Jagr

Jason

Re: Stars sign Jagr

Postby Jason » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:54 pm

Jagr out to prove he can be a star in Dallas

Here's a Jagr interview (video) on why he picked Dallas, etc.

"Of course, I understand that if more people come to the rink, it's better for our owner, it's better for our team," Jagr said. "But I think the most important thing that I've always believed that if you play good hockey and you're going to win, they're always going to come. They like the winners. There's no question about it."

"When I decided to sign here, I felt like they were interested and they wanted me here," Jagr told reporters. "On the other side, it's kind of extra motivation to prove the people made the right choice."

CycloneGU

Postby CycloneGU » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:25 am

He has a lot to prove. First, Dallas has to become a playoff team.

Cyclone

Jason

Postby Jason » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:03 pm

Jagr letter

Regarding the team, I am getting to know my fellow players. Unfortunately, there's not much time to build proper chemistry on the ice. After a short training camp, we will go straight into the season. Therefore, I don't want to talk about our chances yet, it would be a bit premature.

Regardless, I will do my best to help the team into the playoffs. I'm glad that Dallas gave me a chance and now I feel that I have to return the favor.

The Frugal Gourmet

Postby The Frugal Gourmet » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:34 pm

It really is funny to see how Jagr is the one the media goes to. Takes the pressure off everyone else, I guess.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:04 pm

He is the biggest star on the team now and probably the best interview.

They can go to Jagr and get a bunch of great stories and funny stuff or they could go to Morrow and get zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

CycloneGU

Postby CycloneGU » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:18 pm

Troy McClure wrote:He is the biggest star on the team now and probably the best interview.

They can go to Jagr and get a bunch of great stories and funny stuff or they could go to Morrow and get zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

You have a problem with sleep, Mr. McClure?

Cyclone

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:31 pm

I like Jagr's openness. He's quite candid in interviews, and it's refreshing. We haven't had that in a while.

He seems like a really nice guy. I don't understand why his former teams' fans have such a problem with him.
~Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.

Leonardo da Vinci

CycloneGU

Postby CycloneGU » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:45 pm

SaintAngerBH wrote:He seems like a really nice guy. I don't understand why his former teams' fans have such a problem with him.

I believe you answered your musing with the first half of that very statement.

Cyclone

slaps

Postby slaps » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:46 pm

SaintAngerBH wrote:I like Jagr's openness. He's quite candid in interviews, and it's refreshing. We haven't had that in a while.

He seems like a really nice guy. I don't understand why his former teams' fans have such a problem with him.

I'm sure he can be bitchy and picky about who he works with, and is set in his ways about things.

Of course, his résumé backs it up, so....

Jason

Postby Jason » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:15 am

@mayorNHL
#NHLstars Jagr - 'The more I play the better I get...I'm a freak. If I played another game right now I'd be better.'
Jagr on Selanne #s - 'I don't look at the stats, I have no idea...I don't really care about it in my mind...goals, points aren't on my mind

Hopefully the Stars keep Jagr until he decides to retire.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:11 am

Jason wrote:
@mayorNHL
#NHLstars Jagr - 'The more I play the better I get...I'm a freak. If I played another game right now I'd be better.'
Jagr on Selanne #s - 'I don't look at the stats, I have no idea...I don't really care about it in my mind...goals, points aren't on my mind

Hopefully the Stars keep Jagr until he decides to retire.

I agree. He's basically our Selanne now. I'm interested to see how long those two can keep going. Chelios made it to 47 didn't he? Although, he wasn't at this level by then.
~Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.

Leonardo da Vinci

Jason

Postby Jason » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:45 pm

Jiri Hrdina on Jagr in Czech

Google's translation of Stars scout Jiri Hrdina's comments on Jagr.
Where do you think the speculation about replacing Jágrová come from?
"Until Džegr gave goals and led the team scoring, no problem. Suddenly four games do not as they imagined, as well as the whole team, and someone will figure out that it might be perhaps better if played in Montreal, Ottawa or Philadelphia. It's nonsense. If you know Dallas has a great interest in Jagr vice versa in the future. "

CycloneGU

Postby CycloneGU » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:55 pm

Jason wrote:Jiri Hrdina on Jagr in Czech

Google's translation of Stars scout Jiri Hrdina's comments on Jagr.
Where do you think the speculation about replacing Jágrová come from?
"Until Džegr gave goals and led the team scoring, no problem. Suddenly four games do not as they imagined, as well as the whole team, and someone will figure out that it might be perhaps better if played in Montreal, Ottawa or Philadelphia. It's nonsense. If you know Dallas has a great interest in Jagr vice versa in the future. "

I sense a 5 year $5 million each coming. Or more.

Cyclone

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:16 pm

I'm glad. I want to see him around as long as possible. He could become our Selanne for a year or two. He's fun to watch.

Leonardo da Vinci

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:34 pm

Jason wrote:Hopefully the Stars keep Jagr until he decides to retire.

If he's around next season, I will actually buy a new Stars jersey.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:40 pm

Knives Out wrote:
Jason wrote:Hopefully the Stars keep Jagr until he decides to retire.

If he's around next season, I will actually buy a new Stars jersey.

I would have bought his already, but I want to wait for the new ones too.

Leonardo da Vinci

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:42 pm

After losing Ribs, Fisty, Ryder and Morrow, I can honestly say that Jagr is the only player on our team that I actually give a *poo poo* about. I literally feel nothing for anybody else.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:45 pm

Not even Whitney or Lehtonen?

Leonardo da Vinci

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:45 pm

ARE YOU SERIOUSLY GOING TO MENTION GLASS FATSO?

Jason

Postby Jason » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:48 pm

Knives Out wrote:After losing Ribs, Fisty, Ryder and Morrow, I can honestly say that Jagr is the only player on our team that I actually give a *poo poo* about. I literally feel nothing for anybody else.

Bachman?

Trotts19

Postby Trotts19 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:58 pm

We know you have a man crush on Robi
T19

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:03 pm

Surely Daley then, right?

Leonardo da Vinci

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:37 pm

Knives Out wrote:After losing Ribs, Fisty, Ryder and Morrow, I can honestly say that Jagr is the only player on our team that I actually give a *poo poo* about. I literally feel nothing for anybody else.

I went through a dark period after we lost Richards where I genuinely hated or was indifferent towards almost every player on the roster. Loui has grown on me though, and I am continually in awe of Jagr. Whitney has been a really dependable player for a long time that I draft in fantasy hockey every year, but I'm not getting invested with him.
Image Cody Monette likes this.

Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:48 pm

I want to like Dillon and Oleksiak, but I don't see the point.

I guess this is my dark period.

starsfan18

Postby starsfan18 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:11 pm

Knives Out wrote:I guess this is my dark period.

Gross.

CycloneGU

Postby CycloneGU » Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:26 pm

starsfan18 wrote:

Gross.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:02 pm

Knives Out wrote:I want to like Dillon and Oleksiak, but I don't see the point.

I guess this is my dark period.

I've enjoyed this season a lot more than past years. The past four seasons were my dark period. I found the Modano-Morrow-Ott-Turco group to be entirely unlikeable. They were the face of the team, and it wasn't fun to be a fan of. I hated how they quit during the Avery fiasco. I hated how stupid and selfish Morrow and Ott played. I hated the late season collapses.

The team got younger and more energetic in its lower lines. Guys like Roussel and Eakin are fun to watch and have upgraded the third line. The additions of Jagr and Whitney have greatly improved the skill level of the top lines and have injected the kind of creativity and talent that makes hockey fun to watch.

There are still lots or negatives about the team as a whole. It may not even be a better team, but I'm enjoying the work of more individuals now than before.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

mookie1010
Site Admin

Postby mookie1010 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:12 pm

starsfan18 wrote:

Gross.

lol
you don't realize that your pants are too long until you walk to get a taco in the rain.

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:51 pm

ScubaSteve wrote:

I went through a dark period after we lost Richards where I genuinely hated or was indifferent towards almost every player on the roster. Loui has grown on me though, and I am continually in awe of Jagr. Whitney has been a really dependable player for a long time that I draft in fantasy hockey every year, but I'm not getting invested with him.

In unrelated news, the Rangers might pay Brad Richards $24 million this summer not to play for them anymore.

CycloneGU

Postby CycloneGU » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:58 pm

ToddM wrote:
ScubaSteve wrote:

In unrelated news, the Rangers might pay Brad Richards $24 million this summer not to play for them anymore.

We should sign him for minimum salary next season. Hey, he already has one.

Cyclone