2/11 Hurricanes @ Stars - No storm surge tonight

Troy McClure

Re: 2/11 Hurricanes @ Stars - No storm surge tonight

Postby Troy McClure » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:40 am

cdanew wrote:I don't know - I thought the eyeball test last night was pretty much in the Stars favor. Like most every NHL game, there were ebbs and flows, but the Stars were clearly the better team. Dobby was good - made a couple of great saves when he had to, but didn't have to be the first star of the game. Several lines had lots of good chances. My main criticism from the game was it probably should have been 5-1 even before the empty net.

This was a good game from them for sure. The types of goals and scoring chances were of the type that are repeatable and sustainable to drive offense. It's amazing how much better a team looks when they aren't relying on breakaways to score goals.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:46 am

I’ll be honest, I didn’t really watch much of this game. But I usually do watch, and I see a team that’s either really hot or really cold. And looking at the standings, they’re one three game losing streak away from being right back on the outside.
Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

The Frugal Gourmet

Postby The Frugal Gourmet » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:08 pm

Keep the W's going boys. Not getting a point from the Minnesota debacle was a disaster.

Math

Postby Math » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:55 pm

That's the same story faced by all other teams. Losing points where they should have secured a win while stealing some where they were clearly outplayed. At the end all evens out more or less.

Stars are six points (with two games in hand) ahead a Winnipeg team that had the good idea to lose yesterday. Things are very tight but the situation remains comfortable and as long as we are in control of our destiny, things will be fine. By looking the other direction, the Stars are only 4 points behind the first place Blues that only won three in the last 10 games.

cdanew

Postby cdanew » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:03 pm

ScubaSteve wrote:And looking at the standings, they’re one three game losing streak away from being right back on the outside.

True - but that's also true of just about every other team in the West playoffs right now not named the Blues (and they have been slumping).

Edit: "Slumping" was not a reference to Bouwmeester on the bench. (Too soon?)

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:51 pm

This guy is so compelling.

I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:54 pm

JaD Radio is playing his postgame radio interview right now, it’s even worse.
Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

The Frugal Gourmet

Postby The Frugal Gourmet » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:51 pm

Man that Gurianov is a total bust.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:27 pm

The Frugal Gourmet wrote:Man that Gurianov is a total bust.

The best way to shed a bust label is to do things like score goals.