10/14 @ Buffalo

SaintAngerBH

Re: 10/14 @ Buffalo

Postby SaintAngerBH » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:41 pm

The Dallas Stars are on pace to win 11.7 games this year.
~Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.

Leonardo da Vinci

BigAl

Postby BigAl » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:42 pm

But GUYS, we were one goal away from the Stanley Cup last year!
Could of.

Math

Postby Math » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:44 pm

ScubaSteve wrote:
ToddM wrote:
Troy McClure wrote:
Nill should make a trade. Don’t care who it is. Shake things up. This *frakker* is rotten to the core.

You want the guy responsible to make a panic trade?

I bet we could get slower if we tried. Roope for Dustin Brown maybe?

Zach Parisé. He's more injury-prone.

In Defense, I would say Lindell for Ryan Suter.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:45 pm

SaintAngerBH wrote:The Dallas Stars are on pace to win 11.7 games this year.

They’re now down under 2 goals scored a game. *f-bomb*, it’s awful.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:47 pm

Don't worry guys. Corey Perry will save us.
~Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.

Leonardo da Vinci

cdanew

Postby cdanew » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:51 pm

Oh lord, forgot about Perry. :S

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:54 pm

Somehow, Dustin Brown has 6 points in 5 games. He's outscoring Roope!

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:54 pm

ToddM wrote:
Troy McClure wrote:
ToddM wrote:
Troy McClure wrote:
Nill should make a trade. Don’t care who it is. Shake things up. This *frakker* is rotten to the core.

You want the guy responsible to make a panic trade?

I certainly don’t want to watch 70+ more games of this bullshit.

They played like for 100 games last season and were bailed out nightly by godlike goaltending. Now that Bishop and Khodubin are "just ok," the team's been exposed as lottery-level.

I'd rather see them fire the shitty coach than have the GM who signed two old 34+ year olds in the offseason make yet another roster change.

I think Monty did a fine job last season of having his bad roster build a wall around the goalies to milk a bunch of wins they probably didn’t deserve. Both goalies had the best seasons of their careers because of that style of play, but it’s asking way too much to try to do it all over again. The style sucks, but I don’t know that any coach is getting a bunch of offense out of this roster.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:56 pm

cdanew wrote:Oh lord, forgot about Perry. :S

And Comeau and Polak will 100% both be full time players when healthy.

BigAl

Postby BigAl » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:57 pm

At least Perry might bring some personality to the team. Everything else about them is nondescript.
Could of.

wonko80

Postby wonko80 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:37 pm

Sigh. Shoulda known they'd have a down year after an okay year and making the playoffs last year. Same as it ever was.

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:41 pm

Well, I mean, the last time we made the playoffs without Val was 11 years ago. It wasn't gonna happen this year.

Fitpro58

Postby Fitpro58 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:53 pm

The Dallas Stars are the Dallas Cowboys are the Dallas Stars. Seven games in for one, six for the other and there’s nothing left to say.

Math

Postby Math » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:23 pm

A correct first period, then they allowed the first goal, and it was over.

The PP is dramatic. You just need to play low in your zone, wait at three dudes on the defensive zone and that's it, the Stars are screwed. No movement, no permutations, lack of speed execution, way too predictible. And there you go, 1/22.

The PK also is terrible. The guy are always a fraction of seconds to late in the battle, they play too tight but even in these case they react too slowly. For that situation you need quick explosive guys with a great sense of anticipation. Having Oleksiak and Sekera there is a professional error. The 1-0 was symptomatic: Cogliano (which is a good PK player) is making the crazy bee in the middle of three pylons. One cross-pass and you have two guys out of position, too easy to score. Same *poo poo* happened vs. Calgary in a CTRL+C/CTRL+V situation.

Losing is one thing, but the attitude is unacceptable. Everybody gave up, waiting for the game to finish. No one seemed pissed, not even coach, the problem is also between the two shoulders.

At some point one guy must make a hell for an earthquake in the locker room, but who can be eligible for a huge yelling show? Certainly not Bishop, not his personality. Benn? not really the best example... Hintz? blolz. Seguin would be the guy but only by default.

