2017-2018 Stars Season Thread

SaintAngerBH

Re: 2017-2018 Stars Season Thread

Postby SaintAngerBH » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:15 pm

Wow. The Stars are only 4 points behind first place in the central. That's not too bad.
~Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.

Leonardo da Vinci

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:20 pm

SaintAngerBH wrote:Wow. The Stars are only 4 points behind first place in the central. That's not too bad.

Conversely, the Stars are also only in a playoff position by 2 points right now.
Image Cody Monette likes this.

Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

5minmajor

Postby 5minmajor » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:35 pm

and 5 points above last place
"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:39 pm

The hot new advanced stat is Expected Goals%, which is kinda like Corsi, except that in addition to total shots, it also takes into account where the shots were made, distance from the net, etc etc. Anyways, Dallas is #1 in the NHL in that stat, just ahead of Tampa.

Of course, Edmonton and Montreal are top-10, so take it with a grain of salt.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:47 pm

ScubaSteve wrote:
SaintAngerBH wrote:Wow. The Stars are only 4 points behind first place in the central. That's not too bad.

Conversely, the Stars are also only in a playoff position by 2 points right now.

Buzzkill....

:lol:
~Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.

Leonardo da Vinci

#JTONTFJTGM

Postby #JTONTFJTGM » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:46 pm

Impressively, Rhynes asks Hitch about Spezza at the start:

https://audioboom.com/posts/6604335-hl-hitch?t=0

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:25 pm

Hitch made it sound like they decided to execute Spezza's firstborn and then were helping Spezza through the deep personal tragedy.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:53 am

That's not what they did?

Leonardo da Vinci

Jason

Postby Jason » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:41 am

Stars are 16-6-2 with Honka in the lineup, at least a point in 18 out of 24 games (75%).
Stars are 10-11-2 without Honka in the lineup. at least a point in 12 out of 23 games(52.1%)

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:41 am

Someone needs to bring this to Hitch's attention.

Leonardo da Vinci

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:31 am

Yeah, but the Stars get at least a point in 1 out of 1 games with Heatherington in the lineup (100%).
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

BigAl

Postby BigAl » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:00 pm

I don’t like Heather or Heater as a nickname for Heatherington, so instead I’ll be referring to him as Ring Tone.
Thora Birch.

BigAl

Postby BigAl » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:05 pm

Also, Honka is holding steady as the 18th best rookie defenseman in terms of points/game.

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?reportT ... ntsPerGame
Thora Birch.

wonko80

Postby wonko80 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:13 pm

Can we call him Lord Heatherington? His last name sounds lord-like. Or maybe Duke?

wonko80

Postby wonko80 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:21 pm

Also, in an article on The Athletic, they look at all the top four defencemen in the league and see when at what age they started playing at least half a season in the NHL. Looks like half were in the NHL by age 21 and 80 percent by age 23. So take a look at any of our guys and if they aren't in the NHL by 22, the statistics say they are unlikely to turn into a top four defenceman. Which means we are fast approaching the cutoff for Honka, Heatherington, Johns (he may be an outlier as he seems to have locked in a place), Hansson, Bystrom, and even some other prospects that I don't even know the name of but are already 21. Not looking good for them.

Basically the article was trying to challenge the "it takes longer for a defenceman to mature" type thinking. That might be true in the sense that it takes them longer to get really good, but the ones with that upside still are regular NHLers by age 23.

(not sure if this article requires a subscription or not... I have one as it's worth it)
https://theathletic.com/212763/2018/01/ ... n-make-it/

BigAl

Postby BigAl » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:35 pm

Unfortunately that article does require a subscription.
But I agree with what you said. The really good defensemen figure it out very quickly and spend almost no time in the minors. It’s the average and fringe players that need the most seasoning.

I’ve actually got a database full of player data and I could probably run queries to show stats on nhl debut related to career longevity, but it’s such a pain to do it that I can never muster the motivation.
Thora Birch.

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:39 pm

Nerds.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:39 pm

BigAl wrote:I don’t like Heather or Heater as a nickname for Heatherington, so instead I’ll be referring to him as Ring Tone.

I submitted my vote last night.

I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

slaps

Postby slaps » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:55 pm

wonko80 wrote:Johns (he may be an outlier as he seems to have locked in a place)

Johns gets an extra year or two. Call it "the Ruff Effect."

