2017 NHL Playoffs

User avatar
B Kat
Posts: 14507
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:36 pm

Re: 2017 NHL Playoffs

Postby B Kat » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:55 am

Surprised no Jordie hate after last night's OT goal against. Even though the puck did take a funny bounce.

It will be too bad one of these outstanding goalies has to lose this series. It's been fantastic.

Also, sheesh Chicago!

User avatar
cdanew
Posts: 4244
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:43 pm

Re: 2017 NHL Playoffs

Postby cdanew » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:29 am

I'm enjoying the Washington/Toronto and NYR/Montreal series. Close, tough and entertaining games.

User avatar
ScubaSteve
Posts: 36914
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:12 pm

Re: 2017 NHL Playoffs

Postby ScubaSteve » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:36 am

Sharks choking last night is a perfect excuse to bust out the Thornton PTSD gif.

Image Cody Monette likes this.

Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

User avatar
Troy McClure
Posts: 43677
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:37 pm
Location: not Cleveland
Contact:

Re: 2017 NHL Playoffs

Postby Troy McClure » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:46 am

So mean. So so mean. Christ, that's funny.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

User avatar
Knives Out
Posts: 18239
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:43 pm
Location: TO via MTL

Re: 2017 NHL Playoffs

Postby Knives Out » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:21 pm

B Kat wrote:Surprised no Jordie hate after last night's OT goal against.

At this point it's redundant to scoreboard a 3rd pairing d-man on a team not built to go deep,
although Habs fans did act like they had acquired Lidstrom at the deadline ...
That Hanzal's so hurt right now.

User avatar
Troy McClure
Posts: 43677
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:37 pm
Location: not Cleveland
Contact:

Re: 2017 NHL Playoffs

Postby Troy McClure » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:55 pm

Ovechkin might be done for the playoffs. Kadri went for a hip check, and ended up making full contact with Ovechkin's thigh. At best, it's a hyper extended knee.

Kadri only getting a minor penalty didn't go over well.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

User avatar
ScubaSteve
Posts: 36914
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:12 pm

Re: 2017 NHL Playoffs

Postby ScubaSteve » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:50 pm

Troy McClure wrote:Ovechkin might be done for the playoffs. Kadri went for a hip check, and ended up making full contact with Ovechkin's thigh. At best, it's a hyper extended knee.

Kadri only getting a minor penalty didn't go over well.


I flipped over just in time to see Ovechkin's first shift back on the ice where he took a run at Kadri and got called for a penalty, but they sent Niskanen to the box instead.
Image Cody Monette likes this.

Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

User avatar
Troy McClure
Posts: 43677
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:37 pm
Location: not Cleveland
Contact:

Re: 2017 NHL Playoffs

Postby Troy McClure » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:53 pm

Did you enjoy Kadri's dive?

Nevermind. I didn't see the second slash on Kadri.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

User avatar
ScubaSteve
Posts: 36914
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:12 pm

Re: 2017 NHL Playoffs

Postby ScubaSteve » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:00 pm

Bruins just got fucked. That was a good goal.
Image Cody Monette likes this.

Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

User avatar
ScubaSteve
Posts: 36914
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:12 pm

Re: 2017 NHL Playoffs

Postby ScubaSteve » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:03 pm

And then 20 seconds later the Ottawa defenseman covers the puck in the crease.
Image Cody Monette likes this.

Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

Jason
Posts: 10691
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:09 am

Re: 2017 NHL Playoffs

Postby Jason » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:59 pm


User avatar
atticus ross
Posts: 3142
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:41 pm
Location: 127.0.0.1

Re: 2017 NHL Playoffs

Postby atticus ross » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:39 pm

Any updates on Eric Staal? He took a pretty nasty header into the endboards and didn't look right as they were helping him off the ice. Surprised he wasn't placed on a stretcher either.

User avatar
Knives Out
Posts: 18239
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:43 pm
Location: TO via MTL

Re: 2017 NHL Playoffs

Postby Knives Out » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:58 pm

Knives Out wrote:
B Kat wrote:Surprised no Jordie hate after last night's OT goal against.

At this point it's redundant to scoreboard a 3rd pairing d-man on a team not built to go deep,
although Habs fans did act like they had acquired Lidstrom at the deadline ...

I take it back. He was BRUTAL on the Rangers' game winner.
Buh bye, Habs. 24 cups, 24 years without a cup.
That Hanzal's so hurt right now.

Jason
Posts: 10691
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:09 am

Re: 2017 NHL Playoffs

Postby Jason » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:39 pm

atticus ross wrote:Any updates on Eric Staal? He took a pretty nasty header into the endboards and didn't look right as they were helping him off the ice. Surprised he wasn't placed on a stretcher either.


Probably will be more info tomorrow.

