10/03 vs Boston - THEY SHOT BIG PAPI!

SaintAngerBH

Re: 10/03 vs Boston - THEY SHOT BIG PAPI!

Postby SaintAngerBH » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:18 am

ScubaSteve wrote:He had incredible speed when he got here. He still has an incredible shot, second maybe to only Ovechkin. But I don’t think he has ever been as fast since the Achilles.

Not as good as BRitchie apparently.
~Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.

Leonardo da Vinci

slaps

Postby slaps » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:51 am

Is Walsh Polak's agent? If not, this is even better.

Slaps has upvoted BKat.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:45 am

ScubaSteve wrote:He had incredible speed when he got here. He still has an incredible shot, second maybe to only Ovechkin. But I don’t think he has ever been as fast since the Achilles.

Yeah, Seguin is not blowing past defenders for breakaways like he used to. His one timer is pretty awesome, but last season's PP was pretty frustrating that it was overly telegraphed.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

Math

Postby Math » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:51 am

Too bad they stayed in the locker room for the first period. Polak's injury was the turning point, from that moment they finally started to be concerned and took out the lead crested in their skates (Hintz was the only one playing 100% from start).

Montgomery already started to change his line-up, even before the injuries, trying to pair Klingberg with Heiskanen and probably was forced to recompose the Seguin-Benn-Radulov line. Klingberg did not have a great game: lots of turnovers, often late in battles, first passes questionable. Heiskanen looked good, still nothing to say about Sekera: he seemed ok, didn't do relevant mistakes and did what was expected from him. Same for Polak before his injury. Oleksiak: well, as soon as he remains aware of what he's able to do and, moreover, what he's not able to do, it should be ok in his 6th defender role.

Three injuries, a tough schedule to come, the Stars face a harsh adversity from the very beginning.

wonko80

Postby wonko80 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:03 am

I was at the game and some Boston fans were right behind me. They trash talked the opening video about how the Stars weren't close at all like the players kept saying in the video. Then 5 minutes later Ritchie scores. They cheer wildly. Then a minute later the goal is announced in the building and one of them says "Who's Ritchie? I've never heard of him". True fans of their team for sure.

Math

Postby Math » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:07 am

And that's why I loathe the Bruins.

What did they say when Polak was lying motionless on the ice ?

wonko80

Postby wonko80 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:23 am

They were fine during that, but I wasn't really listening to them. It was scary to watch him not moving on the ice. I was afraid he'd broken his neck.

Math

Postby Math » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:45 am

On TV it doesn't seem serious at first sight. Just a bump on the boards like it sometimes happens. Then Polak remain laid down without moving and now I thought that didn't look good at all, with all the time taken to put him on the stretcher and stuff.

But right after the shock, he was still moving a bit his arms and head, which was a """""good""""" sign. I witnessed live two cases where the players crashed into the boards, ending paralyzed into a wheelchair and those guys just fell dead unconsciously. And it was clearly not like that in the case of Polak.

All the immobilization measures with the neck brace is -- I think -- due to medical procedures to avoid any additional risk and be sure to hold the spine and neck still. The more I look at it, the most it seems that the shoulder was dislocated or something like that. I hope that's not more severe than this.

cdanew

Postby cdanew » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:17 am

Being in the arena for the Peverly incident was one of the weirdest things I've ever experienced at a sporting event. It was little different because it happened on the bench/down the tunnel rather than on the ice, but very disconcerting.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:32 am

wonko80 wrote:I was at the game and some Boston fans were right behind me. They trash talked the opening video about how the Stars weren't close at all like the players kept saying in the video. Then 5 minutes later Ritchie scores. They cheer wildly. Then a minute later the goal is announced in the building and one of them says "Who's Ritchie? I've never heard of him". True fans of their team for sure.

Yeah, but they're not entirely wrong about the deluded nature of that video. In truth, the Stars were a lot farther away than they think. The top players outside of Zuccarello were gassed. Even if Benn's shot had gone in during OT, the Sharks would likely have won round 3.
~Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.

Leonardo da Vinci

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:12 am

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1847637

Leonardo da Vinci