Knives Out

Re: Central Division Talk

Postby Knives Out » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:47 pm

Laine whips sack.
That Hanzal's so hurt right now.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:34 pm

The Blues are heading to OT. With that point, they pass the Stars in the standings and still have a game in hand.

Edit: The Blues won 30 seconds into OT. They’re now a point ahead of the Stars.

Last season, the Stars finished 6th in the division. Right now, the Stars are 6th in the division.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

Jason

Postby Jason » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:59 pm

Jason

Postby Jason » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:58 pm

#JTONTFJTGM

Postby #JTONTFJTGM » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:48 pm

Last Wednesday night after Duncan Keith scored the game-winning goal in St. Louis with 8.5 seconds remaining:

New TSF emoji?

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:06 pm

#JTONTFJTGM wrote:Image
Last Wednesday night after Duncan Keith scored the game-winning goal in St. Louis with 8.5 seconds remaining:

New TSF emoji?

:huck:
Image Cody Monette likes this.

Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

B Kat

Postby B Kat » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:55 am

That game was pretty awesome.

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:55 am

I liked how happy the Avs players were when the ENG was scored.

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:06 am

Tarasenko out 6 months with a dislocated shoulder. No wonder he sucked.

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:12 am

ToddM wrote:Tarasenko out 6 months with a dislocated shoulder. No wonder he sucked.

Looks like we dodged a bullet by drafting Jack Campbell instead of him.

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:24 pm

He dislocated it in the first period of the last game of the season.

Jason

Postby Jason » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:04 pm

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:15 pm

As long as Boudreau is the coach of that team, they will never get beyond the second round.
~Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.

Leonardo da Vinci

Jason

Postby Jason » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:45 pm

SaintAngerBH wrote:As long as Boudreau is the coach of that team, they will never get beyond the second round.

Boudreau isn't the issue. The Wild's issue is the same year in year out, they can't score in the playoffs. Yet, they don't make changes to the roster, just a couple tweaks or give up a good amount at the deadline for someone who doesn't move the needle.
Wild are better off taking a step back and making significant changes, rather then keeping on the same path good enough to make the playoffs.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:55 pm

Boudreau failed in the playoffs in Washington and Anaheim too and that was with Ovechkin, Getzlaf and Perry. He is at least a good chunk of the problem.
~Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.

Leonardo da Vinci

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:56 pm

SaintAngerBH wrote:As long as Boudreau is the coach of that team, they will never get beyond the second round.

What is a playoff?
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

Jason

Postby Jason » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:01 pm

SaintAngerBH wrote:Boudreau failed in the playoffs in Washington and Anaheim too and that was with Ovechkin, Getzlaf and Perry. He is at least a good chunk of the problem.

So by failing as a coach means not winning it all?
All coaches have failed with the Capitals in the playoffs
Only one season has a coach succeeded with the Ducks in the playoffs. When they were gifted Pronger, Niedermayer.
Which team has did better without Boudreau? Capitals are still the Blues of the East, a regular season team. Bourdeau had the Ducks 1 win away from the SCF's, Caryle was almost there last year and this year done in four.

Quenneville was labeled as a playoff choker too, then he had the right fit in Chicago to shed that label.

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:11 pm

You know who hasn't failed in the playoffs with the Capitals? Hitch.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:36 pm

Jason wrote:
SaintAngerBH wrote:Boudreau failed in the playoffs in Washington and Anaheim too and that was with Ovechkin, Getzlaf and Perry. He is at least a good chunk of the problem.

So by failing as a coach means not winning it all?
All coaches have failed with the Capitals in the playoffs
Only one season has a coach succeeded with the Ducks in the playoffs. When they were gifted Pronger, Niedermayer.
Which team has did better without Boudreau? Capitals are still the Blues of the East, a regular season team. Bourdeau had the Ducks 1 win away from the SCF's, Caryle was almost there last year and this year done in four.

Quenneville was labeled as a playoff choker too, then he had the right fit in Chicago to shed that label.

And all of that leads to Boudreau having no responsibility for his teams' defeats?

Leonardo da Vinci

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:56 pm

Boudreau has been a coach in the NHL for 11 seasons and has made it to the 3rd round exactly one time and got to the second round 3 times.

That isn't a good resume. Those are Dave Tippett numbers.

Leonardo da Vinci

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:25 pm

SaintAngerBH wrote:Boudreau has been a coach in the NHL for 11 seasons and has made it to the 3rd round exactly one time and got to the second round 3 times.

Do you know how many dicks I'd suck to see the Stars improve to that level of success?

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:32 pm

Yeah...Dave Tippett is the best and most successful coach we’ve had here in the last two decades.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:40 pm

Troy McClure wrote:
SaintAngerBH wrote:Boudreau has been a coach in the NHL for 11 seasons and has made it to the 3rd round exactly one time and got to the second round 3 times.

Do you know how many dicks I'd suck to see the Stars improve to that level of success?

You do you man.....

:lol:

Leonardo da Vinci

Jason

Postby Jason » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:59 pm

SaintAngerBH wrote:And all of that leads to Boudreau having no responsibility for his teams' defeats?

It's not all the coaches fault. Those team's issues are far deeper then Boudreau. Ducks would still be better off had they kept Boudreau.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:02 pm

Jason wrote:
SaintAngerBH wrote:And all of that leads to Boudreau having no responsibility for his teams' defeats?

It's not all the coaches fault. Those team's issues are far deeper then Boudreau. Ducks would still be better off had they kept Boudreau.

I didn't say it was all the coach's fault. I agree. The Wild have deep systemic issues like the Stars.

Leonardo da Vinci

B Kat

Postby B Kat » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:08 am

ScubaSteve wrote:Yeah...Dave Tippett is the best and most successful coach we’ve had here in the last two decades.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:33 am

B Kat wrote:
ScubaSteve wrote:Yeah...Dave Tippett is the best and most successful coach we’ve had here in the last two decades.

That isn't saying much. He couldn't get what was arguably the most talented team we ever had past the second round in 2003. He also had reasonably talented teams in 04 and 06 and they were a disaster in the first round against Colorado.

Considering his track record with the Stars and Coyotes, I'm more inclined to see 08 and 2012 as flukes. Just like I am inclined to consider Boudreau's one run to the conference finals a fluke.

Sure, Tippett's record would be an upgrade over what we have had since he left. But, is it enough of an upgrade? I don't think so.

Leonardo da Vinci

B Kat

Postby B Kat » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:44 am

The quote was more of a joke, but come on dude, no coach is completely responsible for a “team” winning the Cup. It’s too easy to tear down every coach, but a good coach is one necessary ingredient to winning the Cup, not the sole reason. Any of these good coaches with the right mix of players, in good health have a chance.

mookie1010
Site Admin

Postby mookie1010 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:16 am

And he got canned after Hull handed him the shitstorm that Avery eventually created.
you don't realize that your pants are too long until you walk to get a taco in the rain.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:17 am

I didn't say the coach was completely responsible for his team winning the cup. I also didn't say he was completely responsible for his team losing.

But, I would not bet on a coach with the resume of Tippett or Boudreau to take my team to the next level.

Leonardo da Vinci