Page 50 of 50

Re: Texas Stars and Prospects Thread

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:24 am
by B Kat
Developing character to go along with his pesky.

Re: Texas Stars and Prospects Thread

Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:40 am
by Troy McClure
B Kat wrote:Developing character to go along with his pesky.

I'd rather he develop his skill set by playing with other good players.

Re: Texas Stars and Prospects Thread

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:32 pm
by ToddM
Robertson up to 22 goals in 22 games now. With 11 assists too.

Dellandrea now has a ten-game points streak, in which he's put up 16 points.

Tufte with 7 points in 10 games for the #1 college team in the country (same one that won it all with him last season and lost in the championship game in his freshman year).

Oh, and Gurianov put up a goal and an assist in his first game back down for Texas, giving him 14 points (7 goals, 7 assists) in 12 games. 15 in 14 if you include his NHL work.

Roooooope is a man among boys in Texas, with 8 points in 7 games in a primarily defensive role.

Including all those guys, we actually have 11 (11!!) prospects that are at or just under a PPG pace, including a few defensemen. Not too shabby. A lot of these guys --maybe all of them-- will slow down eventually, but I have NEVER seen us have 11 PPG prospects at one time in 18 years of following our minor leaguers. So that's pretty nifty.



On the 'bad' side, Nick Caamano really seems to have slowed down his torrid scoring pace, as he now has just two goals and zero assists in 13 AHL games.

Colton Point was sent down to the ECHL after not cutting it in his first few AHL games. This, after an incredible college year which saw him (at least temporarily) jump over Oettinger in our goalie prospect chart.

Re: Texas Stars and Prospects Thread

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:57 pm
by 5minmajor
Hopefully all 10 (10!) will be as great as Roooooope was when they get their shot at the NHL.

Re: Texas Stars and Prospects Thread

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:03 am
by ToddM
Rooooooope's four 35-second shifts on the top line were more than enough for me to call him a Total Bust. FIRE NILL

Re: Texas Stars and Prospects Thread

Posted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:18 am
by ToddM
I don't really "get" hockey juniors, but apparently some OHL team made a ridiculous Hershel Walker trade for Robertson:



He has slumped a bit lately, tho, with his GPG pace down to just 23 goals in 24 games. His new team is gunning for a deep playoff run, so it should be interesting to see what his stats look like on a team with actual scoring options other than himself (will he still average 6 shots a game? Will he finally NOT get double-teamed every shift? etc etc)

Re: Texas Stars and Prospects Thread

Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:26 pm
by Knives Out
I see. Welp. Kingston is a garbage town anyways and I like the IceDogs logo.

Image

Re: Texas Stars and Prospects Thread

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:37 am
by ToddM
Gurianov with a four point night (1 G, 3 A) and Mascherin with a hat trick last night. But the coolest thing was the opposing goalie going apeshit after giving up the 7th goal:


Re: Texas Stars and Prospects Thread

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:02 am
by Troy McClure
I think the goalie freaked out about being scored on buy a guy with the most ridiculous name in hockey. No one is that french.

Re: Texas Stars and Prospects Thread

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:05 am
by ToddM
L'Esperance does sound like an LA douchebro club.

Re: Texas Stars and Prospects Thread

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:08 am
by Troy McClure
If he makes the NHL, I hope the Stars put his name on a billboard that looks like a perfume ad.

Re: Texas Stars and Prospects Thread

Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:46 pm
by Knives Out
The Blues affiliate also has *poo poo* goaltending? Ya don't say ...

Re: Texas Stars and Prospects Thread

Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:22 pm
by ToddM


Gurianov now with 19 points in 17 games in the AHL.

Re: Texas Stars and Prospects Thread

Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:51 pm
by Troy McClure
ToddM wrote:https://twitter.com/seanshapiro/status/1066824968820781057

Gurianov now with 19 points in 17 games in the AHL.

Sweet. Let's call him up and swap him out for the non-scoring Russian we have wasting $3 million in cap space.

