4/2 vs. Philadelphia

BigAl

Re: 4/2 vs. Philadelphia

Postby BigAl » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:19 pm

Troy McClure wrote:Zuccarello and Cogliano both left the bench early.

Maybe they went for a beer run.
Thoraly Birch.

BigAl

Postby BigAl » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:43 pm

Thoraly Birch.

One_Timer

Postby One_Timer » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:18 pm

wonko80 wrote:
mookie1010 wrote:When the Stars broadcast is from the AAC, there are weird hiccups the camera transitions from Center to either zone, and there are weird light flashes. It doesn't always happen, but it seems to be more and more frequent. Anyone else notice this? It doesn't happen on road broadcasts....

If you slow it down and go frame by frame you'll see a white screen with "WTF?" across it flash by for one frame.

Man, that like the exorcist. Scary *poo poo*.

slaps

Postby slaps » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:24 pm

One_Timer wrote:
Troy McClure wrote:
One_Timer wrote:Lindell’s goal was Mcdavidish.

Pretty awesome adjustment to get his stick on a hot pass.

He’s going to get paid this offseason. Great draft pick.

I’ll say 8 years at around $4.5MM - $5.5MM, and I think that would be a good deal for everyone.

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:26 pm

He’ll be making more than Klingmann.
Image Cody Monette likes this.

Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

B Kat

Postby B Kat » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:13 am

Klingberg, Lindell and Heiskanen all have more goals than PK Subban.

slaps

Postby slaps » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:33 am

It's almost like having creative guys with immense hockey skills and hockey IQ is important to scoring.

B Kat

Postby B Kat » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:47 am

Am sure Dobby appreciated the support for a nice change. Does seem like adding 1 more offensive threat better slots the rest of the players.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:49 am

slaps wrote:It's almost like having creative guys with immense hockey skills and hockey IQ is important to scoring.

It's also pretty awesome to see the difference a grown-ass high-end NHL player adds. It cost a lot in a trade to add Zuccarello, but it transforms the team when he's out there.

His creativity on the PP also quickly tells me this isn't a PP coaching problem, despite what DBD wrote. This is a personnel problem. We've watched these guys pass it around to each other the same way for a long long time now, and here comes Zuccarello to show that you can actually skate around to create other opportunities beyond the Seguin one-timer.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

The Frugal Gourmet

Postby The Frugal Gourmet » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:27 am

Yes. People definitely looked more slotted In comfortable roles and our offense came alive.... in the whole 2 games he’s been here. Need someone like him long term.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:28 am

The Frugal Gourmet wrote:Yes. People definitely looked more slotted In comfortable roles and our offense came alive.... in the whole 2 games he’s been here. Need someone like him long term.

Well... that's the thing... who knows if he'll sign long term. But it's okay. Hanzal will be healthy again next season!
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:31 am

All joking aside, for as much as I *poo poo* on Nill, it's obvious Nill recognized there was a talent problem even going back to last summer when he was chasing Tavares and Karlsson. He finally addressed it by adding Zuccarello.

The Frugal Gourmet

Postby The Frugal Gourmet » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:31 am

And that’s the problem. I guess we needed to make the playoffs and maybe he did help in the 2 games he played but....

B Kat

Postby B Kat » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:24 am

All the work the rest of the team did in those other 78 games played without Zuccarello will pay off too. They learned to be a better defensive team, which is how you win in the playoffs.

The Frugal Gourmet

Postby The Frugal Gourmet » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:44 am

B Kat wrote:All the work the rest of the team did in those other 78 games played without Zuccarello will pay off too. They learned to be a better defensive team, which is how you win in the playoffs.

Unless you win with offense. Really dynamic offensive teams are almost always what ultimately wins in the end.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:49 am

The Frugal Gourmet wrote:
B Kat wrote:All the work the rest of the team did in those other 78 games played without Zuccarello will pay off too. They learned to be a better defensive team, which is how you win in the playoffs.

Unless you win with offense. Really dynamic offensive teams are almost always what ultimately wins in the end.

Stars are averaging 5 goals a game when Zuccarello plays.

mookie1010
Site Admin

Postby mookie1010 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:03 pm

Troy McClure wrote:

They're also averaging 5 goals a game every game that he leaves early.
you don't realize that your pants are too long until you walk to get a taco in the rain.

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:13 pm

Zuc actually brings some creativity. It’s refreshing to see a player that hasn’t been beaten and broken into our Ultra-Hitchball system.
Image Cody Monette likes this.

Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

The Frugal Gourmet

Postby The Frugal Gourmet » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:01 pm

Troy McClure wrote:

I almost made this exact joke yesterday.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:53 pm

Troy McClure wrote:

I almost made this exact joke yesterday.

It's because we both embrace only the most advanced stats.

Stars2099

Postby Stars2099 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:49 am

I knew it, never doubted them for a second. Always a believer since day one and you can't find a single post of me doubting them making the playoffs. Not one.
Official Quota of TSF.com

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:05 am

I'm still not fully convinced they will make it.
~Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.

Leonardo da Vinci