If changes have to occur, it won't be before the end of the next home games stretch. If the Stars managed somehow to extinguish the fire by winning some games and be closer to ,500 then ok. But if they get 2-13-3 then Monty's gone. I don't see Nill be dumped before the coach as he basically built that team that made the postseason last year. He's not directly responsible for the shitty PP and PK as well, the lack of emotion in the game and the indifference towards urgency.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:38 pm

I think Nill is dumped long before the coach this time because Nill has been here for 6 years. Monty will likely be collateral damage since Nill's replacement will probably want his own coach.

I expect Nill to be gone within the next few games.

Nill is directly responsible for all of this mess with his crappy GMing.

Leonardo da Vinci

B Kat

Postby B Kat » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:33 am

SaintAngerBH wrote:Nill is directly responsible for all of this mess with his crappy GMing.

T Gags seems to be fairly involved, more so than many owners. Word was he wanted Hitchcock, he directed Lites to horse *poo poo* it up, so it’s possible he has some input as to the players signed and even drafted. None the less, this group looks old and slow.

Meanwhile, Buffalo looked great. From the puck drop they looked confident, made plays and had great puck possession. Scored on the PP, held the Stars in their own end multiple times, not just on the fated delay of game penalty, which wasn’t even the turning point in this game. Buffalo is fast and dynamic. The Stars didn’t even have a chance, and after a couple goals against, they gave up. Pretty big hole here, their record along with their mental state and their legs. Hintz is the only player who seems to have a set. And what’s up with Klingberg? He’s been awful.

It’s gonna be a long season.

mookie1010
Site Admin

Postby mookie1010 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:13 am

B Kat wrote:It’s gonna be a long season.

:cry:
you don't realize that your pants are too long until you walk to get a taco in the rain.

slaps

Postby slaps » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:28 am

I miss Lindy Ruff.
Slaps has upvoted BKat.

Math

Postby Math » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:02 am

B Kat wrote:T Gags seems to be fairly involved, more so than many owners. Word was he wanted Hitchcock, he directed Lites to horse *poo poo* it up, so it’s possible he has some input as to the players signed and even drafted.

I hope it's not the case. We're not in the secret of Gods about the unofficial Stars' but having separating tasks without any interference between the three major levels owner-GM-coach is an absolute must, otherwise, doors open to the big mess.

B Kat wrote:Meanwhile, Buffalo looked great. From the puck drop they looked confident, made plays and had great puck possession. Scored on the PP, held the Stars in their own end multiple times, not just on the fated delay of game penalty, which wasn’t even the turning point in this game. Buffalo is fast and dynamic. The Stars didn’t even have a chance, and after a couple goals against, they gave up. Pretty big hole here, their record along with their mental state and their legs. Hintz is the only player who seems to have a set. And what’s up with Klingberg? He’s been awful.

I pretty much agree. The Sabres have a new and very clever coach, young guns eager to win -- finally --- on a constant basis. They play right now without pressure, no one are expecting them. That being said, they did the same last year with a 10-game winning streak before crushing again in the bottom of the rankings, en route to a typical Sabres' season.

I think both teams played pretty even on full strength, when the scoreboard was scoreless. And then happened what happened.

B Kat

Postby B Kat » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:12 am

slaps wrote:I miss Lindy Ruff.

Seems he was a better coach, but I never warmed up to him. Not sure why. I wanted Gallant to be hired when Hitchcock was hired. Hindsight is 20/20, but it's hard not to wonder what kind of team we would have under Gallant.

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:25 am

I don’t think Lindyball could save this roster. The correct solution was to get Bishop five years ago when the team was good enough to win.
Image Cody Monette likes this.

Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

wonko80

Postby wonko80 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:01 am

ScubaSteve wrote:I don’t think Lindyball could save this roster. The correct solution was to get Bishop five years ago when the team was good enough to win.

Agreed. High octane offense doesn't seem to suit these players.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:00 pm

It did suit them in 2013.

Leonardo da Vinci