GDT: 2/7 Stars @ Preds - Stars hope to lance a Boyle

Troy McClure

GDT: 2/7 Stars @ Preds - Stars hope to lance a Boyle

Postby Troy McClure » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:57 pm

This game starts at 7 am Kyrgyzstan Time.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

Troy McClure

Re: GDT: 2/7 Stars @ Preds - Stars hope to lance a Boyle

Postby Troy McClure » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:05 pm

Same lineup as the last game. Same lines.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

The Frugal Gourmet

Postby The Frugal Gourmet » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:06 pm

No way we beat them twice in a row.

B Kat

Postby B Kat » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:13 pm

Yes, we’re overdueski. In Khudobin we trust.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:21 pm

Well, that was a terrible PP.

One_Timer

Postby One_Timer » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:03 pm

They need to play better for their Moms.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:06 pm

Wonder if Heiskanen scoring will open things up at all. Both teams have been playing conservative, perimeter games.

One_Timer

Postby One_Timer » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:06 pm

Well, well, well Miro

The Frugal Gourmet

Postby The Frugal Gourmet » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:12 pm

How terrible is the ice out there? It looks unbelievably bad.

The Frugal Gourmet

Postby The Frugal Gourmet » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:16 pm

Speak of the devil. The Preds just scored because the puck bounced over a Dallas stick.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:17 pm

The Frugal Gourmet wrote:How terrible is the ice out there? It looks unbelievably bad.

I'm pretty sure the arena spends three nights a week being used for tractor pulls.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:25 pm

Radulov looks like a guy struggling with his skating stride. After getting up, he was laboring to get back into the play.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:37 pm

Gotta hang with your man in 3 on 3. Oh well.

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:43 pm

Our first four-game one-goal victory streak in franchise history was not to be.

We still gained a point on the Wild, who got blown out by some amazing, non-tire-fire-at-all team.

BigAl

Postby BigAl » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:46 pm

That was a pretty fun game to watch. I thought we’re going to get a win. Lots of good movement in the offensive zone with defensemen making effective pinches and forwards skating back to cover for them.
Thoraly Birch.

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:48 pm

That was also a pretty fun game to not watch.
Image Cody Monette likes this.

Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

One_Timer

Postby One_Timer » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:49 pm

Stars still winning the season series against the urine yellow. 6 points out of 10. They’ll have the rubber match in a few games at home.

slaps

Postby slaps » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:43 am

I'm not sure what Monty has started doing differently, but they look a lot better. The last few games have seen a big increase in attack zone pressure, not just dumping it in for one shot and then out. They are transitioning much better, and getting good looks.

If Nill will get off his ass and add a proper scoring winger / second line center, they may actually not get embarrassed in the playoffs.

B Kat

Postby B Kat » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:58 am

Sorry, they’re starting to win with what they have, so no big additions coming. Don’t want to wreck the chemistry. ;)

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:12 am

slaps wrote:I'm not sure what Monty has started doing differently, but they look a lot better. The last few games have seen a big increase in attack zone pressure, not just dumping it in for one shot and then out. They are transitioning much better, and getting good looks.

If Nill will get off his ass and add a proper scoring winger / second line center, they may actually not get embarrassed in the playoffs.

One thing they've done is replace Shore, Pitlick, and Nichushkin/Ritchie with Cogliano, Hintz, and Gurianov. While this trade of sorts doesn't provide much more goal scoring ability at this point, it does inject quite a bit more speed and feeling of danger because all three of them will at least try to skate the puck to the net at higher speed. They now have a fourth line that can fly up and down the ice to, if nothing else, skate the puck the other way.

This line shuffling has also helped. Faksa now has Benn on his line, which is a huge upgrade and is a big reason why he now has 4 points in his last six games versus when his wingers were Comeau and Nichushkin. The line shuffling hasn't lead to any additional goal scoring, but it seems to have worked to spread some speed and skill around to at least help possession so this team isn't stuck with multiple lines who spend the majority of shifts farting around the neutral zone or hemmed in their own end.

Also, adding Oleksiak has been an upgrade and added stability to the D. Since that trade, the d pairs have been set and look pretty good. They've been able to stop the rotation of players Monty doesn't trust, and they now have a third pair Monty is fine playing 13-14 minutes a night, which gets out of this habit of him benching the #6 guy he doesn't trust and then overplaying the other guys.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:59 am

B Kat wrote:Sorry, they’re starting to win with what they have, so no big additions coming. Don’t want to wreck the chemistry. ;)

Nonsense. They will get roasted in the playoffs if they don't.
~Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.

Leonardo da Vinci

cdanew

Postby cdanew » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:39 am

SaintAngerBH wrote:
B Kat wrote:Sorry, they’re starting to win with what they have, so no big additions coming. Don’t want to wreck the chemistry. ;)

Hence the winking emoji ;) ;)

slaps

Postby slaps » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:57 am

Troy McClure wrote:Also, adding Oleksiak has been an upgrade and added stability to the D.

Things I didn't think I would see posted.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:38 am

slaps wrote:
Troy McClure wrote:Also, adding Oleksiak has been an upgrade and added stability to the D.

Things I didn't think I would see posted.

Keep in mind we are talking about the #6 spot. Expectations are lowered. He's rolling out there on the third pair and not being asked to kill penalties, play on the PP, or drive any offense. He's playing an ultra simple role and is doing fine with it.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:44 am

cdanew wrote:
SaintAngerBH wrote:

Hence the winking emoji ;) ;)

o
~Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.

Leonardo da Vinci