9/2 Game 6 vs Avalanche (7PM CT) - SIX (NSH) SIX (CGY) SIX (COL)

Math

Re: 9/2 Game 6 vs Avalanche (7PM CT) - SIX (NSH) SIX (CGY) SIX (COL)

Postby Math » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:27 am

This series is over. The momentum definitely turned once the epic fail to put Bishop in net was made, along with the "We know things that you don't know" bullshit. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, and the 5-0 after 20' definitely killed it.

We thought the message was understood after that, it wasn't once again and there's absolutely no indication that it will be the case for game 7. I always try to be rational by taking a step back, can you seriously imagine Benn & co. taking the lead, watch an aggressive Stars team on the forecheck like they did the first two games? I highly doubt it.

It's somehow funny, I was directly inside the same scenario some years ago in the professional swiss league. We were ahead 3-1 in the series, quite easily. Then the coach made a curious decision in his line-up, putting two guys in with no practice at all. What was the score after the 1st period of game 5? yes, 5-0... Then they lost game 6 in the exact similar fashion as yesterday. One of my friend had to write the post-game résumé of game 7, he did it before the puck drop. After the game 7, he didn't had to change one single comma.

wonko80

Postby wonko80 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:49 am

BigAl wrote:
cdanew wrote:And I'm buying in to the Dobby with a nagging injury theory. He's played decently, but he hasn't stolen a game for this team like he did during parts of the regular season.

It puts a different perspective on things. Like if he gets injured in a back to back then now you have 2 unfit goalies, and Oettinger is suddenly the #1 for the rest of the playoffs.

True. What team could ever overcome having to play their third string goalie?

cdanew

Postby cdanew » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:00 am

wonko80 wrote:
BigAl wrote:
cdanew wrote:And I'm buying in to the Dobby with a nagging injury theory. He's played decently, but he hasn't stolen a game for this team like he did during parts of the regular season.

It puts a different perspective on things. Like if he gets injured in a back to back then now you have 2 unfit goalies, and Oettinger is suddenly the #1 for the rest of the playoffs.

When Bowness says "We know things you don't know" I wonder if he is talking about Dobby as much as Bishop. I think they wanted to give Dobby game 5 off - possibly to rest something nagging but not debilitating - and in a decision between a cold and possibly still somewhat injured Bishop and a goalie prospect who hasn't played a minute in the NHL, they thought they could get away with Bishop. And maybe they could have if the team hadn't totally crapped the bed in front of him.

Where that theory breaks down is why Dobby stayed in after the first intermission. To me, that is the bigger coaching f-up.

Hell, its all f-ed up. :shock:

cdanew

Postby cdanew » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:01 am

So do I change the avatar?

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:02 am

cdanew wrote:So do I change the avatar?

Bring back Daddario
Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:03 am

wonko80 wrote:
BigAl wrote:

I think the problem is we aren’t paying the captain enough.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:06 am

BigAl wrote:Also, if FCC can’t keep up with MacKinnon then who do you put out there instead? Hintz and Gurianov are the only other guys with any speed. The torching could be much worse than it is now.

I think the problem with them trying to keep up is all three are also the primary penalty killers. When the team takes a number of stupid penalties, this FCC line is getting overworked, which isn't great when two of them are old.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:17 am

cdanew wrote:
wonko80 wrote:
BigAl wrote:

When Bowness says "We know things you don't know" I wonder if he is talking about Dobby as much as Bishop. I think they wanted to give Dobby game 5 off - possibly to rest something nagging but not debilitating - and in a decision between a cold and possibly still somewhat injured Bishop and a goalie prospect who hasn't played a minute in the NHL, they thought they could get away with Bishop. And maybe they could have if the team hadn't totally crapped the bed in front of him.

Where that theory breaks down is why Dobby stayed in after the first intermission. To me, that is the bigger coaching f-up.

Or if playing Dobby was such a worry, why was he even in the game as a backup? Bishop was a risk going in.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

cdanew

Postby cdanew » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:20 am

ScubaSteve wrote:

Bring back Daddario

Done.

B Kat

Postby B Kat » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:22 am

Troy McClure wrote:
BigAl wrote:Also, if FCC can’t keep up with MacKinnon then who do you put out there instead? Hintz and Gurianov are the only other guys with any speed. The torching could be much worse than it is now.

I think the problem with them trying to keep up is all three are also the primary penalty killers. When the team takes a number of stupid penalties, this FCC line is getting overworked, which isn't great when two of them are old.

This is very true.

The Benn, Seguin, Radulov line wasn't on for any of last night's goals against, but they can not be trusted. I was wondering how they managed to be so effective in the first three games of the series because every time they are on the ice we seem to be in our own end and I'm petrified.

BigAl

Postby BigAl » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:25 am

cdanew wrote:When Bowness says "We know things you don't know" I wonder if he is talking about Dobby as much as Bishop. I think they wanted to give Dobby game 5 off - possibly to rest something nagging but not debilitating - and in a decision between a cold and possibly still somewhat injured Bishop and a goalie prospect who hasn't played a minute in the NHL, they thought they could get away with Bishop. And maybe they could have if the team hadn't totally crapped the bed in front of him.