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:16 pm

wonko80 wrote:Also, in an article on The Athletic, they look at all the top four defencemen in the league and see when at what age they started playing at least half a season in the NHL. Looks like half were in the NHL by age 21 and 80 percent by age 23. So take a look at any of our guys and if they aren't in the NHL by 22, the statistics say they are unlikely to turn into a top four defenceman. Which means we are fast approaching the cutoff for Honka, Heatherington, Johns (he may be an outlier as he seems to have locked in a place), Hansson, Bystrom, and even some other prospects that I don't even know the name of but are already 21. Not looking good for them.

Basically the article was trying to challenge the "it takes longer for a defenceman to mature" type thinking. That might be true in the sense that it takes them longer to get really good, but the ones with that upside still are regular NHLers by age 23.

(not sure if this article requires a subscription or not... I have one as it's worth it)
https://theathletic.com/212763/2018/01/ ... n-make-it/

A part of this I wish he focused more on would have been the growth of these players over those younger years, which is hard to quantify.

The old axiom may still have some truth to it if we are careful with how we read it. It may be true that it takes d-men longer to get their game up to its peak level than say a goal scorer or checking winger, but that shouldn't be taken to mean they are terrible for four seasons and then figure it out at age 26 or 27.

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:25 pm

slaps wrote:
wonko80 wrote:Johns (he may be an outlier as he seems to have locked in a place)

Johns gets an extra year or two. Call it "the Ruff Effect."

Yeah, it's unfair to grade Dallas d-men on that curve because they just weren't getting any playing time under Ruff.

I mean, both Nemeth and Oleksiak instantly slotted into top-4 roles on their new teams (both of which started playing much better after acquiring them). Niskanen is Washington's #2. It shows that they can do it, they were just never given the chance here, for whatever reason.

#JTONTFJTGM

Postby #JTONTFJTGM » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:59 pm

wonko80

Postby wonko80 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:20 pm

ToddM wrote:Yeah, it's unfair to grade Dallas d-men on that curve because they just weren't getting any playing time under Ruff.

I mean, both Nemeth and Oleksiak instantly slotted into top-4 roles on their new teams (both of which started playing much better after acquiring them). Niskanen is Washington's #2. It shows that they can do it, they were just never given the chance here, for whatever reason.

I'm admittedly an advanced stats noob, but aren't Nemeth's Corsi numbers terrible this year?

BigAl

Postby BigAl » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:28 pm

Ok, dammit, I couldn't resist the call of the nerd. I hacked together something quick.
This is for players born between 1960 and 1979 (to give ample room for a full career)

Code: Select all

Age at          Average
first           career
NHL start       games
18              652
19              534
20              385
21              353
22              286
23              229
24              174
25              164
26              132
27              96

Here's the list of those that started at 18:
Spoiler:

