3/14 Stars @ Leafs at 6 pm

Getsmacked123

Re: 3/14 Stars @ Leafs at 6 pm

Postby Getsmacked123 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:01 pm

No way they win this shootout

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:03 pm

One point wasn’t enough. The undertaker just tossed the first shovel full of dirt on the season.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

Jason

Postby Jason » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:23 pm

One point too many. This season can't end fast enough and hopefully Hitchcock retires from coaching.

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:26 pm

Just for yucks, I counted all the times Spezza moved the puck in the second and third periods. 11 times, ten of which went directly to Leafs. I mean... holy *poo poo*. I don't think I've ever seen a player's ability to play basic hockey drop so far so fast.

I also enjoyed how the entire Stars team collectively decided to stop skating with about 12 minutes left in the game. Up to that point they were playing pretty well, passing, slicing through the neutral zone with ease. Then Razor jinxed 'em, and suddenly every Star became Matvichuk on valium. (Obviously that doesn't include the young, fast, energetic players like Dickinson and Honka, who never saw the ice)

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:12 pm

Jason wrote:One point too many. This season can't end fast enough and hopefully Hitchcock retires from coaching.

I hope Chicago fires Q so we can hire him.
~Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.

Leonardo da Vinci

Jason

Postby Jason » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:28 am

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:56 am

The lady and I thought about going to this game.
But then I took a hard stance against paying $200 each for nosebleeds to watch Lehtonen play.
It would have been her treat too because of my old man, and I still *fargin'* said no LOL.
That Hanzal's so hurt right now.

#JTONTFJTGM

Postby #JTONTFJTGM » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:18 am

Getsmacked123 wrote:Klingberg is so soft

11:46 mark:

wonko80

Postby wonko80 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:50 am

ToddM wrote:Just for yucks, I counted all the times Spezza moved the puck in the second and third periods. 11 times, ten of which went directly to Leafs. I mean... holy *poo poo*. I don't think I've ever seen a player's ability to play basic hockey drop so far so fast.

He tends to just blindly whip it to the middle of the ice or on net, which is pretty much always a guaranteed turnover. I think it is his panic play to not just get the puck taken away from him along the boards, but the end result is the same. He did the same thing when he first came here but he also was able to make good plays as well. Now he's lost the latter ability.

He really should retire. I don't really mean that in a "he sucks he should die" sort of way, more in a "it's just sad to see how the game has passed him by" way.

cdanew

Postby cdanew » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:10 am

Troy McClure wrote:
cdanew wrote:
ScubaSteve wrote:We were well overdue for a Kari meltdown. It was only a matter of time.

As the resident goalie apologist, the second one Kari did make two saves and no one picked up JVR.

Yes, I saw Kari kick the puck back into the slot twice.

And given where those shots came from, where exactly was it supposed to go?

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:34 am

ToddM wrote:Just for yucks, I counted all the times Spezza moved the puck in the second and third periods. 11 times, ten of which went directly to Leafs. I mean... holy *poo poo*. I don't think I've ever seen a player's ability to play basic hockey drop so far so fast.

I also enjoyed how the entire Stars team collectively decided to stop skating with about 12 minutes left in the game. Up to that point they were playing pretty well, passing, slicing through the neutral zone with ease. Then Razor jinxed 'em, and suddenly every Star became Matvichuk on valium. (Obviously that doesn't include the young, fast, energetic players like Dickinson and Honka, who never saw the ice)

Do that experiment with Jamie next game.
Image Cody Monette likes this.

Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

wonko80

Postby wonko80 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:37 am

ScubaSteve wrote:

Do that experiment with Jamie next game.

That's the most frustrating thing about Benn. If you watch his play like that he looks terrible, but then you go look at his point totals and he's a top 10 left wing. So he's not *poo poo*, but man, if he could clean up those stupid turnovers and sometimes just shoot the *fargin'* puck sooner, he'd be way less frustrating to watch even if those things didn't result in any more goals or points.

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:02 am

wonko80 wrote:

He tends to just blindly whip it to the middle of the ice or on net, which is pretty much always a guaranteed turnover. I think it is his panic play to not just get the puck taken away from him along the boards, but the end result is the same. He did the same thing when he first came here but he also was able to make good plays as well. Now he's lost the latter ability.

He really should retire. I don't really mean that in a "he sucks he should die" sort of way, more in a "it's just sad to see how the game has passed him by" way.

I wasn't even counting "passes," just "puck moves"... including a surprising number of times someone passed it to him and he just sort of poked at it like a toddler playing with his with peas. Spezza just looks so weak on the puck, and he can't dish out or receive passes anymore. Like he's playing with two broken wrists or something.

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:52 pm

cdanew wrote:
Troy McClure wrote:
cdanew wrote:
ScubaSteve wrote:We were well overdue for a Kari meltdown. It was only a matter of time.

As the resident goalie apologist, the second one Kari did make two saves and no one picked up JVR.

Yes, I saw Kari kick the puck back into the slot twice.

And given where those shots came from, where exactly was it supposed to go?

Usually right through him.
That Hanzal's so hurt right now.