GDT 3/17, Stars vs. Canucks, 6pm

SaintAngerBH

Re: GDT 3/17, Stars vs. Canucks, 6pm

Postby SaintAngerBH » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:05 am

In all seriousness, he could do some bad permanent damage if he doesn't.
~Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.

Leonardo da Vinci

BigAl

Postby BigAl » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:15 am

Troy McClure wrote:
ToddM wrote:Does Blake Comeau have a twin brother that scores even less?

Obviously, they'd be better off going into the summer had they not blown $6 million on forwards who can't score last summer, $3 million acquiring a faster "upgrade" over Shore who can't score, and $2 million on a healthy scratch d-man in a trade a month ago. That's $11 million spent on next year's cap on four players who provide zero offense and three of whom play essentially the exact same role of checking line winger.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure they are going to have to not spend Hanzal's cap space again this summer because he's going to try to play again next season.

Nill's cap management has been atrocious over the past year.

To be fair, Comeau is paid what Roussel was paid last year, and Cogliano makes only $1M more Shore did.
Exactly why we couldn’t scrape up an extra $600k for Roussel is a bit of a mystery.

I understand taking a chance on Nichushkin. I definitely didn’t think he’d be this much of a bomb.

Oleksiak is the real head scratcher. Also, I don’t get why we need 8 defenseman on the roster.
Thoraly Birch.

wonko80

Postby wonko80 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:34 am

Because Honka doesn't really count as being on the roster.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:48 am

BigAl wrote:
Troy McClure wrote:
ToddM wrote:Does Blake Comeau have a twin brother that scores even less?

Obviously, they'd be better off going into the summer had they not blown $6 million on forwards who can't score last summer, $3 million acquiring a faster "upgrade" over Shore who can't score, and $2 million on a healthy scratch d-man in a trade a month ago. That's $11 million spent on next year's cap on four players who provide zero offense and three of whom play essentially the exact same role of checking line winger.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure they are going to have to not spend Hanzal's cap space again this summer because he's going to try to play again next season.

Nill's cap management has been atrocious over the past year.

To be fair, Comeau is paid what Roussel was paid last year, and Cogliano makes only $1M more Shore did.
Exactly why we couldn’t scrape up an extra $600k for Roussel is a bit of a mystery.

I understand taking a chance on Nichushkin. I definitely didn’t think he’d be this much of a bomb.

Oleksiak is the real head scratcher. Also, I don’t get why we need 8 defenseman on the roster.

And I'm not offended about paying a veteran checking line winger $3 million a season to also be a PKer. I do have a problem with paying three guys that much to do the exact same *fargin'* job. To have a full 25% of your forward group on most nights be that one guy is a huge reason why they are flirting with last in the league in goals scored.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:20 am

Interesting stat: Stars are now 1-5-2 in games where Khudo allows exactly two goals.

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:11 am

Hilariously frustrating.
That Hanzal's so hurt right now.