totalGP
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------
Adam Creighton                                                                                        708
Aki Berg                                                                                              606
Al Iafrate                                                                                            799
Al MacInnis                                                                                           1416
Alain Cote                                                                                            119
Alexandre Daigle                                                                                      616
Alfie Turcotte                                                                                        112
Andrew McBain                                                                                         608
Bob Carpenter                                                                                         1178
Bob Halkidis                                                                                          256
Bobby Dollas                                                                                          646
Brad Dalgarno                                                                                         321
Brendan Shanahan                                                                                      1524
Brent Sutter                                                                                          1111
Brian Bellows                                                                                         1188
Brian Benning                                                                                         568
Brian Lawton                                                                                          483
Brian Wilks                                                                                           48
Bruce Cassidy                                                                                         36
Cam Neely                                                                                             726
Chris Clifford                                                                                        2
Chris Gratton                                                                                         1092
Chris Joseph                                                                                          510
Claude Lemieux                                                                                        1215
Claude Loiselle                                                                                       616
Craig Duncanson                                                                                       38
Craig Endean                                                                                          2
Craig Simpson                                                                                         634
Craig Wolanin                                                                                         695
Curtis Brown                                                                                          736
Dainius Zubrus                                                                                        1293
Dale Hawerchuk                                                                                        1188
Dan Quinn                                                                                             805
Dave Archibald                                                                                        323
Dave Chyzowski                                                                                        126
Dave Gans                                                                                             6
Dave Morrison                                                                                         39
David Latta                                                                                           36
David Shaw                                                                                            769
Dean McAmmond                                                                                         996
Derek Laxdal                                                                                          67
Doug Bodger                                                                                           1071
Doug Smith                                                                                            535
Drake Berehowsky                                                                                      549
Ed Olczyk                                                                                             1031
Eric Calder                                                                                           2
Everett Sanipass                                                                                      164
Francois Leroux                                                                                       249
Garth Butcher                                                                                         897
Gary Leeman                                                                                           667
Geoff Sanderson                                                                                       1104
Gord Kluzak                                                                                           299
Greg Johnston                                                                                         187
Hannu Virta                                                                                           245
Herb Raglan                                                                                           343
Jarome Iginla                                                                                         1474
Jaromir Jagr                                                                                          1629
Jason Allison                                                                                         552
Jason Bonsignore                                                                                      79
Jason Doig                                                                                            158
Jason Wiemer                                                                                          726
Jay McKee                                                                                             802
Jeff Eatough                                                                                          1
Jeff Friesen                                                                                          893
Jeff Greenlaw                                                                                         57
Jeremy Roenick                                                                                        1363
Jim Benning                                                                                           605
Jim Kyte                                                                                              598
Jim McGeough                                                                                          57
Jimmy Carson                                                                                          626
Jocelyn Thibault                                                                                      586
Joe Cirella                                                                                           828
John Tanner                                                                                           21
John Vanbiesbrouck                                                                                    882
Kerry Huffman                                                                                         401
Kevin Hatcher                                                                                         1157
Kimbi Daniels                                                                                         27
Kirk Muller                                                                                           1349
Kyle McLaren                                                                                          719
Luke Richardson                                                                                       1417
Marc Habscheid                                                                                        345
Mark Freer                                                                                            124
Mark Messier                                                                                          1756
Mark Morrison                                                                                         10
Mark Paterson                                                                                         29
Martin Biron                                                                                          508
Martin Gelinas                                                                                        1273
Martin Lapointe                                                                                       991
Mathieu Schneider                                                                                     1289
Michal Grosek                                                                                         526
Michel Petit                                                                                          827
Mickey Volcan                                                                                         162
Mike Modano                                                                                           1499
Mike Moller                                                                                           134
Mike Siltala                                                                                          7
Murray Craven                                                                                         1071
Normand Leveille                                                                                      75
Oleg Tverdovsky                                                                                       713
Owen Nolan                                                                                            1200
Pat LaFontaine                                                                                        865
Pat Verbeek                                                                                           1424
Patrick Poulin                                                                                        634
Paul Boutilier                                                                                        288
Paul Gagne                                                                                            390
Paul Lawless                                                                                          239
Paul MacDermid                                                                                        690
Petr Svoboda                                                                                          1028
Phil Housley                                                                                          1495
Pierre Turgeon                                                                                        1294
Radek Bonk                                                                                            969
Radek Dvorak                                                                                          1260
Radek Hamr                                                                                            11
Randy Moller                                                                                          815
Rich Chernomaz                                                                                        51
Richard Park                                                                                          738
Rob Cimetta                                                                                           103
Rob Murphy                                                                                            125
Rod Brind'Amour                                                                                       1484
Roman Hamrlik                                                                                         1395
Ron Francis                                                                                           1731
Ron Loustel                                                                                           1
Ron Meighan                                                                                           48
Russ Courtnall                                                                                        1029
Ryan Smyth                                                                                            1270
Ryan Stewart                                                                                          3
Scott Niedermayer                                                                                     1263
Scott Stevens                                                                                         1635
Sergei Krivokrasov                                                                                    450
Sergio Momesso                                                                                        710
Shawn Anderson                                                                                        255
Shawn Burr                                                                                            878
Stephane Richer                                                                                       1054
Steve Smith                                                                                           18
Steve Yzerman                                                                                         1514
Sylvain Cote                                                                                          1171
Sylvain Turgeon                                                                                       669
Todd Charlesworth                                                                                     93
Todd Strueby                                                                                          5
Tom Barrasso                                                                                          777
Tony Curtale                                                                                          2
Tony Tanti                                                                                            697
Trevor Linden                                                                                         1382
Vlastimil Kroupa                                                                                      105
Wayne Gretzky                                                                                         1487
Wayne McBean                                                                                          211
Wayne Primeau                                                                                         774
Yvon Corriveau                                                                                        280

(147 row(s) affected)

Also:
"The information used herein was obtained free of charge from and is
copyrighted by the Hockey Databank project. For more information about the
Hockey Databank project please visit
http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/hockey-databank"
Last edited by BigAl on Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thora Birch.

