10/19 @ Arizona

Knives Out

Re: 10/19 @ Arizona

Postby Knives Out » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:07 am

BigAl wrote:So, Honka probably plays in the next game, right? Oleksiak earned some press box time.

The Hurricanes are fast as *poo poo* so Big Rig would basically just be a pilon to them.

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:07 am

ScubaSteve wrote:Klingberg looks so much more comfortable this year. Almost to the point of nonchalance. Like, you know you can take a slap shot every now and then too, right?

I've noticed him smiling a lot just before face-offs in our zone.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:07 am

Maybe it's the comfort of not worrying about the goalie behind him.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

slaps

Postby slaps » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:37 am

Watching games this year, it sure seems like Razor and Ludwig are taking a ton of shots at Kari as compared to Bishop.

B Kat

Postby B Kat » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:37 am

Just finished watching the game. Whew. That was by far our worst game of the season, but we score 5 goals. And thank you Ben Bishop. He's amazing.

I feel sorry for AZ, they have some nice kids and they try, try, tried. I'll be rooting for them from now on.

As Oleksiak's second and costly turnover was happening I said, Oleksiak is out there again, what a change from Lindy, where Oleksiak wouldn't have played another minute after that first turnover. Ha.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:56 am

Oleksiak shouldn't play another minute for a while...
~Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.

Leonardo da Vinci

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:05 am

slaps wrote:Watching games this year, it sure seems like Razor and Ludwig are taking a ton of shots at Kari as compared to Bishop.

Most shots go right past Kari anyway.
Image Cody Monette likes this.

Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:21 am

B Kat wrote:Just finished watching the game. Whew. That was by far our worst game of the season, but we score 5 goals. And thank you Ben Bishop. He's amazing.

I feel sorry for AZ, they have some nice kids and they try, try, tried. I'll be rooting for them from now on.

As Oleksiak's second and costly turnover was happening I said, Oleksiak is out there again, what a change from Lindy, where Oleksiak wouldn't have played another minute after that first turnover. Ha.

Hitch gave him one more chance. He didn't play for the final 13 minutes and change of the third period. After the game, Hitch didn't say anything negative about him other than he had a rough night.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

#JTONTFJTGM

Postby #JTONTFJTGM » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:05 am

The 2:13 mark is where Mike Heika asks Hitch about Oleksiak:

slaps

Postby slaps » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:19 pm

SaintAngerBH wrote:Oleksiak shouldn't play another minute for a while...

I get the sentiment, but he's got play if he's going to get better, or at least good enough to have any trade value.

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:40 pm

Yeah, every d-man looked like ass out there, tho Oleksiak's three gaffes were especially noticeable because they all led to prime scoring chances and goals. But last game was a cluterfuck on D all night. No one was able to make a simple pass out of their zone. Tons of times they got it on their forehands, only to lose it, or turn it over, or pass right into a Coyote. Everyone lost a ton of puck battles, too. Lindell was the only one with a game that was above-average. Methot kept getting pinned in his own zone, Klingz had ridick turnovers, and Hamhuis just straight-up abandoned a dude in front of the net on the second (?) goal.

So, there was a lot of *poo poo* going down across the board. I think that's why Hitch seemed so blaise about Oleksiak's fuckups.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:14 pm

slaps wrote:
SaintAngerBH wrote:Oleksiak shouldn't play another minute for a while...

I get the sentiment, but he's got play if he's going to get better, or at least good enough to have any trade value.

No, I know. I just typed that in the heat of the moment. Honestly, I like that Hitch didn't just automatically bench him like Ruff would have.

It's true of any job. When I first started working in a biochemistry lab, I made stupid mistakes that I learned from. But, there was never any talk of kicking me out of the lab for it.
~Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.

Leonardo da Vinci

Jason

Postby Jason » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:27 pm