11/16 @ Lightning

ScubaSteve

Re: 11/16 @ Lightning

Postby ScubaSteve » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:19 am

Troy McClure wrote:I don't give a *poo poo* how well an opponent is playing. When you're blown out and not the least bit competitive, it's not a good sign -- especially how it looks when you couldn't beat two of the worst teams in the league in your prior efforts.

This hot start by Tampa probably gets them into the playoffs. The Stars have fallen out of a playoff spot. They aren't far behind points wise, but they are now second worst in the conference in goals against behind Arizona. Their special teams play remains better than last season, but otherwise, there has been no improvement.

And the reason Spezza won't be benched (other than the obvious contract reason) is because there is no one to put in his place. There is no help on the roster or in Cedar Park.

There's also no way to get relief via trade due to our cap situation unless you can trick someone into taking Kari off your hands. And good luck with that. Unless something changes quickly, it's another year wasted in our quickly closing window.
Image Cody Monette likes this.

Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:49 pm

So. I'm confused. Why does this team suck again?

On paper, it's stacked.
~Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.

Leonardo da Vinci

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:47 pm

Who, us, or Tampa?