11/23 Stars vs Sens vs Cancer @ 7 pm

Troy McClure

11/23 Stars vs Sens vs Cancer @ 7 pm

Postby Troy McClure » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:08 pm

Shore is back.
Khudobin starts again.
Honka, Ritchie, and Smith are scratches.
Last edited by Troy McClure on Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

SaintAngerBH

Re: 11/23 Stars vs Sens @ 7 pm

Postby SaintAngerBH » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:46 pm

Honka and Ritchie should never play a game as a Dallas Star ever again.
~Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.

Leonardo da Vinci

slaps

Postby slaps » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:41 pm

I’ll be there in 311 if anyone feels like stopping by.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:47 pm

Monty is putting Nichushkin on Faksa's line. Monty is also clearly asking people to lower their expectations when it come to what people want from Nichushkin.

I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:11 pm

We know the offense isn't there by now.

Might as well try and salvage him as a checking winger to see if he can be a decent shutdown kind of guy. If that fails, then scratch his ass.
~Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.

Leonardo da Vinci

cdanew

Postby cdanew » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:34 pm

slaps wrote:I’ll be there in 311 if anyone feels like stopping by.

Ethan and I will be in 305

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:22 pm

Apologies, I meant to make the GDT for Hockey Fights Cancer night against a Canadian team, but like our team, it was very forgettable,
so just pretend like I made it LOL.
That Hanzal's so hurt right now.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:31 pm

Knives Out wrote:Apologies, I meant to make the GDT for Hockey Fights Cancer night against a Canadian team, but like our team, it was very forgettable, so just pretend like I made it LOL.

Oh yeah... let me make a small change.

Troy McClure

Re: 11/23 Stars vs Sens vs Cancer @ 7 pm

Postby Troy McClure » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:11 pm

Man, only like half the crowd could be bothered to applaud the cancer kid. Jesus, people.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:48 pm

In two shifts, Fedun just produced the same amount of offense Honka does in a month.

wonko80

Postby wonko80 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:51 pm

Troy McClure wrote:In two shifts, Fedun just produced the same amount of offense Honka does in a month.

He's getting favorable zone starts.

BigAl

Postby BigAl » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:07 pm

IMHO,the big difference between the carousel of career AHLers and Honka is that the AHL guys don’t have to think about the plays they make. It’s purely instinctual.
Honka thinks too much. Too many D to D passes. Too much skating with the puck in his own end while looking for the outlet pass. Too many weird head fakes and stick fakes that confuse his teammates more than they do the opposing team.
Thora Birch.

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:11 pm

Khudobin makes saves we haven't seen from a Dallas goalie since prime Turco.
Image Cody Monette likes this.

Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:18 pm

BigAl wrote:IMHO,the big difference between the carousel of career AHLers and Honka is that the AHL guys don’t have to think about the plays they make. It’s purely instinctual.
Honka thinks too much. Too many D to D passes. Too much skating with the puck in his own end while looking for the outlet pass. Too many weird head fakes and stick fakes that confuse his teammates more than they do the opposing team.

And these kids are pumping pucks on net. It’s great! I’ll take this over Honka’s patented toss into the corner.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:38 pm

The Sens keep coming back.

/don’t make a cancer joke... don’t make a cancer joke

BigAl

Postby BigAl » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:55 pm

I don’t think we need Klingberg anymore. We’ve got plenty of scoring defensemen already.
Thora Birch.

slaps

Postby slaps » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:09 am

It’s weird being on the Jumbotron. The camera guys are just like RIGHT THERE in your face.

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:10 am

Fun game. Too bad we don't get to play this Sens team more often. Possibly the worst team we've played all year.

Fedun was ...interesting. Fun to watch. Chased the play in teh d-zone all night, but when he was at the offensive blue line with the puck on his stick, it GOT TO THE NET. I think he must've had like 7-8 shots on net to-night. After a decade of Goligoski/Daley, I am still genuinely surprised when a puck from the blue line makes it all the way to the goalie without hitting a shinpad. Amazing.

No idea what's going on with Honka. Eyeballs and stats say one thing, three different head coaches seem to be saying a completely different thing. Unless he's got the flu or something. We'll probably end up trading him to the Pens, where he'll ease into the role of Niskanen 2.0.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:01 pm

Re: Honka, only some stats match your eyeballs. The stats that contribute to wins and losses match the coaches’ eyeballs. But whatever. The fact several AHLers can come up and displace him and actually produce non-fancy stats should say something about where he is.

I’d rather focus on young guys who are showing they can play in the NHL. Now that’s he’s back up and showing some confidence, his hands are keeping up with his feet. Hintz has been a lot of fun. He’s adding a boost to the second line. Same with Shore. His offensive game has taken a nice step forward. Having Shore and Hintz healthy and playing well might finally add some secondary scoring punch.

It’s nice to see some young guys actually do something with the ice time handed to them. It turns out some players are capable of producing more than excuses.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:38 pm

ToddM wrote:Fun game. Too bad we don't get to play this Sens team more often. Possibly the worst team we've played all year.

Fedun was ...interesting. Fun to watch. Chased the play in teh d-zone all night, but when he was at the offensive blue line with the puck on his stick, it GOT TO THE NET. I think he must've had like 7-8 shots on net to-night. After a decade of Goligoski/Daley, I am still genuinely surprised when a puck from the blue line makes it all the way to the goalie without hitting a shinpad. Amazing.

No idea what's going on with Honka. Eyeballs and stats say one thing, three different head coaches seem to be saying a completely different thing. Unless he's got the flu or something. We'll probably end up trading him to the Pens, where he'll ease into the role of Niskanen 2.0.

My eyeballs say exactly the same thing the coaches are saying. He sucks.

Leonardo da Vinci

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:25 pm

Ah another winning GDT for Old Man Monette.
That Hanzal's so hurt right now.

slaps

Postby slaps » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:53 pm

I’m vaguely pleased Dickinson looks like an NHL player now. He always seemed like he could be, but was never quite there. He’s actually getting there now.

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:07 pm

slaps wrote:I’m vaguely pleased Dickinson looks like an NHL player now. He always seemed like he could be, but was never quite there. He’s actually getting there now.

I doubt anyone other than Mario Lemieux would look all that great if they were given 7 minutes a night once every other week.