BigAl

Postby BigAl » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:36 pm

Same query except for defensemen only.

Age at          Average
first           career
NHL start       games
18              609
19              582
20              415
21              372
22              319
23              220
24              195
25              226
26              220
27              66
28              134
29              36
Thora Birch.

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:52 pm

wonko80 wrote:
ToddM wrote:Yeah, it's unfair to grade Dallas d-men on that curve because they just weren't getting any playing time under Ruff.

I'm admittedly an advanced stats noob, but aren't Nemeth's Corsi numbers terrible this year?

He does, but that's normal for a defensive specialist (he starts 2 of 3 shifts in his own zone, against top lines). And he's still managed 11 points in 30 games, which is nothing to sneeze at for a guy who gets zero offensive opportunities (it's two more points than Johns in 14 fewer games, for example).

Would he have put up those kind of numbers in Dallas? We'll never know, because Nill and Ruff thought Kris Russell and Hamhuis and Jordie and Jokki and Oduya were better options.

BigAl

Postby BigAl » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:51 am

Do you like to party? I like to party.
Let's have a statistics party.

Between 1970 and 2010.
Defensemen with at least 600 career NHL games and who scored at least 15 points in a season, here is a list of the years they scored their career high points and their age at that time.

The average age at which they reached their career high is: 26

So this is why I don't get terribly upset when we give up on "prospects" when they're 25 years old. They're already close their peak.

