- Posts: 4475
- Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:43 pm
1. Hintz looked pretty damn good. Looked perfectly at home playing with Benn and Radulov. If he plays in a top 6 role, I think he will be noticeable. If he is hidden on the 4th line as a grinder, I think I'd rather see him playing in the AHL.
2. Radulov was in mid-season form as he took a stupid slashing penalty behind the play, which the Wild scored on.
3. Khudobin played pretty well. He made several really good point blank stops in succession. One Wild goal was really strange - came off the faceoff and should have been stopped - I'm not real clear exactly what happened because Khudobin had a weird reaction to it - almost like expecting a fastball and getting a curve instead.
4. Not anything new, but Heiskanen is definitely NHL ready. Was not a spectacular game, but solid. When he did make a mistake in the offensive or neutral zone, his speed allowed him to recover and he seems to play a pretty intelligent game.
5. The score should have been worse. Down two, the Wild pulled Dubnyk with about four minutes left while the Stars were killing a penalty. The Stars hit a post on the open net and a few other clearing attempts just went wide. Really wanted Khudobin to take a shot at the empty net, but he never really got the chance.
- Posts: 31944
- Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:21 am
- Location: Shady Drifter