Loui/Smith/Fraser/Morrow to BOS for Seguin/Peverley/spare

ScubaSteve

Re: Loui/Smith/Fraser/Morrow to BOS for Seguin/Peverley/spar

Postby ScubaSteve » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:13 am

And he's Canadian. I'm sure Cherry was blasting the Nichushkin pick.
Image Cody Monette likes this.

Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

mookie1010
Site Admin

Postby mookie1010 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:54 am

Someone remind me why Seguin got in trouble for that offensive and insensitive word in his tweet please...

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/dc9/201 ... n_punk.php

In a cracked parking lot, sharing a mercantile space with Sprockets Bicycle Shop, sits Taqueria el Picante, home to one hell of a barbacoa taco and formerly the best DIY performance space in North Dallas. The Lego-yellow colored business' owner and operator, helped give local bands and their fans a venue to call home. But after property owners Uptown Knight LLC issued a cease and desist order to taqueria owner Sven Wilde, those days appear to be over.

"The idea was a safe place for queer bands and/or bands with people of color in them to play, something we thought Denton was lacking," Wilde says.

The idea first came about when Wilde met Allie Lowe of The Atomic Tanlines, who needed a consistent place for her and other bands she knew to play.

"I never saw many queers at the venues I'd been too," Wilde says. "I know there are queer people in Denton and if they're not at these other venues maybe they don't like the music. Or maybe they're just not comfortable at these places. It's not necessarily the venues fault. It could be the people going to the shows."

Wilde wanted to create a place where minorities and gays could feel comfortable in the venue's environment. He also wanted everyone to have a place to go *fargin'* nuts when moshing.
you don't realize that your pants are too long until you walk to get a taco in the rain.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:21 am

You know how you wouldn't repeat quotes from Django Unchained in certain company? It's kinda like that.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

mookie1010
Site Admin

Postby mookie1010 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:26 am

Haven't seen it.
you don't realize that your pants are too long until you walk to get a taco in the rain.

B Kat

Postby B Kat » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:16 am

"Keep Denton Queer"

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:24 am

It's not the first time the Boston media has ragged on the young guy heading out:

http://www.pegasusnews.com/news/2013/ju ... n-trading/

The Frugal Gourmet

Postby The Frugal Gourmet » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:59 am

That was pretty funny.

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:32 pm

The Frugal Gourmet wrote:That was pretty funny.

Old-timey newspaper headlines are comic gold.

Phats

Postby Phats » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:28 pm

Queer Eye for the Straight Guy celebrated gayness on a national level with the same word. What's the difference? Oh, right. People are *fargin'* retarded. Never happy unless they're complaining about something.
ಠ_ಠ

wonko80

Postby wonko80 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:02 pm

So true. The obvious thing to do is complain about people complaining.

The Frugal Gourmet

Postby The Frugal Gourmet » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:39 am

Boston coach Claude Julien on Seguin:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dallas-stars/headlines/20130713-boston-bruins-coach-claude-julien-never-any-issues-with-dallas-stars-tyler-seguin.ece

"For all the questions surrounding Tyler Seguin's sudden exit from Boston, Bruins head coach Claude Julien says he certainly didn't request it.

“There was no issue between Tyler and I, and I’m not afraid to say it,” Julien told the Boston Globe. “You guys can ask him at some point. There were no issues there. I worked with him as a hockey player, I dealt with him as a person. There were never any issues that I knew about, anyway. I thought we had a good relationship.”

“I’m going to tell you right now, Tyler Seguin is a good hockey player,” Julien said. “He’s got an opportunity to be a great hockey player, too.”

"

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:41 pm

I believe Julien over any of the others from that camp. Julien knows he lost a budding superstar.
~Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.

Leonardo da Vinci

slaps

Postby slaps » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:45 pm

This was all about money. Boston saved a ton, but since it's a young and potential superstar, they can't just say that. Especially after Thornton and Kessel. So, they have to trash him so the fans think it was a good move.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:46 pm

Julien also knows how the NHL works. There's a 20% chance he ends up coaching Seguin again somewhere else.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:36 pm

slaps wrote:This was all about money. Boston saved a ton, but since it's a young and potential superstar, they can't just say that. Especially after Thornton and Kessel. So, they have to trash him so the fans think it was a good move.

Why not, tho? It's not like the Bruins' cap problems, Tuuka Rask's and Bergeron's pending contracts are top-secret. Why not just come out and say, "Hey, the cap is coming down and we need to sign these other two guys so see ya." and be done with it? Other teams do that all the friggin time, without planting stories from "unnamed sources" trying to trash a guy on his way out.

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:44 pm

Troy McClure wrote:Julien also knows how the NHL works. There's a 20% chance he ends up coaching Seguin again somewhere else.

Probably here.

mookie1010
Site Admin

Postby mookie1010 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:46 am

ToddM wrote:
slaps wrote:This was all about money. Boston saved a ton, but since it's a young and potential superstar, they can't just say that. Especially after Thornton and Kessel. So, they have to trash him so the fans think it was a good move.