Player_Name               Year   Age         Max_Points
------------------------- ------ ----------- -----------
Tommy Albelin             1988   24          31
Bryan Allen               2006   26          25
Adrian Aucoin             2003   30          44
Don Awrey                 1970   27          25
Dave Babych               1982   21          74
Keith Ballard             2005   23          39
Murray Baron              1990   23          16
Fred Barrett              1979   29          22
Bob Baun                  1970   34          18
Francois Beauchemin       2005   25          34
Barry Beck                1977   20          60
Jim Benning               1983   20          51
Bryan Berard              1996   19          48
Aki Berg                  1999   22          16
Marc Bergevin             1991   26          24
Gary Bergman              1975   37          38
Jeff Beukeboom            1987   22          25
Kevin Bieksa              2008   27          43
Tom Bladon                1976   24          53
Rob Blake                 1993   24          68
Doug Bodger               1992   26          54
Philippe Boucher          2006   33          51
Bob Boughner              2002   31          17
Francis Bouillon          2005   30          22
Raymond Bourque           1983   23          96
Jay Bouwmeester           2005   22          46
Dan Boyle                 2006   30          63
Nick Boynton              2003   24          30
Carl Brewer               1971   33          18
Eric Brewer               2002   23          29
Eric Brewer               2006   27          29
Patrice Brisebois         2005   34          38
Arnie Brown               1971   29          25
Jeff Brown                1992   26          78
Keith Brown               1980   20          43
Brent Burns               2007   22          43
Dave Burrows              1975   26          29
Adam Burt                 1991   22          24
Garth Butcher             1987   24          23
Dustin Byfuglien          2007   22          36
Brian Campbell            2008   29          52
Colin Campbell            1978   25          20
Terry Carkner             1988   22          43
Matt Carle                2006   22          42
Randy Carlyle             1980   24          83
Keith Carney              1999   29          24
Shawn Chambers            1992   26          39
Zdeno Chara               2007   30          51
Chris Chelios             1988   26          73
Chris Chelios             1992   30          73
Steve Chiasson            1992   25          62
Joe Cirella               1983   20          44
Brett Clark               2006   30          39
Braydon Coburn            2007   22          36
Paul Coffey               1985   24          138
Joe Corvo                 2005   28          40
Sylvain Cote              1993   27          51
Cory Cross                2003   32          21
Doug Crossman             1989   29          59
Jassen Cullimore          1998   26          17
J.J. Daigneault           1985   20          28
Trevor Daley              2008   25          25
Ken Daneyko               1989   25          21
Eric Desjardins           1999   30          55
Greg de Vries             2005   32          35
Gerald Diduck             1988   23          32
Gary Doak                 1977   31          17
Gary Doak                 1978   32          17
Bobby Dollas              1995   30          30
Drew Doughty              2009   20          59
Bruce Driver              1987   25          55
Steve Duchesne            1992   27          82
Andre Dupont              1975   26          36
Karl Dykhuis              1995   23          20
Mark Eaton                2009   32          16
Alexander Edler           2009   23          42
Christian Ehrhoff         2009   27          44
Dave Ellett               1987   23          58
Brian Engblom             1981   26          33
Tobias Enstrom            2009   25          50
Andrew Ference            2005   26          31
Steven Finn               1990   24          19
Lee Fogolin               1980   25          30
Adam Foote                2002   31          31
Garry Galley              1993   30          70
Barry Gibbs               1973   25          38
Tom Gilbert               2008   25          45
Curt Giles                1984   26          30
Hal Gill                  2001   26          22
Todd Gill                 1992   27          43
Dan Girardi               2007   23          28
Tim Gleason               2005   22          21
Sergei Gonchar            2002   28          67
Sergei Gonchar            2006   32          67
Josh Gorges               2008   24          23
Andy Greene               2009   27          37
Mike Green                2009   24          76
Rick Green                1978   22          41
Ted Green                 1970   30          42
Ron Greschner             1977   23          72
Alexei Gusarov            1992   28          30
Ron Hainsey               2008   27          39
Bill Hajt                 1974   23          29
Kevin Haller              1992   22          25
Doug Halward              1979   24          56
Jean Hamel                1974   22          24
Dan Hamhuis               2005   23          38
Roman Hamrlik             1995   21          65
Scott Hannan              2005   26          24
Scott Hannan              2006   27          24
Mark Hardy                1984   25          53
Terry Harper              1975   35          33
Ted Harris                1972   36          30
Gerry Hart                1979   31          26
Derian Hatcher            1993   21          31
Derian Hatcher            1995   23          31
Derian Hatcher            1997   25          31
Kevin Hatcher             1992   26          79
Niclas Havelid            2002   29          33
Bret Hedican              1995   25          29
Jan Hejda                 2008   30          21
Larry Hillman             1972   35          29
Sean Hill                 1999   29          44
Tim Horton                1970   40          20
Bill Houlder              1993   26          39
Phil Housley              1992   28          97
Harry Howell              1971   39          18
