12/20 vs Chicago - KLINGBACK

mookie1010
Site Admin

Re: 12/20 vs Chicago - KLINGBACK

Postby mookie1010 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:23 am

Man, I understand pulling the goalie early when you're down more than one goal, but this is the perfect example of why you wait until 90 seconds left or so. They salted that game away with what - almost 3 minutes left? That's stupid.
you don't realize that your pants are too long until you walk to get a taco in the rain.

B Kat

Postby B Kat » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:36 am

Yeah, Kling was Back alright. Julie could have played better. ;)

cdanew

Postby cdanew » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:52 am

ToddM wrote:Klingberg was Bad Klingberg tonight. Soft, passive with the puck, looking for pretty over effective. For four years, as Klingmann goes, so goes the entire team, and it showed tonight. But I suspect he'll round back into form in a few games, and we'll roll up a few more W's before reverting back to Soft n Pretty Hockey again.

Soft n Pretty is a perfect description for what the way this team tries to play and why it is out of a playoff position.

wonko80

Postby wonko80 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:55 am

I'd just say Soft. Often they aren't even attempting the Pretty part.

This is not a new issue for this team, but they tend to always play down to their competition. Which to me says they lack an identity for what they are and how they play, so they react and play according to what the other team presents. That might actually be a fine thing if you also had a lot of talent that was creative. When you have three 4th lines, that is not a good thing.

slaps

Postby slaps » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:27 pm

https://www.defendingbigd.com/2018/12/2 ... ne-is-dumb

And hey, how about Alex DeBrincat scoring on a screened Ben Bishop while Riley Tufte continues to develop, we hope? This has been your Dallas Drafting, Time To Gripe! Moment.

All due respect, but I’m not sure Radek Faksa or Martin Hanzal should be out there when you’re trailing with the empty net, even with Jason Spezza out of the lineup and center depth a bit thin. Get pucks to the net with traffic, sure; but you also have to retrieve pucks and win races to loose pucks, and you have better options for that. But faceoffs and size and all that. That we’re debating this after the Stars lost to the worst team in their division by three goals probably says a lot more about the whole team than about the sixth attacker choices.
Slaps has upvoted BKat.

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:40 pm

Why is Hanzal even out there? Wouldn't it make more sense for him to rehab in the AHL, rather than in a live NHL game with actual consequences?

B Kat

Postby B Kat » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:27 pm

Yeah, it's kinda sad to see him. He's trying, he is smart and does things well, faceoffs, penalty kill, screening the goalie, but he is just not fast enough to keep up. Maybe give him a month, he was out a long time. In the meantime, well, it seems like Monty likes him.

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:28 pm

On the plus side, he makes Spezza look fast.
Image Cody Monette likes this.

Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:33 pm

ScubaSteve wrote:On the plus side, he makes Spezza look fast.

"Et tu, Scuba." -- Spezza
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:36 pm

But yes, Hanzal is too slow to be useful. He and his contract will be a mess for the next GM to deal with this summer.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:53 pm

Why did Nill even sign that guy?
~Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.

Leonardo da Vinci

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:51 am

SaintAngerBH wrote:Why did Nill even sign that guy?

It was a panic move done after missing the playoffs and firing a coach. He needed forward help, and that summer was pretty bare, which meant he has to overpay for an aging and declining center.

It was also done before Radulov picked the Stars over the Habs. Nill will never say it, but I know he never would have signed Hanzal had he been sure Radulov was signing with the Stars.

slaps

Postby slaps » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:39 am

It was also a complete failure to properly evaluate existing talent. Fakes does everything Hanzal does, just better.
Slaps has upvoted BKat.