Expansion Draft

B Kat

Re: Expansion Draft

Postby B Kat » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:05 am

Tough choice either way.

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:34 am

I would prefer to keep Johns over Eakin or Roussel, but so far Johns hasn't exactly proven himself to be any more important to this operation than Ivan Vishnevskiy.
Image Cody Monette likes this.

Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:03 am

Vishnevskiy got us stuck with Kari. *f-bomb* that guy.
~Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.

Leonardo da Vinci

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:33 am

SaintAngerBH wrote:Vishnevskiy got us stuck with Kari. *f-bomb* that guy.

Kari's greatest crime to the franchise was being good enough during those ugly seasons to keep the Stars from ever getting the top three draft pick(s) they should have received for icing an AHL team.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

B Kat

Postby B Kat » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:50 am

ScubaSteve wrote:I would prefer to keep Johns over Eakin or Roussel, but so far Johns hasn't exactly proven himself to be any more important to this operation than Ivan Vishnevskiy.

Johns has shown what he is capable of, at times. He is a big body, first off, but he also skates well and gets the puck up and out. He is skilled. He also has broken down, been out of place and made mistakes. Hopefully he can be improved. We can't have all gazelles on D, we need a bull to stand up to the bigger forwards. He's been way better than Oleksiak or Nemeth. Is he potential trade bait? Yes for a quality return, but I'd like to see how he pans out.

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:50 am

B Kat wrote:Tough choice either way.

Meh. It's not like Vegas is salivating to nab the worst team's goalies.
Being left unprotected does not mean automatic selection. I bet neither of them go anywhere.

ScubaSteve wrote:Cody is the Glass Fatso we need. Kari is the Glass Fatso we deserve.

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:57 pm

B Kat wrote:
ScubaSteve wrote:I would prefer to keep Johns over Eakin or Roussel, but so far Johns hasn't exactly proven himself to be any more important to this operation than Ivan Vishnevskiy.

Johns has shown what he is capable of, at times. He is a big body, first off, but he also skates well and gets the puck up and out. He is skilled. He also has broken down, been out of place and made mistakes. Hopefully he can be improved. We can't have all gazelles on D, we need a bull to stand up to the bigger forwards. He's been way better than Oleksiak or Nemeth. Is he potential trade bait? Yes for a quality return, but I'd like to see how he pans out.

Johns was our best PKer, too. I'd protect him and expose Oleksiak (if Vegas was choosing between him and Hamhuis, they'd pick Hamhuis).

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:02 pm

Hamhuis is the only defenseman we have whose balls have dropped. Probably need to keep him around, even if he was a little underwhelming this year. For what it's worth, I thought he was much better in the second half of the season.
Image Cody Monette likes this.

Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

B Kat

Postby B Kat » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:26 pm

I believe Oleksiak will be exposed. It's one left to protect of Roussel, Johns, Eakin, or Hamhuis. Oleksiak and Nemeth are both rfas and will be exposed. I think.

Edit. Two to protect.

#JTONTFJTGM

Postby #JTONTFJTGM » Tue May 02, 2017 11:42 pm

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Wed May 03, 2017 1:59 am

Who the *f-bomb* was Craig Cunningham?

ScubaSteve wrote:Cody is the Glass Fatso we need. Kari is the Glass Fatso we deserve.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Wed May 03, 2017 6:29 am

Holy *poo poo*. I didn't realize that Pronger is technically still an active player. Wow.
~Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.

Leonardo da Vinci