Mark Howe                 1985   30          82
Willie Huber              1980   22          49
Charlie Huddy             1982   23          57
Cale Hulse                1997   24          27
Al Iafrate                1992   26          66
Barret Jackman            2006   25          27
Doug Jarrett              1971   27          29
Calle Johansson           1991   24          56
Jack Johnson              2009   22          36
Jim Johnson               1986   24          30
Kim Johnsson              2003   27          42
Kenny Jonsson             1997   23          40
Ed Jovanovski             2007   31          51
Tomas Kaberle             2005   27          67
Darius Kasparaitis        1992   20          21
Dennis Kearns             1976   31          60
Duncan Keith              2009   26          69
Dean Kennedy              1986   23          20
Ken Klee                  2003   32          29
Jon Klemm                 1996   26          24
Rostislav Klesla          2006   24          22
Steve Konroyd             1985   24          27
Jerry Korab               1974   26          56
Igor Kravchuk             1993   27          50
Niklas Kronwall           2008   27          51
Uwe Krupp                 1990   25          44
Filip Kuba                2008   32          40
Pavel Kubina              2007   30          40
Pavel Kubina              2008   31          40
Tom Kurvers               1988   26          66
Scott Lachance            1992   20          24
Randy Ladouceur           1984   24          30
Tom Laidlaw               1980   22          29
Mike Lalor                1989   26          16
Rod Langway               1980   23          45
Jacques Laperriere        1971   30          28
Guy Lapointe              1976   28          76
Rick Lapointe             1975   20          33
Rick Lapointe             1980   25          33
Reed Larson               1982   26          74
Grant Ledyard             1993   32          46
Brian Leetch              1991   23          102
Sylvain Lefebvre          1990   23          23
Jordan Leopold            2003   23          33
Curtis Leschyshyn         1992   23          32
Dave Lewis                1976   23          28
Doug Lidster              1986   26          63
Nicklas Lidstrom          2005   35          80
John-Michael Liles        2005   25          49
Kevin Lowe                1983   24          46
Craig Ludwig              1982   21          25
Craig Ludwig              1983   22          25
Brad Lukowich             2003   27          19
Jyrki Lumme               1993   27          55
Toni Lydman               2001   24          28
Al MacInnis               1990   27          103
Jamie Macoun              1986   25          40
Vladimir Malakhov         1993   25          57
Marek Malik               2001   26          23
Dave Maloney              1982   26          50
Dave Manson               1988   21          54
Moe Mantha                1985   24          67
Paul Mara                 2005   26          47
Bryan Marchment           2001   32          22
Andrei Markov             2008   30          64
Mario Marois              1987   30          51
Gilles Marotte            1972   27          45
Bert Marshall             1974   31          30
Brad Marsh                1981   23          24
Paul Martin               2005   24          37
Richard Matvichuk         1999   26          25
Brad Maxwell              1983   26          73
Bryan McCabe              2005   30          68
Brad McCrimmon            1985   26          56
Mike McEwen               1978   22          58
Dan McGillis              2000   28          49
Jay McKee                 1999   22          17
Jim McKenny               1972   26          52
Kyle McLaren              1997   20          25
Marty McSorley            1992   29          41
Andrej Meszaros           2005   20          39
Zbynek Michalek           2006   24          28
Mike Milbury              1977   25          38
Aaron Miller              1998   27          18
Boris Mironov             1997   25          46
Willie Mitchell           2008   31          23
Jaroslav Modry            2001   30          42
Doug Mohns                1971   38          36
Randy Moller              1984   21          29
Randy Moller              1988   25          29
Derek Morris              2002   24          48
Craig Muni                1986   24          29
Bob Murdoch               1974   28          42
Gord Murphy               1993   26          43
Larry Murphy              1992   31          85
Bob Murray                1980   26          60
Dana Murzyn               1986   20          28
Frantisek Musil           1990   26          21
Lou Nanne                 1971   30          49
Jim Neilson               1971   31          37
Scott Niedermayer         2006   33          69
Janne Niinimaa            2000   25          46
Matt Niskanen             2008   22          35
Mattias Norstrom          2005   33          27
Jeff Norton               1989   24          53
Teppo Numminen            1995   27          54
Gary Nylund               1986   23          27
Mike O'Connell            1983   28          60
Lyle Odelein              1993   25          40
Sean O'Donnell            2001   30          25
Johnny Oduya              2008   27          29
Mattias Ohlund            2001   25          36
Fredrik Olausson          1988   22          62
Fredrik Olausson          1991   25          62
Brooks Orpik              2009   29          25
Bobby Orr                 1970   22          139
Sandis Ozolinsh           1996   24          68
Brad Park                 1973   25          82
James Patrick             1991   28          71
Stefan Persson            1978   24          66
Michel Petit              1989   25          36
Dion Phaneuf              2007   22          60
Chris Phillips            2006   28          26
Robert Picard             1978   21          65
Barclay Plager            1972   31          33
Bob Plager                1972   29          33
Larry Playfair            1982   24          17
Larry Playfair            1984   26          17
Tom Poti                  2002   25          48
