GDT: 11/16 vs Beantown

SaintAngerBH

Re: GDT: 11/16 vs Beantown

Postby SaintAngerBH » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:14 pm

ScubaSteve wrote:
SaintAngerBH wrote:
One_Timer wrote:
Troy McClure wrote:It’s prevalent league wide. It’s why old timers are griping about the game today. As fast as everyone is, they are also coached to play so fast with the puck that it’s really rare to see creative offensive play. These guys are playing hot potato out there. It’s just a lot of chips, dumps, and short passes. It’s frantic and leads to chaos, but there isn’t a lot of pretty and fluid play.

I’m not finding these games fun to watch like I used to. If I miss a game, I’m not bummed at all because I know I didn’t miss much of the skill that made me a fan in the first play.

Can’t disagree. Bring back the red line and whistle the two line pass.

I actually agree with this too. It used to take real intelligence and skill to create offense. Now, a defenseman can just outlet a pass to a cherry picker. It's super boring.

They don't even do that. When they first started allowing the two line pass, you saw some great long passes for breakaways. Now it's just a stretch pass that the forward deflects into the zone for a dump in.

Good point. The defense adjusted. Now it's basically just air hockey back and forth. Boring.
~Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.

Leonardo da Vinci

slaps

Postby slaps » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:20 pm

In case anyone missed why Marchand got the misconduct:

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:38 pm

Big Ben is a bit of a flopper, but considering how fragile he is, I'll tolerate him doing that bullshit as long as it keeps making opposing players hesitant to go near him LOL.
That Hanzal's so hurt right now.

wonko80

Postby wonko80 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:01 am

Bergeron will be out 4 weeks with a shoulder/rib injury. Obviously from the Faksa collision.