11/10 vs. Nashville

SaintAngerBH

Re: 11/10 vs. Nashville

Postby SaintAngerBH » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:07 pm

Yeah. Honka is worthless now. He sucks on the ice and won't get us anything in return.
~Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.

Leonardo da Vinci

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:17 pm

I mean, didn’t we know all of this three years ago when he couldn’t beat out Jordie Benn or David Schlemko for a spot?
Image Cody Monette likes this.

Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:34 pm

ScubaSteve wrote:I mean, didn’t we know all of this three years ago when he couldn’t beat out Jordie Benn or David Schlemko for a spot?

No, because if you remember, all you have to do is wait around. It's like the Oleksiak example recently discussed. Oleksiak is now playing great hock--- Wait a second, I'm getting an update.

By the time the Penguins snapped their skid with a 4-0 victory over Arizona on Saturday night, Oleksiak was a healthy scratch after being on the ice with partner Olli Maatta for all four even-strength goals the team conceded in its previous two games, including T.J. Oshie’s winner in the final 90 seconds in Washington last Thursday.

Yeah, it turns out Oleksiak still sucks.

https://triblive.com/sports/penguins/14 ... on-the-ice
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

slaps

Postby slaps » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:26 pm

We could have traded him for something decent before his suckage was unmasked, though.

cdanew

Postby cdanew » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:31 pm

The Penguins beat writer for The Athletic has an article about the Penguins' roster and who could/should be traded. Oleksiak is in the "Conceivable but be careful" category (consisting of 2 players):

Jamie Oleksiak — His defensive work hasn’t been as good this season, but I’m a little surprised that he’s been a healthy scratch multiple times. Has he been that bad? The Penguins have largely resurrected his career and you could get something in return for him. But again, he’s a young defenseman with promise. Trading guys like that usually doesn’t work out so well.

slaps

Postby slaps » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:33 pm

I bet we could get him for a 4th-round pick.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:58 pm

cdanew wrote:The Penguins beat writer for The Athletic has an article about the Penguins' roster and who could/should be traded. Oleksiak is in the "Conceivable but be careful" category (consisting of 2 players):

Jamie Oleksiak — His defensive work hasn’t been as good this season, but I’m a little surprised that he’s been a healthy scratch multiple times. Has he been that bad? The Penguins have largely resurrected his career and you could get something in return for him. But again, he’s a young defenseman with promise. Trading guys like that usually doesn’t work out so well.

He’s about to turn 26. He’s already played 200 games. And we are still seeing article talking about what he can do differently to salvage an NHL career.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

B Kat

Postby B Kat » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:27 pm

Hope springs eternal.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:07 am

Troy McClure wrote:
cdanew wrote:The Penguins beat writer for The Athletic has an article about the Penguins' roster and who could/should be traded. Oleksiak is in the "Conceivable but be careful" category (consisting of 2 players):

He’s about to turn 26. He’s already played 200 games. And we are still seeing article talking about what he can do differently to salvage an NHL career.

Polyannaish people like that are the worst...
~Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.

Leonardo da Vinci

BigAl

Postby BigAl » Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:19 am

Well, he still could turn out to be a nicely average defenseman for several years. But he’ll probably never be more than that. After this long in the pros he’s only going to see incremental improvement.
Thora Birch.