Denis Potvin              1978   25          101
Jean Potvin               1975   26          72
Pat Price                 1981   26          38
Chris Pronger             1999   25          62
Joel Quenneville          1980   22          34
Pat Quinn                 1973   30          32
Stephane Quintal          1998   30          27
Brian Rafalski            2008   35          59
Marcus Ragnarsson         1995   24          39
Rob Ramage                1985   26          66
Mike Ramsey               1986   26          39
Mike Rathje               2002   28          29
Wade Redden               2005   28          50
Dick Redmond              1973   24          59
Joe Reekie                1990   25          19
Robyn Regehr              2005   25          26
Tom Reid                  1973   27          23
Paul Reinhart             1982   22          75
Luke Richardson           1991   22          21
Craig Rivet               2007   33          35
Gordie Roberts            1983   26          53
Jimmy Roberts             1972   32          32
Stephane Robidas          2009   32          41
Larry Robinson            1976   25          85
Bob Rouse                 1991   27          22
Michal Rozsival           2006   28          40
Phil Russell              1976   24          45
Ruslan Salei              2006   32          32
Borje Salming             1976   25          78
Sami Salo                 2006   32          37
Bryce Salvador            2008   32          16
Kjell Samuelsson          1987   29          30
Ulf Samuelsson            1987   23          41
Cory Sarich               2008   30          20
Serge Savard              1974   28          60
Mathieu Schneider         2005   36          59
Jim Schoenfeld            1979   27          36
Nick Schultz              2009   27          20
Rob Scuderi               2008   30          16
Brent Seabrook            2005   20          32
Brent Seabrook            2007   22          32
Dennis Seidenberg         2008   27          30
Rod Seiling               1972   28          42
David Shaw                1987   23          32
Martin Skoula             2001   22          31
Karlis Skrastins          2008   34          18
Jiri Slegr                1993   22          38
Richard Smehlik           1993   23          41
Dallas Smith              1970   29          45
Greg Smith                1977   22          37
Jason Smith               2000   27          20
Rick Smith                1977   29          36
Steve Smith               1992   29          57
Harold Snepsts            1978   24          31
Brent Sopel               2003   26          42
Sheldon Souray            2006   30          64
Jaroslav Spacek           2002   28          45
Jaroslav Spacek           2008   34          45
Marc Staal                2009   22          27
Ron Stackhouse            1975   26          71
Steve Staios              2003   30          28
Steve Staios              2005   32          28
Pat Stapleton             1970   30          51
Scott Stevens             1993   29          78
Mark Streit               2007   30          62
Brad Stuart               2003   24          39
Mark Stuart               2008   24          17
Gary Suter                1987   23          91
Ryan Suter                2008   23          45
Andy Sutton               2005   30          25
Robert Svehla             1995   26          57
Petr Svoboda              1988   22          45
Don Sweeney               1992   26          34
Darryl Sydor              1996   24          48
Darryl Sydor              1998   26          48
Henrik Tallinder          2005   26          21
Dale Tallon               1975   25          62
Chris Tamer               2000   30          17
Chris Therien             1996   25          24
Kimmo Timonen             2006   31          55
Mark Tinordi              1992   26          42
J.C. Tremblay             1970   31          63
Ian Turnbull              1976   23          79
Oleg Tverdovsky           1996   20          55
Fedor Tyutin              2008   25          34
Igor Ulanov               2000   31          23
Carol Vadnais             1974   29          74
Ed Van Impe               1973   33          18
Ed Van Impe               1974   34          18
Lubomir Visnovsky         2005   29          67
Marc-Edouard Vlasic       2008   21          36
Anton Volchenkov          2006   24          19
Aaron Ward                2005   32          25
Rhett Warrener            2000   24          19
Bryan Watson              1971   29          20
Jimmy Watson              1975   23          36
Joe Watson                1976   33          30
Tim Watters               1981   22          24
Shea Weber                2008   23          53
Eric Weinrich             1990   24          38
Jay Wells                 1985   26          42
Glen Wesley               1993   25          58
Bill White                1972   33          47
Colin White               2000   23          20
Dennis Wideman            2008   25          50
Behn Wilson               1980   22          63
Doug Wilson               1981   24          85
Craig Wolanin             1987   20          31
Jason Woolley             1998   29          43
Keith Yandle              2009   23          41
Jason York                1998   28          35
Dmitry Yushkevich         1992   21          32
Zarley Zalapski           1992   24          65
Alexei Zhitnik            1993   21          52
Marek Zidlicky            2003   26          53
Rick Zombo                1989   26          25
Sergei Zubov              1993   23          89

Thora Birch.

wonko80

Postby wonko80 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:58 pm

Exactly the point of his article.

Is the same true of forwards ? Or do they peak even earlier?

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:02 pm

wonko80 wrote:Exactly the point of his article.

Is the same true of forwards ? Or do they peak even earlier?

I thought they peaked around 23.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:10 pm

I think it depends what you’re looking for. Goal scorers peak sooner than the point total guys, if I recall right.