Loui Eriksson
Joe Morrow
Matt Fraser
Reilly Smith

To Dallas:

Tyler Seguin
Rich Peverley
Ryan Button
Last edited by Troy McClure on Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

Troy McClure

Re: Loui Eriksson traded to Boston for Tyler Seguin

Postby Troy McClure » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:58 pm

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 3s. Joe Morrow is believed to be one of the pieces going from DAL to BOS. Also, perhaps Reilly Smith and Matt Fraser. Looking for confirmation.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

slaps

Postby slaps » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:00 pm

If that's true, Morrow must have something wrong with him that fans don't see. Teams that aren't the Flyers aren't stupid and trading a guy like that over and over for no reason.

FrozenFailure

Postby FrozenFailure » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:03 pm

Nothing worthwhile lost in terms of prospects. I am ok with this trade...

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:05 pm

slaps wrote:If that's true, Morrow must have something wrong with him that fans don't see. Teams that aren't the Flyers aren't stupid and trading a guy like that over and over for no reason.

Or it means he has some value but is a poor fit. Nieuwy loaded the Stars with too many d-men. Someone had to go. Even if Morrow is really good, Nill needed NHL help now a lot more than he needed what Morrow will bring in two seasons from now.

Jason

Postby Jason » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:05 pm

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger 53s
Seguin and Peverley for sure going to Stars.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:07 pm

@DarrenDreger 5s. Seguin and Peverley for sure going to Star

BigAl

Postby BigAl » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:12 pm

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 1m
Seguin, Peverly and Button to Stars. For Eriksson, J.Morrow R.Smith and Matt Fraser.

Thora Birch.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:16 pm

I'm excited. You know Nieuwy wouldn't have made a trade this drmatic. Having this new set of eyes on the team has been a good thing. I think Nieuwy liked the roster too much.

Jason

Re: Eriksson/Smith/Fraser/Morr to BOS for Seguin/Peverley/sp

Postby Jason » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:25 pm

Stars now have 2 of the 3 players they considered franchise players in the 2010 draft.

``Our guys have loved this guy from the start and we just said if he was available at No. 11, we couldn't let him go,'' said Stars GM Joe Nieuwendyk, who trusted his scouts with the selection. ``We viewed this that after Taylor Hall and Tyler Seguin (the first two picks), Jack Campbell had the next best chance to be a franchise player.''

B Kat

Postby B Kat » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:26 pm

FrozenFailure wrote:Nothing worthwhile lost in terms of prospects. I am ok with this trade...

Yeah, OK with the prospects portion, but losing Loui, 'cause I know he's going to rebound, is tougher. Though, I LOVE Seguin, Plymouth Whaler, and I think Peverely is a good player too. Interesting that the spare we got is a dman too. The trade is interesting at the least.

Also noted on Peverley's TSN player page, he is listed as Wing and Center. How's he on face offs?
Last edited by B Kat on Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jason

Re: Eriksson/Smith/Fraser/Morr to BOS for Seguin/Peverley/sp

Postby Jason » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:27 pm

Corey Pronman @coreypronman 2m
Tyler Seguin of course is the big name among youngsters. High-end talent. Speed, hands and vision all there. Star potential.

Josh Rimer @JoshRimerHockey 3m
Stars D-Man Alex Goligoski on Big Trade, "Tough to c those guys go, but I've played against the guys coming back & they will help our team."

FrozenFailure

Re: Loui/Smith/Fraser/Morrow to BOS for Seguin/Peverley/spar

Postby FrozenFailure » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:36 pm

Peverley is a good center. No high end offense but good on the dot and defensively.

Stars2099

Postby Stars2099 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:36 pm

This loui trade is very underrated
Official Quota of TSF.com

BigAl

Postby BigAl » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:37 pm

I've ascertained that the Stars will be able to strategically leverage the positive synergies of this trade.
Thora Birch.

Jason

Postby Jason » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:37 pm

The best part is the Stars didn't trade any of the top prospects. Nichushkin, Campbell, Ritchie, Chiasson, and Oleksiak remained.

