Texas Stars and Prospects Thread

B Kat

Re: Texas Stars and Prospects Thread

Postby B Kat » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:24 am

Developing character to go along with his pesky.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:40 am

B Kat wrote:Developing character to go along with his pesky.

I'd rather he develop his skill set by playing with other good players.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:32 pm

Robertson up to 22 goals in 22 games now. With 11 assists too.

Dellandrea now has a ten-game points streak, in which he's put up 16 points.

Tufte with 7 points in 10 games for the #1 college team in the country (same one that won it all with him last season and lost in the championship game in his freshman year).

Oh, and Gurianov put up a goal and an assist in his first game back down for Texas, giving him 14 points (7 goals, 7 assists) in 12 games. 15 in 14 if you include his NHL work.

Roooooope is a man among boys in Texas, with 8 points in 7 games in a primarily defensive role.

Including all those guys, we actually have 11 (11!!) prospects that are at or just under a PPG pace, including a few defensemen. Not too shabby. A lot of these guys --maybe all of them-- will slow down eventually, but I have NEVER seen us have 11 PPG prospects at one time in 18 years of following our minor leaguers. So that's pretty nifty.

On the 'bad' side, Nick Caamano really seems to have slowed down his torrid scoring pace, as he now has just two goals and zero assists in 13 AHL games.

Colton Point was sent down to the ECHL after not cutting it in his first few AHL games. This, after an incredible college year which saw him (at least temporarily) jump over Oettinger in our goalie prospect chart.

5minmajor

Postby 5minmajor » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:57 pm

Hopefully all 10 (10!) will be as great as Roooooope was when they get their shot at the NHL.
"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:03 am

Rooooooope's four 35-second shifts on the top line were more than enough for me to call him a Total Bust. FIRE NILL