Why not, tho? It's not like the Bruins' cap problems, Tuuka Rask's and Bergeron's pending contracts are top-secret. Why not just come out and say, "Hey, the cap is coming down and we need to sign these other two guys so see ya." and be done with it? Other teams do that all the friggin time, without planting stories from "unnamed sources" trying to trash a guy on his way out.

For what it's worth, my wifes cousin is a writer for a New England hockey site called the New England Hockey Journal, and follows and writes about the Bruins. I saw him this weekend and we talked briefly about Seguin - he echoed the comments made by the rest of the media, that the kid was immature and liked to party too much - we've all read it. The difference here is that he's met and been around the guy, so there's little more of a direct line to the person in question here.

Now, I still say, and I said to him, dude's 21 years old. He's gonna make bad decisions. He's a kid fer crissakes. He's gonna go out boozin' and breaking curfew and all that - the rules are in place because people need to be policed - especially 21 year olds. IF he's boozing in the morning while putting on his skates at 10AM - OK, then I agree we have a problem. If he's being a 21 year old, well, he's being a 21 year old. I expect that.

So, there's that. We'll see.

The Frugal Gourmet

Postby The Frugal Gourmet » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:57 am

This point has been made several times but not here.

In Boston, Seguin is the only young single guy on a team of married stiffs we kids. Nothing wrong with married folk with kids. We are hardworking people and learn a little about prioritizing our time.

But Seguin literally had no outlet or friends to hang with. One of the reasons he was excited to come to Dallas is that there are other young single people to hang out with.

I just think it'll work out better. He'll have other people in the same situation and they can look to for each other more.

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:16 am

Have any of you ever listened to an interview with Craig Ludwig? That guys was a garbage disposal for beer who happened to wear skates every now and then. I refuse to believe than any antics that Seguin has pulled are anywhere even close to Ludwig's level. Ludwig just happened to play before social media existed. Modano has also come out and said that if twitter had existed when he was that age, he would have gotten into trouble way more than Seguin has.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:17 am

One short walk across the SMU campus and his days as an unmarried guy will end within months.

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:18 am

Obviously we need to invite him over on Axis & Allies night.

The Frugal Gourmet

Postby The Frugal Gourmet » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:19 am

ToddM wrote:Obviously we need to invite him over on Axis & Allies night.

I will blitz his ass.

The Frugal Gourmet

Postby The Frugal Gourmet » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:22 am

ScubaSteve wrote:Have any of you ever listened to an interview with Craig Ludwig? That guys was a garbage disposal for beer who happened to wear skates every now and then. I refuse to believe than any antics that Seguin has pulled are anywhere even close to Ludwig's level. Ludwig just happened to play before social media existed. Modano has also come out and said that if twitter had existed when he was that age, he would have gotten into trouble way more than Seguin has.

You take that back, man. Craig Ludwig was a saint. He spent literally all of his free time in Church.

mookie1010
Site Admin

Postby mookie1010 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:26 am

The Frugal Gourmet wrote:This point has been made several times but not here.

In Boston, Seguin is the only young single guy on a team of married stiffs we kids. Nothing wrong with married folk with kids. We are hardworking people and learn a little about prioritizing our time.

But Seguin literally had no outlet or friends to hang with. One of the reasons he was excited to come to Dallas is that there are other young single people to hang out with.

I just think it'll work out better. He'll have other people in the same situation and they can look to for each other more.

My wifes cousin, Kirk, also entered the military some 25 years ago at 18 years old - I think that may also impact how he's judging the kid.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:58 am

ScubaSteve wrote:Have any of you ever listened to an interview with Craig Ludwig? That guys was a garbage disposal for beer who happened to wear skates every now and then. I refuse to believe than any antics that Seguin has pulled are anywhere even close to Ludwig's level. Ludwig just happened to play before social media existed. Modano has also come out and said that if twitter had existed when he was that age, he would have gotten into trouble way more than Seguin has.

Wonko (I think) had a friend in high school who worked at a restaurant that the Stars would drink dry on occasion -- during the season.

The Frugal Gourmet

Postby The Frugal Gourmet » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:04 am

Of skim milk and all natural juices.

wonko80

Postby wonko80 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:45 pm

Yeah, he said the Stars would come in there and drink insane amounts of alcohol. It was some Mexican restaurant in Valley Ranch back when that was where they practiced.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:56 pm

I don't know how those guys can get wasted and then practice/play the next day. How the hell did Belfour and Ludwig do that? I couldn't even work my regular job 10 years ago and do that.
~Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.

Leonardo da Vinci

FrozenFailure

Postby FrozenFailure » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:02 pm

SaintAngerBH wrote:I don't know how those guys can get wasted and then practice/play the next day. How the hell did Belfour and Ludwig do that? I couldn't even work my regular job 10 years ago and do that.

Canadian metabolisms?

Dat1guy

Postby Dat1guy » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:06 pm

FrozenFailure wrote:
SaintAngerBH wrote:I don't know how those guys can get wasted and then practice/play the next day. How the hell did Belfour and Ludwig do that? I couldn't even work my regular job 10 years ago and do that.

Canadian metabolisms?

You shut your whore mouth. Ludwig is American.