Re: Texas Stars and Prospects Thread

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:29 pm
by wonko80
The Athletic did a piece ranking teams as they expect them to be in the 2021-22 season. Mostly using current long term contracts, GMs, and current prospect pool. The Stars came in 26th, mostly because of their lack of impactful prospects not named Miro. This is what they had to say about the Stars prospect pool:

Pronman on his low rating for the Stars’ prospects and young players: “Miro Heiskanen is a huge, huge piece. He’s a hell of a player. He’s going to be playing monster minutes for that team for a long time. It’s after Heiskanen when you start asking questions. Where are the impact players in this organization right now? I’ve seen a lot of Ty Dellandrea. He’s a nice player, but I have questions if he’s going to be a big time NHL player. I give credit for Denis Guryanov, as I came down on him last year, but he’s looked good this season. I’m still debating if he’s going to be a really good NHL player. He’s back on the radar. Val Nichushkin is just OK. The Stars’ first-round pick Riley Tufte, I haven’t heard really good things about. Outside of Heiskanen, who is a great player, it’s hard to get super excited about a lot of the other pieces.”

I think we are all in agreement about this, right? I mean, maybe Robertson can be a good goal scorer if he can keep working on his skating, but other than that, there's no one of note. I also like how he put Nichuskin in the list. He's 23 and has 4+ years of pro hockey behind him. Not sure he counts as a prospect anymore except by those that are glass half full types.

Re: Texas Stars and Prospects Thread

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:38 pm
by Troy McClure
I totally forgot about Tufte. That dude gets no talk, so I looked him up. Holy *poo poo*. He's in his third season of college hockey, and his production is *poo poo*. He's 8th on his team in scoring with 7 points in 14 games. Even if you go to the worst D1 team, he wouldn't be top five in scoring.

Re: Texas Stars and Prospects Thread

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:38 pm
by mookie1010
He's overrating Val.

Re: Texas Stars and Prospects Thread

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:18 pm
by slaps
wonko80 wrote:The Athletic did a piece ranking teams as they expect them to be in the 2021-22 season. Mostly using current long term contracts, GMs, and current prospect pool. The Stars came in 26th, mostly because of their lack of impactful prospects not named Miro. This is what they had to say about the Stars prospect pool:

Pronman on his low rating for the Stars’ prospects and young players: “Miro Heiskanen is a huge, huge piece. He’s a hell of a player. He’s going to be playing monster minutes for that team for a long time. It’s after Heiskanen when you start asking questions. Where are the impact players in this organization right now? I’ve seen a lot of Ty Dellandrea. He’s a nice player, but I have questions if he’s going to be a big time NHL player. I give credit for Denis Guryanov, as I came down on him last year, but he’s looked good this season. I’m still debating if he’s going to be a really good NHL player. He’s back on the radar. Val Nichushkin is just OK. The Stars’ first-round pick Riley Tufte, I haven’t heard really good things about. Outside of Heiskanen, who is a great player, it’s hard to get super excited about a lot of the other pieces.”

I think we are all in agreement about this, right? I mean, maybe Robertson can be a good goal scorer if he can keep working on his skating, but other than that, there's no one of note. I also like how he put Nichuskin in the list. He's 23 and has 4+ years of pro hockey behind him. Not sure he counts as a prospect anymore except by those that are glass half full types.


Joe Veleno, who the Stars passed on for Dellandrea, has been named by at least a few writers as "one to watch" at various upcoming tournaments, and is expected to be in the NHL next season or so. But the Stars really liked Dellandrea's character or some such.

Re: Texas Stars and Prospects Thread

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:28 pm
by ToddM
Tufte is hard to read because he plays for a defense-heavy team. He led them in scoring last year, when they won the NCAA championship, but compared to, like, Reilly Smith or something, his college numbers look pretty pedestrian.

Re: Texas Stars and Prospects Thread

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:38 pm
by ToddM
slaps wrote:Joe Veleno, who the Stars passed on for Dellandrea, has been named by at least a few writers as "one to watch" at various upcoming tournaments, and is expected to be in the NHL next season or so. But the Stars really liked Dellandrea's character or some such.


Yeah, I still don't know how Veleno fell from "consensus top-10" to 30th overall. Some DBD writer at the draft said that all the scouts were privately talking *poo poo* about Veleno, which may have changed some teams' minds. But still.