I think it’s a Dobby issue. We all know Bishop has been unfit to play, so what else could it be that we don’t know? There’s only 3 goalies, so if it’s not a Khudobin issue then it’s an Oettinger issue
~ Swinton

Math

Postby Math » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:29 am

B Kat wrote:
Troy McClure wrote:

This is very true.

The Benn, Seguin, Radulov line wasn't on for any of last night's goals against, but they can not be trusted. I was wondering how they managed to be so effective in the first three games of the series because every time they are on the ice we seem to be in our own end and I'm petrified.

Which leads to the same motto: Stay. Out. Of. The. Box.

And it's driving me nuts that the penalized ones were the vets (except Oleksiak), including your C.

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:36 am

If you didn’t want dumb penalties to cost you a Game 7, maybe you shouldn’t have populated your roster with undisciplined clowns like Benn and Radulov.

cdanew

Postby cdanew » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:38 am

Math wrote:And it's driving me nuts that the penalized ones were the vets (except Oleksiak), including your C.

Oleksiak has played in 8 seasons in the NHL. When does he qualify as a vet? :lol: :lol: :lol:

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:55 am

He was a prospect who couldn’t beat out Jordie Benn for like 6 of those years though.

Math

Postby Math » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:01 am

cdanew wrote:
Math wrote:And it's driving me nuts that the penalized ones were the vets (except Oleksiak), including your C.

Oleksiak has played in 8 seasons in the NHL. When does he qualify as a vet? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sustained! In fact, he only played 16 less playoffs games than Benn.

BigAl

Postby BigAl » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:09 am

Oleksiak plays really well, but pushing an Av into Khudobin cost us a goal against last night.
Gurianov played well, except his failed clear of the zone resulted in a 2 on 1 that ended with a GA.
~ Swinton

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:11 am

Heiskanen played okay, but he failed to score 6 goals and singlehandedly win the game for us.

BigAl

Postby BigAl » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:22 am

ScubaSteve wrote:Heiskanen played okay, but he failed to score 6 goals and singlehandedly win the game for us.

Looking at the shift chart it looks like Heiskanen was matched up against MacKinnon, but it’s maybe just a coincidence considering that those two are each playing every other shift.
~ Swinton

Math

Postby Math » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:35 am

So far, nine back-to-back games occured during the playoffs.

Involved teams have decided to go with the same goalie in 61% of the cases (10-12 record).

The record is negative, though not that significant, I still don't understand the urgency to go with different goalies in this situation, regardless of Bishop/Khudobin/Oettinger/Zamboni driver's condition.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:31 pm

ScubaSteve wrote:If you didn’t want dumb penalties to cost you a Game 7, maybe you shouldn’t have populated your roster with undisciplined clowns like Benn and Radulov.

Add Perry to the list. He's put the Avs on the PP four times this series and has two points in these six games. He's been bad. Nill has probably already offered Perry a three year extension.

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:40 pm

That Hanzal's so hurt right now.

slaps

Postby slaps » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:40 pm

ScubaSteve wrote:

Bring back Daddario

Much like the Stars - nice at first glance but generally overrated.
Winamp - it really whips the llama's ass.

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:47 pm

slaps wrote:
ScubaSteve wrote:

Bring back Daddario

Much like the Stars - nice at first glance but generally overrated.

How dare you.

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:26 pm

Thank you for bringing back Daddario.
That Hanzal's so hurt right now.

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:28 pm

#rallytits

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:52 pm

BigAl wrote:
ScubaSteve wrote:Heiskanen played okay, but he failed to score 6 goals and singlehandedly win the game for us.

Looking at the shift chart it looks like Heiskanen was matched up against MacKinnon, but it’s maybe just a coincidence considering that those two are each playing every other shift.

No, Heiskanen/Oleksiak has been matched up against MacKinnon whenever possible. And... it's sortof worked? It's not like MacKinnon dominated Dallas last game. His assist was an individual win against a lethargic Klingberg with no forwards in the d-zone to cover Rantanen, and his goal was an empty netter from 150 feet away.

But Game 7 Avs get last change, so look for MacKinnon to torch Klingberg/Lindell or Sekera/Fedun. Altho frankly, Bowness sneaking out his H/O defense against MacKinnon worked fairly well for us in the first two games.

And that's assuming MacKinnon isn't injured. He's missed more open nets than the entire Stars team combined over the last three games, and isn't skating like he was in Game 1.

B Kat

Postby B Kat » Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:15 pm

McKinnon did seem off in last night's game.

Landeskog's injury last night was a skate cut . Hopefully he can't go.

/sorry

Shabazz Jenkins

Postby Shabazz Jenkins » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:06 pm

Big Rig will still cough up a juicy turnover on you at the line.

Shabazz Jenkins

Postby Shabazz Jenkins » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:09 pm

Get it on net, guys!!