Trade Talk

B Kat

Re: Trade Talk

Postby B Kat » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:42 pm

So Mike Green in Detroit didn't get traded? But I guess after they got a 1st, 2nd and 3rd for Tatar, best to just call it a day.

Getsmacked123

Postby Getsmacked123 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:15 pm

The problem is that our front office is ok with mediocrity. They don't have the desire to get better. They think a successful season is competing for a wild card spot. This team isn't even as good as their record says. They are going downhill not uphill.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:09 pm

Jason wrote:
slaps wrote:Let's ask the Predators and the Penguins how NOT playing it safe has worked out for them. They have two of the most active and aggressive GM's in the league.

The Penguins went out and acquried players who did good in the playoffs, they can afford to go all in because of Crosby and Malkin.

The Pens can go all in because Crosby and Malkin, but the Stars shouldn’t go all in while having Seguin, Radulov, and Benn? If you’re saying those three aren’t worth going all in behind, then this thing is fucked for the next five years.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:17 pm

Getsmacked123 wrote:The problem is that our front office is ok with mediocrity. They don't have the desire to get better. They think a successful season is competing for a wild card spot. This team isn't even as good as their record says. They are going downhill not uphill.

I also felt like they were playing above their heads during their winning streak.

Don't forget that Gaglardi is not the kind of owner who wants to just blow money trying to win a cup. He is mildly conservative when it comes to that, it seems, which is annoying as a fan.
~Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.

Leonardo da Vinci

Getsmacked123

Postby Getsmacked123 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:25 pm

SaintAngerBH wrote:
Getsmacked123 wrote:The problem is that our front office is ok with mediocrity. They don't have the desire to get better. They think a successful season is competing for a wild card spot. This team isn't even as good as their record says. They are going downhill not uphill.

I also felt like they were playing above their heads during their winning streak.

Don't forget that Gaglardi is not the kind of owner who wants to just blow money trying to win a cup. He is mildly conservative when it comes to that, it seems, which is annoying as a fan.

Totally agree, I freaking love the Stars and want 1999 to happen again so bad. It is so depressing to watch this team fail, time after time. They are so far away from winning a stanley cup it's not even funny.

Jason

Postby Jason » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:23 pm

Troy McClure wrote:The Pens can go all in because Crosby and Malkin, but the Stars shouldn’t go all in while having Seguin, Radulov, and Benn? If you’re saying those three aren’t worth going all in behind, then this thing is fucked for the next five years.

This off-season they're going to have to start making more win-now moves.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:38 pm

Jason wrote:
Troy McClure wrote:The Pens can go all in because Crosby and Malkin, but the Stars shouldn’t go all in while having Seguin, Radulov, and Benn? If you’re saying those three aren’t worth going all in behind, then this thing is fucked for the next five years.

Here’s my guess for Nill’s offseason:

- Get Seguin a $10 million a season extension
- Sign Kari to a two year extension
- Let Roussel, Hamhuis, and Pateryn walk as UFAs
- sign Nichushkin to a two season deal
- talk up Heiskanen and Gurianov and how they’re going to be given chances to make the team
- talk about the tough seasons Hanzal and Spezza had and how he expects them to bounce back
- Re-sign Johns, Janmark, Dickinson, Shore, Elie, and Smith and talk about how he expects them to make progress
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

slaps

Postby slaps » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:13 pm

Jason wrote:

More “win now” than signing a starting goaltender and Radulov and a new coach and another supposedly top-end center? What the hell else is he supposed to do?

Getsmacked123

Postby Getsmacked123 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:57 pm

When the devil's are making moves to get better at trade deadline and the Stars in the same position as them. You know your front office is BullShit. I'd take Patrick Maroon for a couple draft picks any day. Nill you gotta go.

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:00 pm

The prices for these slightly-above-mediocre players were just ridick. McDonaugh is the best of the bunch, but Tampa traded one real first, one conditional first, their first round pick in Namstitov who already rules at the NHL level, their first rounder from 2016, and their sexond round pick from 2016. So... McDonaugh for four firsts and a second. Holy *poo poo*.

And Karlsson is worth at least twice that.

The only real winner today was the New York Rangers.

Getsmacked123

Postby Getsmacked123 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:09 pm

Don't rain on our overreaction day Todd. Lol

Jason

Postby Jason » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:22 pm

slaps wrote:More “win now” than signing a starting goaltender and Radulov and a new coach and another supposedly top-end center? What the hell else is he supposed to do?

