GDT: 12/01 Stars at Canucks, 3pm

ScubaSteve

Re: GDT: 12/01 Stars at Canucks, 3pm

Postby ScubaSteve » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:20 pm

They're still middling. Before today, they had lost 6 of the last 8 on the road.

I agree with Troy, goaltending has been great and the defense has been overachieving. I still don't think it's sustainable though.
Image Cody Monette likes this.

Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:28 pm

If Kari Lehtonen was still our backup, we would have lost every single game that Bishop was injured for and would already be eliminated from playoff contention. Thank god for Dobby.
~Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.

Leonardo da Vinci

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:55 am

ScubaSteve wrote:They're still middling. Before today, they had lost 6 of the last 8 on the road.

I agree with Troy, goaltending has been great and the defense has been overachieving. I still don't think it's sustainable though.

And that's why I think this talk of Nill looking at defenders may be real. I can't imagine he thinks these AHLers can keep this up for another month.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

slaps

Postby slaps » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:49 am

I’d be cool with Nill adding some bolster to the defense. Just not Alzner.

One_Timer

Postby One_Timer » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:50 am

Nill is handcuffed on the trade front, only having 300K in cap space and no roster players he can deal that are worth anything. He’ll have to send a bad contract the other way and teams will be looking for additional draft picks and prospects to sweeten the pot.

I’ll think they’ll stand pat unless the wheels come off.

FrozenFailure

Postby FrozenFailure » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:02 am

Game was alright, pretty bog standard current NHL meta high speed high chaos game.

A month in the grand scheme of things is okay as long as the forwards keep supporting the defense.

I'm not even really worried about next year's dcorps. Even though I'm completely ignoring Honka, the org has Cecconi probably coming out of UMich over the summer. Whether or not he makes the NHL out of camp, who knows.

Nill's problem is going to be a massive log jam of mildly unproductive forwards.

B Kat

Postby B Kat » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:30 am

FrozenFailure wrote:A month in the grand scheme of things is okay as long as the forwards keep supporting the defense.

The forward support of the defense makes it a little harder to score.

Great game, the Van goalie almost pulled off an upset, but Kelly Forbes’ Mom wouldn’t let them.

FrozenFailure

Postby FrozenFailure » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:04 pm

B Kat wrote:
FrozenFailure wrote:A month in the grand scheme of things is okay as long as the forwards keep supporting the defense.

The forward support of the defense makes it a little harder to score.

Great game, the Van goalie almost pulled off an upset, but Kelly Forbes’ Mom wouldn’t let them.

Well yeah, but good defense keeps them from losing 6-1 every night...