1/16 @ Detroit

User avatar
Knives Out
Posts: 17684
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:43 pm
Location: TO via MTL

Re: 1/16 @ Detroit

Postby Knives Out » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:02 pm

It's always such a *goddess* move to drop the gloves while wearing a huge visor.

User avatar
ScubaSteve
Posts: 35854
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:12 pm

Re: 1/16 @ Detroit

Postby ScubaSteve » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:11 pm

Knives Out wrote:It's always such a *goddess* move to drop the gloves while wearing a huge visor.


After a totally clean hit too
Image Cody Monette likes this.

Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

User avatar
ScubaSteve
Posts: 35854
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:12 pm

Re: 1/16 @ Detroit

Postby ScubaSteve » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:11 pm

What a pass from Radulov. And of course Benn leeches another secondary assist.
Image Cody Monette likes this.

Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

User avatar
Troy McClure
Posts: 42152
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:37 pm
Location: not Cleveland
Contact:

Re: 1/16 @ Detroit

Postby Troy McClure » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:17 pm

This is the longest second period in hockey history.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

User avatar
B Kat
Posts: 14155
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:36 pm

Re: 1/16 @ Detroit

Postby B Kat » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:37 pm

Yeah Bishop has been scary. But there seemed to be a hockey god there.

User avatar
BigAl
Posts: 3503
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: 1/16 @ Detroit

Postby BigAl » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:13 pm

Our empty net shooting percentage sucks.
Thora Birch.

User avatar
ToddM
Posts: 13791
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:23 pm
Contact:

Re: 1/16 @ Detroit

Postby ToddM » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:28 pm

Stars kinda playing with their food in this game. Detroit is a pretty shitty team. They remind me a lot of the mid-2000s Stars teams that had a couple of old Cup-winning guys, a few young prospects that may or may not pan out, and a bunch of nothing inbetween.

User avatar
B Kat
Posts: 14155
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:36 pm

Re: 1/16 @ Detroit

Postby B Kat » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:54 pm

I don’t know about that. Stars seemed to barley win. They definitely gave a half effort and still won, but it was a tie game and we almost gave up a shortie. Fortunately they scored on the PP.

LCA was super, though. Their screen might even rival Jerry’s, it was ginormous. Awesome lights on the ice.

One_Timer
Posts: 92
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:54 pm

Re: 1/16 @ Detroit

Postby One_Timer » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:27 pm

atticus ross wrote:
wonko80 wrote:
ScubaSteve wrote:Todd Bertuzzi's nephew and Pierre Turgeon's son both play for the Wings.

Yes, we are all very old.

Speak for yourself. I have had youth rejuvenation surgery.

And Bishop with another weak goal.


His most Reverend Excellency looked very shaky in the 2nd period.

User avatar
ToddM
Posts: 13791
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:23 pm
Contact:

Re: 1/16 @ Detroit

Postby ToddM » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:07 am

B Kat wrote:I don’t know about that. Stars seemed to barley win. They definitely gave a half effort and still won, but it was a tie game and we almost gave up a shortie. Fortunately they scored on the PP.

LCA was super, though. Their screen might even rival Jerry’s, it was ginormous. Awesome lights on the ice.


Detroit never really threatened, tho. Even after that first-minute empty netter, I was just like, "ah well... they'll get it back soon enough."

Had that happened against, say, Winnipeg or Colorado? Game over.

User avatar
#JTONTFJTGM
Posts: 1415
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:31 am

Re: 1/16 @ Detroit

Postby #JTONTFJTGM » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:17 am

#JTONTFJTGM wrote:

Image

User avatar
#JTONTFJTGM
Posts: 1415
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:31 am

Re: 1/16 @ Detroit

Postby #JTONTFJTGM » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:25 am


User avatar
wonko80
Posts: 14075
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:03 pm
Location: Frisco

Re: 1/16 @ Detroit

Postby wonko80 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:51 pm

ToddM wrote:Detroit never really threatened, tho. Even after that first-minute empty netter, I was just like, "ah well... they'll get it back soon enough."

The 2 on 0 shorthanded breakaway they had was pretty threatening.

User avatar
ToddM
Posts: 13791
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:23 pm
Contact:

Re: 1/16 @ Detroit

Postby ToddM » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:39 pm

Besides that.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests