Postby Knives Out » Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:25 am

That Hanzal's so hurt right now.

Jason

Re: Texas Stars and Prospects Thread

Postby Jason » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:34 pm

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:49 am

Riley Damiani --yet another 5th round afterthought-- just had his 5th four-point game of the season, has 79 points in just 55 games, and is 17th in the OHL in scoring despite missing 10 games.

Fatbert Robertson has 109 points in 59 games. Hopefully he skips the AHL entirely and just joins the big club next season, cause the OHL has got nothing for him anymore.

Oettinger, who earlier in the season was sporting an .890ish save percentage, is now up to .927 and is single-handedly Haseking his crappy Boston U. team into the playoffs.

Jason

Postby Jason » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:15 pm

mookie1010
Site Admin

Postby mookie1010 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:32 pm

Is that at the same frame rate as the *fargin'* Zapruder film? I've got a headache now.
you don't realize that your pants are too long until you walk to get a taco in the rain.

slaps

Postby slaps » Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:38 pm

That would be fitting since I'm sure in 2 years Todd will have analyzed this footage more than the Zapruder film has been analyzed so he can demonstrate that, despite scoring no goals in 43 games, Hanley is really an elite player being held back by terrible coaching.

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:30 pm

Well clearly the hockey gods have smiled upon him. His Miracles/60 is off the charts.

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:59 pm

I would have called that icing.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:31 am

I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

B Kat

Postby B Kat » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:32 am

Cecconi was supposedly not going to sign with Dallas, according to his Mom.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:54 am

B Kat wrote:Cecconi was supposedly not going to sign with Dallas, according to his Mom.

I have to wonder if Nill showed him what happens to guys who re-enter the draft: they get drafted lower and get smaller signing bonuses.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

slaps

Postby slaps » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:07 pm

Troy McClure wrote:
B Kat wrote:Cecconi was supposedly not going to sign with Dallas, according to his Mom.

I have to wonder if Nill showed him what happens to guys who re-enter the draft: they get drafted lower and get smaller signing bonuses.

He's in college, so he had the opportunity to not sign and become a free agent. No draft re-entry.

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:11 pm

Troy McClure wrote:

If you were a young d-man, and you witnessed what happens to young d-men under Nill, would you want any piece of that?

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:14 pm

ToddM wrote:
Troy McClure wrote:

If you were a young d-man, and you witnessed what happens to young d-men under Nill, would you want any piece of that?

If I was a young d-man, I'd see three of the team's top four d are young guys drafted and developed by the Stars. I'd say that gives a young player hope about how much this team trusts and gives chances to good young players.

slaps

Postby slaps » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:30 pm

Troy McClure wrote:
ToddM wrote:
Troy McClure wrote:

If I was a young d-man, I'd see three of the team's top four d are young guys drafted and developed by the Stars. I'd say that gives a young player hope about how much this team trusts and gives chances to good young players.

I'd be more concerned with 3 of the 6 openings being locked up long term, and the team's propensity to go out and trade for washed-up older defensemen instead of promoting one of their 36 other defense prospects who looked fine earlier in the year.

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:58 pm

slaps wrote:If you were a young d-man, and you witnessed what happens to young d-men under Nill, would you want any piece of that?

I'd be more concerned with 3 of the 6 openings being locked up long term, and the team's propensity to go out and trade for washed-up older defensemen instead of promoting one of their 36 other defense prospects who looked fine earlier in the year.

This. Cecconi isn't a world-beater, he's a solid Nemeth-type. And other than Lindell, who was given top-line minutes in his rookie season despite his on-ice performance, stay-at-home types get passed over for 35 year old vets.

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:02 pm

In triglyceride-related news, Fatgut Robertson scored 11 points in his last 3 games to win the OHL scoring title. 117 points in 62 games.

Kid is legit.

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:35 pm

ToddM wrote:
slaps wrote:If you were a young d-man, and you witnessed what happens to young d-men under Nill, would you want any piece of that?

This. Cecconi isn't a world-beater, he's a solid Nemeth-type. And other than Lindell, who was given top-line minutes in his rookie season despite his on-ice performance, stay-at-home types get passed over for 35 year old vets.

Oh man. If we’re already managing expectations with this kid to the point that his CEILING is maybe someday if we’re lucky he can be as good as a guy who wasn’t good enough to be our #7, why did we even sign him?
Image Cody Monette likes this.

Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:35 pm

Because you need guys like that to avoid paying millions and trading picks for the Lovejoys of the world.

cdanew

Postby cdanew » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:30 pm

Cecconi was a fifth round pick. Barring some unforeseen miracle, if he turns out to be a decent bottom pairing d-man for four to five years the Stars will have gotten about as much out of him as they can expect. Maybe he makes the NHL, maybe he is a career AHL guy. Either way, you need those types.

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:26 pm

I don't know if this guy will ever see the Dallas roster, but it's hard not to root for him:

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:13 am

Stars with two of the top ten "rising stock" prospects. One is obvious, the second may surprise some people:

https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/ ... -prospects

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:38 am

Don’t clickbait just tell us. I took the time to write this out instead of checking out your link because of that.

Is it Honka?

cdanew

Postby cdanew » Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:35 am

Robertson and Gurianov

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:25 pm

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:29 pm

So Tufte won yet another NCAA championship. He had the assist on the game-winning goal, but his stats are pretty meh overall. Hard to say whether that's an accurate reflection of the player he is, because his team is the Hitch-Monty of the NCAA, but he's helped his team to three straight Finals appearances, and won two. Hopefully he leaves college and heads to the AHL, so we can see what he's like on a "regular" team.

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:35 pm

Fatgut Robertson scored 7 goals and 3 assists in 10 games, but it wasn't enough, and his team got eliminated. He got a 1-game suspension for a hit from behind, and his team lost that game 3-1, so there's that.

Ty Felhaber is still in the playoffs, and even scored a triple-OT winner to complete a sweep. He scored it from the Seguin spot:

B Kat

Postby B Kat » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:19 pm

No playoffs for the Texas Stars this year.

cdanew

Postby cdanew » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:39 pm

Let the bashing of Tufte begin

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:11 am

Don't look now, but Felhaber is tearing up the OHL playoffs after tearing up the regular season. He's led his team to a perfect 12-0 record so far, last night scoring the game-tying goal with thirty seconds left before winning it in OT: