also thought the Stars looked better overall. The Preds did have many chances to win this. The Stars had lots of other amazing chances to score though. Even when they were being outplayed in the first 15 minutes.

Going back through the chances in your mind, though, you can see that a couple of different bounces could easily swing one of these games.

Wow. Fun.
Last edited by The Frugal Gourmet on Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Frugal Gourmet

Postby The Frugal Gourmet » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:37 pm

mookie1010 wrote:

(nevermind?)

I quoted for clarity. Look up a little.

I'm not going to scroll all the way up there. It hardly is worth the effort in our inexorable march towards nonexistence.

One_Timer

Postby One_Timer » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:38 pm

Knives Out wrote:

(nevermind?)

This is great. Did I mention we outskated them?

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:39 pm

My DirecTV was a bit glitchy throughout the game. There were times things looked choppy, but I think it's this crazy wind we are having causing the dish to vibrate.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

The Frugal Gourmet

Postby The Frugal Gourmet » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:40 pm

Troy McClure wrote: There were times things looked choppy, but I think it's this crazy wind we are having causing the dish to vibrate.

:Winky:

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:41 pm

One_Timer wrote:
Knives Out wrote:

(nevermind?)

This is great. Did I mention we outskated them?

And Miro showed them how to deal with the Predators checking game. Dodge, duck, dive, dip, and dodge.

I hope Dickinson learned the lesson.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:43 pm

I doubt he remembers much right now ...

The Frugal Gourmet

Postby The Frugal Gourmet » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:45 pm

I think the truck that hit him was named Boyle.

BigAl

Postby BigAl » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:47 pm

Miro’s performance was a welcome spark against the backdrop of an endless sea of blackness.
Thoraly Birch.

One_Timer

Postby One_Timer » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:48 pm

The Perds are going to target him even more now.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:53 pm

I also enjoyed how Klingberg started playing better after getting angry at Arvidsson

The Frugal Gourmet

Postby The Frugal Gourmet » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:54 pm

Oh game 2 is Saturday? I just sort of assumed it was gonna be Friday night.

One_Timer

Postby One_Timer » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:56 pm

Troy McClure wrote:My DirecTV was a bit glitchy throughout the game. There were times things looked choppy, but I think it's this crazy wind we are having causing the dish to vibrate.

The wind is crazy and I’m very tired of putting down Mosquito Hawks.

Nice win Stars. Way to skate, defend, and score!!