Page 2 of 2

Re: 3.27.18 V Flyers AAC 7:30PM.CDT

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:03 am
by ScubaSteve
500 career points for Seguin on that overtime assist.

Re: 3.27.18 V Flyers AAC 7:30PM.CDT

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:24 am
by Jason
ToddM wrote:
Troy McClure wrote:Poor Honka and Dickinson got benched,


Gotta see what you have with the 35 year olds.

and other unrestricted free agents.
Wasn't a shock with the reduced minutes in the 3rd of Honka (2 shifts) and Dickinson(1 shift), Flyers 14 shots, Stars 6.
Third period D shifts
Klingberg/Lindell/Methot 9 shifts
Hamhuis/Johns/ 8 shifts
Pateryn 7 shifts
Honka 2

Re: 3.27.18 V Flyers AAC 7:30PM.CDT

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:57 am
by Knives Out
SaintAngerBH wrote:Anyone else annoyed that they won?

Yes.

Re: 3.27.18 V Flyers AAC 7:30PM.CDT

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:58 am
by Knives Out
mookie1010 wrote:Have I even done one of these this year?

And now you have to make another one.

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:12 am
by Troy McClure
BigAl wrote:Something I've noticed about Dickinson's play is... well, nothing.

Oh, I agree. Dickinson shows zero flashes of being even worthy of a fourth line role. I have next to no reason to think he's going to be anything but yet another name on the first round bust ledger.

But... you spent a 1st rounder on him. You have spent years developing him. You have even spent a decent amount of salary on him. If you don't even think he's good enough to deserve a look in these games that no longer matter, then don't try to sell me next season on how he's going to be a good addition to help the team improve.

And you know it's coming. We added Nichushkin! We now have Dickinson! Hey, there's Honka! Buy your tickets because these young players are going to step in and make the team better.

Re: 3.27.18 V Flyers AAC 7:30PM.CDT

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:39 am
by ToddM
You guys sound like Hitchcock.

"He's not scoring four goals every shift... BUST! Put Spezza back out there!"

Re: 3.27.18 V Flyers AAC 7:30PM.CDT

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:44 am
by B Kat
Not to mention the youngsters are probably scared to death.

Re: 3.27.18 V Flyers AAC 7:30PM.CDT

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:46 am
by wonko80
ToddM wrote:You guys sound like Hitchcock.

"He's not scoring four goals every shift... BUST! Put Spezza back out there!"

It's more that I never notice Dickinson creating any offense at all. Even if he just wasn't getting points but seemed to be any sort of catalyst for offense via good passes, stickhandling, or shots. I've seen none of those things.

Re: 3.27.18 V Flyers AAC 7:30PM.CDT

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:49 am
by ScubaSteve
Besides Seguin and Radulov, the only guys who are anything beyond generic grinders are Janmark and Faksa, and even those two just barely.

Re: 3.27.18 V Flyers AAC 7:30PM.CDT

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:35 am
by Troy McClure
ToddM wrote:You guys sound like Hitchcock.

"He's not scoring four goals every shift... BUST! Put Spezza back out there!"

Have you even once watched him do something with the puck that made you say, "Wow!" And I mean in the NHL. I don't care about what he did in the AHL. While wearing a Dallas Stars sweater, have you seen any flashes from him?

Re: 3.27.18 V Flyers AAC 7:30PM.CDT

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:55 am
by BigAl
Dickinson has the 1st round pick aura of potential that people seem to favor.
Elie was picked only a few spots later than Dickinson, so why aren’t people clamoring for him to get more ice time? Probably because he was never pinned with irrational expectations.

Re: 3.27.18 V Flyers AAC 7:30PM.CDT

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:10 am
by SaintAngerBH
Elie has been playing for a while regularly and regularly does nothing.

Dickinson hasn't played much, so fans still have their delusional daydreams about him being great.

Re: 3.27.18 V Flyers AAC 7:30PM.CDT

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:15 am
by ToddM
BigAl wrote:Dickinson has the 1st round pick aura of potential that people seem to favor.
Elie was picked only a few spots later than Dickinson, so why aren’t people clamoring for him to get more ice time? Probably because he was never pinned with irrational expectations.


Elie was a third-liner in the minors when we got him with the 2nd pick. So...

I've seen plenty of NHL flashes from Dicksinon. He did really well last night on the PK, which surprised me (Hitch putting him on the PK at all, that is). He's had some really nifty shots on goal that didn't go in, including one a few games ago where he turned an unbelievably shitty pass into a prime scoring chance by twisting his entire body around while surrounded by two d-men and the goalie. He's done good work along the boards for a skinny young guy who looks like he weighs 120 pounds. He intercepted a lot of Philly passes (Philly was pretty sloppy all night, I'll give you that) in the neutral zone last night. Between that and his smart choices on the PK, it seems like he's got a fair amount of hockey sense, maybe more than most his age.

And all that in six and a half minutes on the ice.

Dickinson reminds me a lot of Reilly Smith in his brief time here. Does a lot of things right, generates chances, but snakebitten when it comes to actually scoring, so fans think he sucks. When he was drafted some people thought he'd actually turn out better than Val in the long run, and I can maybe start to kinda see that now. It's just tough to properly evaluate a SCORER when he's getting fourth-line ENFORCER FROM THE LATE 90s minutes. The kid scores at will on the first line in the AHL, maybe give him, like, 9 minutes next game? 10?