They made upgrades to try and improve the team's weaknesses. Offense/PP (still a issue), the team's defense and goaltending and special teams (mainly the PK) with Hanzal/Methot. The biggest improvement on the defense and goaltending, is Hitchcock's system.

A lot of the forwards have underachieved see Benn, Spezza, Ritchie (even slower then last year), other players being out has hurt the PK (Hanzal/Methot).
The best possible playoff matchup is Vegas, the Stars can beat them. No matter who they added, with how this team is this season they aren't going to beat two of Nashville, Winnipeg, Ducks in a series.

Jason

Postby Jason » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:54 pm

ToddM wrote:The prices for these slightly-above-mediocre players were just ridick. McDonaugh is the best of the bunch, but Tampa traded one real first, one conditional first, their first round pick in Namstitov who already rules at the NHL level, their first rounder from 2016, and their sexond round pick from 2016. So... McDonaugh for four firsts and a second. Holy *poo poo*.

And Karlsson is worth at least twice that.

The only real winner today was the New York Rangers.

J.T Miller is also part of the deal, he's a upgrade over the the Russian forward Tampa traded to the Rangers.
The conditional 1st (is only if Tampa wins the cup this year or next), otherwise it's a second rounder.

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:54 am

Jason wrote:The conditional 1st (is only if Tampa wins the cup this year or next), otherwise it's a second rounder.

When McDonaugh is your #4 or #5 d-man, it's fair to say you are officially a Cup favorite.

I am disappointed Jordie and Connauton didn't end up in Pittsburgh. Maybe next year.

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:40 am

This Bruins fan makes the case that Nash isn't really an upgrade over Ryan Spooner (Nash has outscored Spooner by two whole points over the last three seasons), is more expensive, 8 years older, and less likely to re-sign after the season.
AND Boston threw in four other pieces, too.

https://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/201 ... rumors-nhl

I did kinda want to see Max Domi in a Stars uniform, even if he's really sucked the last two seasons. But I guess AZ was asking too much for him, because he's still a Coyote this morning.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:47 am

I thought Pacioretty was the perfect fit. But, that obviously wasn't happening.
~Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.

Leonardo da Vinci

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:05 pm

I thought Ovechkin and Karlsson would've been a perfect fit, but whadyagunnado?
Image Cody Monette likes this.

Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:14 pm

ScubaSteve wrote:I thought Ovechkin and Karlsson would've been a perfect fit, but whadyagunnado?

Fire Nill!!!

Leonardo da Vinci

Jason

Postby Jason » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:28 pm

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:48 pm

Owner is stupid.

Just kidding.

Leonardo da Vinci

Getsmacked123

Postby Getsmacked123 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:43 pm

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/2258 ... ander-kane

Show the owner and nill this story at the end of the season after the Stars miss the playoffs.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:48 pm

I think the Kane deal should have happened. Not sure if we inquired or what the price was. But, judging by what he moved for, we could have done it without losing too much.

Leonardo da Vinci

slaps

Postby slaps » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:47 pm

SaintAngerBH wrote:I think the Kane deal should have happened. Not sure if we inquired or what the price was. But, judging by what he moved for, we could have done it without losing too much.

According to that ESPN article, Buffalo only received one legit offer for Kane, which they took. That’s pretty inexcusable on Nill’s part if true.

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:07 pm

Evander Kane sucks.
That Hanzal's so hurt right now.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:43 pm

Knives Out wrote:Evander Kane sucks.

I don’t need great. I need better than Ritchie.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:33 pm

Troy McClure wrote:

Yup. Ritchie sucks worse than Kane for sure.

Leonardo da Vinci

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:47 pm

Troy McClure wrote:

Gemel Smith.

slaps

Postby slaps » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:06 am

Troy McClure wrote:

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/2260 ... ton-oilers

Kane made an immediate impact in his San Jose debut by assisting on two goals during a four-goal second period and delivering a few big hits that helped the Sharks beat the Edmonton Oilers 5-2 on Tuesday night.

"I kind of come from not playing so much meaningful hockey to playing some meaningful hockey," he said. "Obviously, you get a little ramped up and I just tried to change the game in any way I can. It's good to get on the board and contribute offensively and also with some other elements."

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:15 am

So he Brenden Morrowed.
Image Cody Monette likes this.

Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:29 am

Or half Bricharded.

Leonardo da Vinci