User avatar
Eskimo Spy
Site Admin
Posts: 15376
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:02 pm

Re: 2017 NHL Playoffs

Postby Eskimo Spy » Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:27 am

HAHA, suck it Sharks.
May God protect you from his followers.

User avatar
B Kat
Posts: 14507
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:36 pm

Re: 2017 NHL Playoffs

Postby B Kat » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:23 am

And yay Oilers, get shellacked 7-0 and still on the right side of the hand shake.

User avatar
B Kat
Posts: 14507
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:36 pm

Re: 2017 NHL Playoffs

Postby B Kat » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:01 am

Knives Out wrote:
Knives Out wrote:
B Kat wrote:Surprised no Jordie hate after last night's OT goal against.

At this point it's redundant to scoreboard a 3rd pairing d-man on a team not built to go deep,
although Habs fans did act like they had acquired Lidstrom at the deadline ...

I take it back. He was BRUTAL on the Rangers' game winner.
Buh bye, Habs. 24 cups, 24 years without a cup.

Poor Jordie, definitely on the wrong side of the puck. Price wass great too, but Lundqvist deserved to win. It's a shame we don't get a game 7 in Montreal though.

User avatar
ToddM
Posts: 14836
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:23 pm
Contact:

Re: 2017 NHL Playoffs

Postby ToddM » Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:40 am


User avatar
Knives Out
Posts: 18239
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:43 pm
Location: TO via MTL

Re: 2017 NHL Playoffs

Postby Knives Out » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:26 pm

B Kat wrote:
Knives Out wrote:
Knives Out wrote:
B Kat wrote:Surprised no Jordie hate after last night's OT goal against.

At this point it's redundant to scoreboard a 3rd pairing d-man on a team not built to go deep,
although Habs fans did act like they had acquired Lidstrom at the deadline ...

I take it back. He was BRUTAL on the Rangers' game winner.
Buh bye, Habs. 24 cups, 24 years without a cup.

Poor Jordie, definitely on the wrong side of the puck. Price wass great too, but Lundqvist deserved to win. It's a shame we don't get a game 7 in Montreal though.

LOL no it isn't.
That Hanzal's so hurt right now.

User avatar
Troy McClure
Posts: 43677
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:37 pm
Location: not Cleveland
Contact:

Re: 2017 NHL Playoffs

Postby Troy McClure » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:16 am

This is funny.

I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

User avatar
B Kat
Posts: 14507
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:36 pm

Re: 2017 NHL Playoffs

Postby B Kat » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:16 am

Will miss the TO/WAS series. When Matthews scored that fortunate, beautiful goal in the third and the crowd went wild, TO hockey probably felt like it hadn't felt in a long, long time. Maybe next year.

User avatar
wonko80
Posts: 14470
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:03 pm
Location: Frisco

Re: 2017 NHL Playoffs

Postby wonko80 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:14 pm

Toronto is a little ahead of schedule anyway to even have made the playoffs.

User avatar
ToddM
Posts: 14836
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:23 pm
Contact:

Re: 2017 NHL Playoffs

Postby ToddM » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:49 pm

They, they were in serious tank mode just two years ago.

Keefe has done an amazing job in the AHL of getting Toronto's rookies ready for the NHL. He's probably the best hockey coach not currently in the NHL.

User avatar
ScubaSteve
Posts: 36914
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:12 pm

Re: 2017 NHL Playoffs

Postby ScubaSteve » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:56 pm

And Babcock is the best coach currently in the NHL. Not a bad combo.
Image Cody Monette likes this.

Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

User avatar
ScubaSteve
Posts: 36914
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:12 pm

Re: 2017 NHL Playoffs

Postby ScubaSteve » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:06 pm

Image
Image Cody Monette likes this.

Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

User avatar
wonko80
Posts: 14470
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:03 pm
Location: Frisco

Re: 2017 NHL Playoffs

Postby wonko80 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:36 pm

Blolz

Jason
Posts: 10691
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:09 am

Re: 2017 NHL Playoffs

Postby Jason » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:10 pm

4 more Ducks wins the Stars get the Ducks first rounder.
Image

User avatar
B Kat
Posts: 14507
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:36 pm

Re: 2017 NHL Playoffs

Postby B Kat » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:20 pm

I don't know, I like Edmonton a lot.

User avatar
#JTONTFJTGM
Posts: 1997
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:31 am

Re: 2017 NHL Playoffs

Postby #JTONTFJTGM » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:52 pm

ScubaSteve wrote:Sharks choking last night is a perfect excuse to bust out the Thornton PTSD gif.

He played the last four games of the series, averaged 18:50 of ice time per game and had an assist in the Sharks' Game 4 win and in their Game 5 overtime loss:

User avatar
Troy McClure
Posts: 43677
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:37 pm
Location: not Cleveland
Contact:

Re: 2017 NHL Playoffs

Postby Troy McClure » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:09 pm

Very dirty hit on Fiala. We might be looking at a broken femur.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests