cdanew wrote:Let the bashing of Tufte begin
- Posts: 10855
- Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:09 am
For what it's worth the Wild's Jordan Greenway (112 games 28 goals) had similar goal totals to Tufte (121 games 34 goals), though Greenway had more assists.
When drafted Tufte was compared to Bjugstad and was a project. Tufte's game is better suited for the pro game then college.
- Posts: 4875
- Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:43 pm
B Kat wrote:A project at 25th overall? Not bashing, but aren't projects supposed to come from the later rounds?
Later in the first round? Not necessarily. Remember, a lot of these kids are 18 (or even 17) years old when they are drafted. Unless it is someone like Miro, McDavid, Matthews, etc. I'd almost consider every draft pick a project.
- Posts: 4184
- Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:21 pm
B Kat wrote:Drafting is a crap shoot for sure, but 25 is pretty high. I’ll have to confer with Al on that one.
I have to search for my own posts because I don’t have the data anymore.
But here it is:
It’s around a 50% chance of being a bust. 35% of being a fringe or depth player. 15% of being a high end talent.
- B Kat
- Posts: 15221
- Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:36 pm
Or a 50% chance of being a player. That’s actually better than I would have thought. And yes, almost all draftees are projects in general, but a 1st rounder even at 25 is usually not described as a “project”.
- Posts: 16518
- Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:23 pm
Tufte was definitely a project, because he had all the "tools", but had never been tested in juniors because he was a high school kid in the US. So he was basically scoring 4 points a night against vastly inferior opponents.