B Kat

Postby B Kat » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:39 pm

From Heika:

Peverley brings a veteran presence and strong defensive play. He is an exceptional faceoff man, winning 58.4 percent of his draws in the regular season and 63 percent during the playoffs. He had 18 points (6G, 12A) in 47 games during the regular season and added two points (2G, 0A) in 21 playoff games. However, he was a minus-9 during the regular season and minus-8 during the playoffs.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:46 pm

Seguin at 21 has already scored more playoff points than most of the rest of the roster added together.

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:50 pm

The "spare", Ryan Button, is an offensive defenseman who's nickname is The Enigma:

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/ryan_button/

Another low risk, high reward player.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:51 pm

He was a throw in to keep the number of bodies close to even.

BigAl

Postby BigAl » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:57 pm

Button has been sent down to the ECHL twice. I wouldn't get my hopes up too high for anyone that struggles to stay in an AHL lineup.
Thora Birch.

B Kat

Postby B Kat » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:21 pm

ToddM wrote:The "spare", Ryan Button, is an offensive defenseman who's nickname is The Enigma.

@buttsy78 -gotta be a man to go with that handle!

Is he related to Craig?

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:35 pm

This makes me wonder if Horton is more likely to sign with Dallas since he was Peverley and Seguin's teammate in Boston.

I also hope we still get another center. Grabovski or Bozak. No need to overpay for Weiss now.
~Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.

Leonardo da Vinci

Jason

Postby Jason » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:06 pm

Reports out of Boston now starting on Seguin.

According to sources around the team, Seguin was out late in Toronto during the road trip to play the Leafs in the first round of the playoffs and the team had to hold a sit-down with the immature forward about his commitment to the team. Seguin showed up each day at the Air Canada Centre wearing the same clothes for three straight days and played badly in Games 3 and 4 of the first round against Toronto.

That incident coupled with stories of Seguin’s late night partying during the regular season prompted Peter Chiarelli to say that “[Seguin] needs to become more of a professional” during a tirade at draft weekend. The Bruins attempted to deal Seguin to the Calgary Flames last weekend, but ultimately Flames ownership squashed any deals for the six-year, $5.75 million contract for Seguin while they go through a full rebuild with inexpensive, youthful players.

All of these questions about Seguin’s off-the-ice attitude and Boston’s tight cap situation prompted them to keep pursuing deals for the talented youngster, and there’s little doubt that Special Assistant to the GM Mark Recchi had prominent involvement in getting his former B’s teammate to Dallas.

Jason

Postby Jason » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:08 pm

SaintAngerBH wrote:I also hope we still get another center. Grabovski or Bozak. No need to overpay for Weiss now.

Any of them will be overpaid.

Stars2099

Postby Stars2099 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:12 pm

This post trade slander of seguin reminds me of stars pinning ribeiro with same "locker room issue" crap. It's really stupid in both cases.
Official Quota of TSF.com

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:23 pm

Stars2099 wrote:This post trade slander of seguin reminds me of stars pinning ribeiro with same "locker room issue" crap. It's really stupid in both cases.

Yep. It's the crap GMs feed to the best writers to help sell a trade to the fans.

Archangel972

Postby Archangel972 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:45 pm

Troy McClure wrote:
Stars2099 wrote:This post trade slander of seguin reminds me of stars pinning ribeiro with same "locker room issue" crap. It's really stupid in both cases.

Yep. It's the crap GMs feed to the best writers to help sell a trade to the fans.

It is underhanded but that doesn't mean it isn't true. This is strictly a "change of scenery" trade for Seguin, hopefully he gets his head right with ball. I think this is a good deal for both teams.

Jason

Postby Jason » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:51 pm

Link
“Tyler is a dynamic player that will be a part of our core group for a long time to come,” said Nill. “A player at his age, position and talent level are extremely difficult to acquire and we’re thrilled to bring him into our organization.”

“Rich is an extremely reliable center that is great in the faceoff circle and will help us as a puck possession team,” said Nill. “Being able to add two centermen in this deal will solidify a very important position, while allowing Jamie Benn to return to his natural spot at wing.”

mnenoch

Postby mnenoch » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:55 pm

I don't think I can get behind this trade. Losing Loui in this deal is the kicker. We just got kicked in the nuts.