Postby ToddM » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:22 pm

Sounds like things got sexual.

ToddM

Re: Ken Hitchcock hired to coach the Stars

Postby ToddM » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:52 am

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:57 am

Is he saying there's no skill involved in today's game and it's basically just the puck bouncing every which way and that is why Spezza isn't doing well?
Image Cody Monette likes this.

Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:10 pm

Nah, I think he's saying older players are mentally retarded.

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:07 pm

Older players start caring less about impressing girls so they start trying less.
That Hanzal's so hurt right now.

Jason

Postby Jason » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:31 pm

Jason

Postby Jason » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:52 pm

Jason

Postby Jason » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:04 pm

Stars are 10th in Save Percentage and fifth in GAA.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:07 pm

So, is it just a lack of scoring now? I'm confused.
~Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.

Leonardo da Vinci

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:36 pm

SaintAngerBH wrote:So, is it just a lack of scoring now? I'm confused.

Yep.

But really we all knew that was coming when they hired Hitch. Ruff's style is letting guys skate whereever the *f-bomb* they want. Hitch keeps one forward back at all times. So of course that's going to mean fewer goals and fewer points... for both teams.

BigAl

Postby BigAl » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:49 pm

Since the 2/9 Pittsburgh game it’s been a lack of everything. Minimal offense and several blowout losses. Just prior to that was a dominant win streak.
Link:
http://www.nhl.com/stats/team?reportTyp ... t=gameDate
Thora Birch.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:59 pm

ToddM wrote:

Yep.

But really we all knew that was coming when they hired Hitch. Ruff's style is letting guys skate whereever the *f-bomb* they want. Hitch keeps one forward back at all times. So of course that's going to mean fewer goals and fewer points... for both teams.

But the offensive numbers have been declining as the season has moved along. The PP has been getting worse and worse, now all the way down at 21st in the league.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

wonko80

Postby wonko80 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:43 pm

Really the PP is way worse than that. They had an amazing run to start and have been *poo poo* since. Since Nov 1st, they are 28th in the league at 16.1%. Their penalty kill in that same time is also ranked 20th. So special teams aren't really helping them win any of their games and for sure are contributing to any losses.

Jason

Postby Jason » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:00 pm

Troy McClure wrote:
ToddM wrote:

Yep.

But the offensive numbers have been declining as the season has moved along. The PP has been getting worse and worse, now all the way down at 21st in the league.

I don't know if it's the same today or not, but the game Methot returned vs the Blues. A stat was posted the Stars offense was better this season over last season. The offense was a big issue last season, just like it is this season.

I know when Hanzal's in the lineup the Stars PK is better, but that's the biggest issue as he's out all the time. The special teams had that great start to the season, but the team couldn't score at even strength. While it has improved, the special teams is still the team's biggest issue like last season.

Jason

Postby Jason » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:10 am

Postgame quotes

“I didn’t think we were very good in our own end with the puck. We had all kinds of opportunities on their first and third goals, to get it out. It really started with icings. We iced it. We ended up getting hemmed in but we had the puck on our stick and fumbled it. Then we overcommitted to the board play on the winning goal.”

We’ve got to be a lot better with the puck under pressure when the game is on the line. We made too many errors with the puck and it cost us

Most of the team sucks at passing.

So what is done not playing the best lineup for puck possession and moving the puck out of their own zone. Which is why it was a waste for the team to acquire anyone.
So let's say on defense.
1st goal against (Methot and Johns) and 3rd goal against (Hamhuis and Pateryn) but Pateryn was terrible on that. 3 of those 4 struggle with moving the puck of their own zone.

Methot-Honka
Hamhuis-Johns

Either way hopefully there's 7 more games left until Hitchcock retires. Entire season was wasted because of the refusal to play the best puck possession lineup. Not that this team would have won the cup.
The NHL is all about speed, passing, puck possession and playing younger players. Developing those young players so they can help out, putting them in the right positions to succeed, not forcing them to change the style of play.

5minmajor

Postby 5minmajor » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:45 am

Some guy lost his *poo poo* on the train home tonight. Screaming about Nill, Hitch, and the entire team. Claimed that as a season ticketholder he deserves to see everyone gone. Made for an entertaining ride home.
"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

#JTONTFJTGM

Postby #JTONTFJTGM » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:53 am

5minmajor wrote:Some guy lost his *poo poo* on the train home tonight. Screaming about Nill, Hitch, and the entire team. Claimed that as a season ticketholder he deserves to see everyone gone. Made for an entertaining ride home.

Even the Cowboys have been to the playoffs three times since the start of the 2008 season.

#GaglardiTheOwnerNeedsToHireJerryTheGM?

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:08 am

Hitch should be fired.

Hitch won’t be fired.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:17 am

Troy McClure wrote:Hitch should be fired.

Hitch won’t be fired.

I dunno. I think Hitch is all jolly and not pissed off because he's going to ride off into the sunset into some sort of nebulous advisory role and then disappear like Les Jackson did.

Then they will make a very uninspired head coaching hire like promoting Rick Wilson.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:35 am

Hitch doesn't seem to be enjoying his job, so maybe he will quit.

To find a candidate Nill will hire, make a list of guys who were big names in the 90s and are still coaching today.

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:48 am

Mike Keenan. It's going to be Mike *fargin'* Keenan.

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:51 am

Troy McClure wrote:To find a candidate Nill will hire, make a list of guys who were big names in the 90s and are still coaching today.

Unfortunately Tortorella's contract expires at the end of the season (that's how much the BJ's thought of him - after a franchise 108 point season they only offered him a one year extension), so if you really want to bring everything to a head you bring that fuckface in so he can ride Seguin and Radulov out of town with his bullshit.

I know Todd will recommend a plethora of shitheads with no NHL coaching experience, but it really is Coach Q or bust if we're talking about a Nill hire. Scratch that. Any hire really.

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:51 am

Barry Melrose.

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:04 am

Pierre McGuire

#JTONTFJTGM

Postby #JTONTFJTGM » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:36 pm

And for those thinking Joel Quenneville would do better than Hitch has here, Quenneville couldn't win a game in four tries against this Stars team and Hitch knocked his defending Stanley Cup Champion team out of the first round of the playoffs two years ago coaching a Blues team that had Jori *fargin'* Lehtera centering Jaden Schwartz and Vladimir Tarasenko.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:34 am

That's a fair point. I don't think Hitch has been perfect, but there are systemic issues that have been with the Stars for a decade now, even through the rebrand.

I agree. Fire ALL of the scouts. Every last one of them.
~Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.

Leonardo da Vinci

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:00 am

Would Quenneville overplay Ritchie? If the answer is no, I say hire him.

wonko80

Postby wonko80 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:02 am

Yeah, I still can't believe Ritchie is on the top line. But really, I think he's there because they don't have the depth so who else do they put there?