Ribeiro

Jason

Ribeiro

Postby Jason » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:04 pm

Talks about some of his problems.
Ribeiro article.
The routines that Ribeiro followed were not healthy ones.
Out for lunch, out for dinner, staying out at night.
Drinking, drugs, women.

Ribeiro is determined to stay clean and sober.

"I was doing things I shouldn't do," Ribeiro said. "It was time for me to clean up my system and find the right path."
This wasn't the first time he'd tried to come to grips with his behavior, his addictive lifestyle. But in the past he'd always tried to go the solo route to recovery. And for a few months, there might have been a change in behavior.

"But then you're back drinking or you're back smoking again," he said.

The NHL is a small town spread over 30 cities. The stories about Ribeiro, his lifestyle and his situation were well-known.

Two others.
Link
On his own, Ribeiro spiraled out of control. “I would come home and be alone in the house,” he said. “I started drinking during the day. I would smoke cigarettes. I would smoke other drugs. I had nothing else to do.”

Link
After a trade to Dallas after the 2006 season, it escalated. What was usually a social activity became something darker.
“Instead of one glass, I’d have three,” he said. “I did things I regret now. I was at the height of my career, but I was careless. I’d come home, I was a good father, I wasn’t the best husband, but I was living like a single guy.”

“I think that when I was really ready to get a divorce, I saw that he wasn’t ready to change his lifestyle,” Tamara told TVA Sports.

Jason

Re: Ribeiro

Postby Jason » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:34 pm

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:14 pm

Oh Ribs.
Image Cody Monette likes this.

Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:21 pm

So, he's a douche off the ice as well. Classy....
~Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.

Leonardo da Vinci

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:42 pm

My father's long time girlfriend taught him Adult Ed for one semester after he flunked out of high school.
My buddy Dave played hockey with him and said he was a real douchebag.
My friend Jenny saw him getting a blowjob near a dumpster behind an Olive et Gourmando and he waved her off. Wait maybe that was Maxim Lapierre?
ScubaSteve wrote:Cody is the Glass Fatso we need. Kari is the Glass Fatso we deserve.

cdanew

Postby cdanew » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:45 pm

Said it before, but having gotten to know the family a bit when our kids played hockey together, I feel really sorry for his kids. Just about every time his son touches the ice, he catches enormous levels of *poo poo*. This type of stuff certainly doesn't help.

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:47 pm

Oh come on, who HASN'T gotten a bj behind the Olive Garden dumpster?

Eskimo Spy
Site Admin

Postby Eskimo Spy » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:31 pm

Rebel?
May God protect you from his followers.

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:46 pm

Now that's a call back.

Oh and I messaged Jenny and the dumpster blowjob was totally Maxim Lapierre, but I'm still gonna tell people that it was Ribs until he keeps his promise to clean up his act.
ScubaSteve wrote:Cody is the Glass Fatso we need. Kari is the Glass Fatso we deserve.

Jason

Postby Jason » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:01 pm

Ribeiro relapses into alcoholism

Recall that Ribeiro went into the NHL/NHL Players’ Association substance abuse and behavioral health program at the end of the 2013-14 season with the Arizona Coyotes.

His agent, Bob Perno, tells Richard Labbé of La Presse that Ribeiro relapsed into alcoholism “before the holidays” this season.

Ribeiro is an unrestricted free agent after this season, having made $7 million over the last two seasons after GM David Poile basically looked the other way on his civil suit and called Ribeiro “a family man.”

“If this is where it ends, I think he can be proud of the career he’s had. He might be able to go play in Europe, but when it comes to the NHL, we have to be realistic. It’s going to be difficult,” said Perno.

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:43 pm

Ribs went from my least favourite player in the league to one of my all time favourite Stars.
It's been a weird relationship. Much like the one he shares with drugs and alcohol.
That totally explains the Preds sending him down mid season and no one is surprised.
Salut, Mikey.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:51 pm

When I saw this thread bumped, I expected a "found dead of an apparent overdose" story.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:11 pm

I was scared we had traded for him.
~Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.

Leonardo da Vinci

Jason

Postby Jason » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:08 pm

Ribeiro's agent on Ribeiro

"All I know is that Mike has not put in the skates once since the end of the season, he's not training and he's not on the ice anymore. He will retire, the agent said in a telephone interview with La Presse. There is not a single NHL team or even a European team that has called me to inquire about his services. The way his career is going to end is very disappointing.

"Nobody really knows what he's doing these days," added Perno. The problem is that Mike thinks he's not sick. In his head, everything is beautiful. He eventually left the rehab program offered by the NHL last winter. We are very worried, but we can't do anything. Every time my phone rings, I hope it's him. "

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:09 pm

No sympathy. He did this to himself.

Leonardo da Vinci

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:25 pm

:gulp

B Kat

Postby B Kat » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:36 pm

It is a shame, though. Creative talent, mentally weak. Such is life.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:13 pm

He was pretty fun to watch for a few years. But, his whiny attitude (along with that of basically the rest of the team minus Brichards) got on my last nerve.

Pretty much anyone associated with the bankruptcy era is someone I don't care much about.

Leonardo da Vinci

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:27 pm

It hurt me to read that.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:01 pm

Leonardo da Vinci

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:03 pm

Meh, that's the same website that published a lazy garbage think piece about how the NHL should pull the draft from Dallas now without waiting for the results of all that bathroom legislation nonsense. The org came out right away as against it, so what more do you want? It's not like people were carrying around our logo at white power rallies ...

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:34 pm

I always love to piss those bathroom people off with my anxiety disorder. I have shy bladder and hate anyone being in the restroom with me, regardless of their "plumbing."

I should claim discrimination and demand single, lockable restrooms in every building. lol

Leonardo da Vinci

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:01 am

Dallas Stars diapers for all attendees.