2018 NHL Entry Draft

Troy McClure

Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft

Postby Troy McClure » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:25 am

BigAl wrote:No, that’s the O face guy from Office Space.

Knives just can't get D2 out of his head.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

Jason

Postby Jason » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:21 pm

Link
Before the NHL draft resumed on Saturday at the American Airlines Center, representatives with two teams complimented Stars amateur scouting director Joe McDonnell. Each person told McDonnell that his club tried its hardest on Friday night to move up and pick off center Ty Dellandrea. They failed, and Dellandrea went to the Stars with the 13th choice overall. The mock-drafters disliked the choice. McDonnell's peers liked it, which meant more to him and the Stars.

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:46 pm

Apparently Dellandrea had Celiac's disease, undiagnosed, for the first half of the season where he scored just 6 times in 20 games. Then the doctors discovered it and put him on a gluten-free diet, and he exploded for 21 more goals in 47 games after that, plus his dominant showing at the tournament.

So if you just count his post-gluten stats, he's roughly 33% better than Veleno, and more than twice as effective as Brady Tkachuk.

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:48 pm

Maybe we need to get a dietician for Val, too.
Image Cody Monette likes this.

Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

Jason

Postby Jason » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:25 pm

ScubaSteve wrote:Maybe we need to get a dietician for Val, too.

Just give him Gurianov's shooting ability.

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:49 pm

Jason wrote:Link
Before the NHL draft resumed on Saturday at the American Airlines Center, representatives with two teams complimented Stars amateur scouting director Joe McDonnell. Each person told McDonnell that his club tried its hardest on Friday night to move up and pick off center Ty Dellandrea. They failed, and Dellandrea went to the Stars with the 13th choice overall. The mock-drafters disliked the choice. McDonnell's peers liked it, which meant more to him and the Stars.

Great. McDonnell to keep S'ing his own D for years to come even though his picks never pan out.
That Hanzal's so hurt right now.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:00 am

Knives Out wrote:
Jason wrote:Link

Great. McDonnell to keep S'ing his own D for years to come even though his picks never pan out.

My guess is the compliments came from the Blues and Hawks. You know, to encourage their division rival to keep their terrible draft room intact.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:32 am