Re: Texas Stars and Prospects Thread

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:31 pm
by SaintAngerBH
mookie1010 wrote:He's overrating Val.


Not according to the majority of Stars fans out there on Reddit and Twitter.

Val will be better than Jagr according to those morons.

Re: Texas Stars and Prospects Thread

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:50 pm
by #JTONTFJTGM
SaintAngerBH wrote:
mookie1010 wrote:He's overrating Val.

Not according to the majority of Stars fans out there on Reddit and Twitter.

Val will be better than Jagr according to those morons.

From January 9th, 2014 before a 1-0 Stars loss in New Jersey on a goal by Michael Ryder:

Randy Miller wrote:Devils right wing Jaromir Jagr joked after a recent practice that he’d someday join the media and make everyone jealous at how good he’d be analyzing hockey talent.

From there, No. 68 started auditioning by talking up a Dallas Stars 18-year-old rookie he’d seen play a few times on television.

His report was so glowing that he predicted Valeri Nichushkin, a 6-foot-4, 205-pound winger, has the talent to develop into what Jagr was during his heyday in Pittsburgh.

Asked what player Nichushkin reminds him of, Jagr responded, “Me when I was young.” He added, “Just kidding,” even though he probably wasn’t.

They’re both big and strong wingers with lots of skill, Jagr’s fading somewhat at age 41 and Nichushkin’s still needing polish as a teen.

“I saw, like, three (of his) games,” Jagr said. “He was a great player. Maybe it was his best three games I watched, but I said this guy is going to be the best in the world one day.”

“I’ve seen a little bit of film on (Nichushkin),” Devils coach Pete DeBoer said Tuesday. "He's pretty impressive. He’s a big guy. He handles the puck. I’m not an expert on him because we don’t see him very much, but I can see what (Jagr’s) talking about."

Jagr was asked if liked Nichushkin's potential better than 20-year-old, high-scoring San Jose Sharks rookie winger Tomas Hertl, who, like Jagr, is a native of the Czech Republic.

“What from I saw? Yes,” Jagr said. “(Nichushkin) is more explosive. He was like, ‘Bang.’ … He was impressive. And he’s like 18 years old. I’ve never seen anybody dominate at that age the way he dominated. I think he’s going to be one of the best in the league because he is strong on the boards and he beats guys one-on-one.

“Some (top scorers) are fancy. When you're fancy, the defense can limit it. But when you're strong, they can't do anything about it. He overpowers you. He’s so strong. He's got the tools to be the best player in that world."

https://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2014/01/gameday_notes_stars_teen_future_superstar_devils_jaromir_jagr_predicts.html

Re: Texas Stars and Prospects Thread

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:00 pm
by Troy McClure
If I recall correctly, this was the first game Jagr played against the Stars after his short time here, so he was being asswhipped with a bunch of questions about the Stars. Jagr is really good with the media, so he said nice things to Dallas media people about a guy in his former team. People have fixated on this fluff, feel-good interview as though it was some guarantee.

Re: Texas Stars and Prospects Thread

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:04 pm
by ToddM
Counterpoint: Jagr is never wrong.

Re: Texas Stars and Prospects Thread

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:12 pm
by SaintAngerBH
ToddM wrote:Counterpoint: Jagr is never wrong.


Then that means he was blowing smoke up the media's ass to be nice lol.

Nichushkin will never be a Jagr. He won't even be a Modano.

Re: Texas Stars and Prospects Thread

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:26 pm
by ScubaSteve
Reaching to draft undersized white guys 10 picks higher than they’re ranked is the new teaching to draft overrated Russians 10 picks higher than they’re ranked.

Re: Texas Stars and Prospects Thread

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:18 pm
by slaps
ToddM wrote:
slaps wrote:Joe Veleno, who the Stars passed on for Dellandrea, has been named by at least a few writers as "one to watch" at various upcoming tournaments, and is expected to be in the NHL next season or so. But the Stars really liked Dellandrea's character or some such.


Yeah, I still don't know how Veleno fell from "consensus top-10" to 30th overall. Some DBD writer at the draft said that all the scouts were privately talking *poo poo* about Veleno, which may have changed some teams' minds. But still.


I wonder if those scouts were Wings’ scouts.