Re: 3.27.18 V Flyers AAC 7:30PM.CDT

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:34 am
by BigAl
I mean, sure he’s a scorer. Just one that doesn’t score goals.
He needs to prove that he can create offense. If you’re not especially good at offense or especially good at defense then you’re going to stay on the 4th line.

Re: 3.27.18 V Flyers AAC 7:30PM.CDT

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:53 am
by #JTONTFJTGM
Troy McClure wrote:While Razor and Ludwig take turns sucking Kari’s dick, I can’t help but notice he got beat by an unscreened wrister from distance.

At the 43-second mark, the Stars' leading goal scorer with two in their 2004 first round playoff loss to the Avalanche, Chris Therien, described that goal this way:


Re: 3.27.18 V Flyers AAC 7:30PM.CDT

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:40 pm
by slaps
Apparently the Flyers' feed was absolutely brutal about Kari.

Re: 3.27.18 V Flyers AAC 7:30PM.CDT

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:50 pm
by SaintAngerBH
Brutal and true.

Re: 3.27.18 V Flyers AAC 7:30PM.CDT

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:11 pm
by Jason
BigAl wrote:Dickinson has the 1st round pick aura of potential that people seem to favor.
Elie was picked only a few spots later than Dickinson, so why aren’t people clamoring for him to get more ice time? Probably because he was never pinned with irrational expectations.


Dickinson is the better player, it has nothing to do with draft position. He should be given a legit chance with consistent minutes, if it doesn't work out it doesn't. This isn't like throwing some spare in a overmatched role

Re: 3.27.18 V Flyers AAC 7:30PM.CDT

Posted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:00 pm
by BigAl
I think maybe it’s more accurate to say that Dickinson used to be the better player.
Currently Remi is the better player because he can use his speed to create chances. Dickinson has very average speed and he hasn’t created much of anything.

Re: 3.27.18 V Flyers AAC 7:30PM.CDT

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:54 pm
by Jason
BigAl wrote:I think maybe it’s more accurate to say that Dickinson used to be the better player.
Currently Remi is the better player because he can use his speed to create chances. Dickinson has very average speed and he hasn’t created much of anything.


I don't think Dickinson is some savoir or anything. He's a better player then Remi no matter what has happened this season, the usage of players is horrible. Remi's style of play fits perfectly into dump and chase, so no surprise he's having a better year for it, rather then players who do better skating the puck into the zone. Not to mention being a regular in the lineup for the most part, over someone who say gets very limited minutes and isn't in the lineup each game.

It's just stupid not to be attacking the other team's zone with the puck.

Re: 3.27.18 V Flyers AAC 7:30PM

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:41 pm
by Troy McClure
I just want know Dickinson sucks. So far, he’s done nothing but look like a beer leaguer who bought a week at fantasy camp, but let’s see him get a fair shot when these games don’t matter to confirm that he sucks. Otherwise, what is there to go on when deciding whether he should be part of next season’s roster?

Re: 3.27.18 V Flyers AAC 7:30PM.CDT

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:02 pm
by BigAl
Saying Dickinson is better than Elie might be the same as saying Travis Morin is better than Elie. Morin is a skilled, puck possession type of player who also happens to be too slow for the NHL.
Dickinson isn’t better than Elie until he can produce better results than Elie.

Re: 3.27.18 V Flyers AAC 7:30PM.CDT

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:12 pm
by B Kat
Dickinson is going to be better than Elie. Elie could find a place in today’s NHL with his speed. He’s not a liability. Dickinson will turn out better in the long run. We’ll see. :CH

Re: 3.27.18 V Flyers AAC 7:30PM.CDT

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:42 pm
by Troy McClure
I don't know that Elie has much longevity in the NHL. He's very fast and all, but he'd better find a role killing penalties if he wants to stick around because his total lack of an offensive game is going to keep him from sticking around long term if all he does is skate up and down the ice accomplishing nothing six minutes a game.

Re: 3.27.18 V Flyers AAC 7:30PM.CDT

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:56 pm
by ScubaSteve
I enjoy arguing about which spare who will never reach 100 career points should be our 12th forward, as though that's the problem.

Re: 3.27.18 V Flyers AAC 7:30PM.CDT

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:24 pm
by Troy McClure
There isn't much else to argue about. We already know Hanzal can't play because he's done for the year, and Spezza has been granted a special dispensation to spend his time on IR on the ice.

Re: 3.27.18 V Flyers AAC 7:30PM.CDT

Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:27 pm
by Jason
Dickinson should have a long NHL career, I don't know about Elie.

Re: 3.27.18 V Flyers AAC 7:30PM.CDT

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:15 am
by ToddM
I could see Elie playing for a long time for a lot of teams, like a Mike Ricci-type of speedy grit role player. He's not bad at all in that role. Dickinson has a MUCH higher ceiling, tho it's hard to really see it right now because he plays 6 minutes a night every ten games. But he dominates the AHL like none of our recent prospects, other than maybe Klingberg.