2/11 Hurricanes @ Stars - No storm surge tonight

User avatar
Troy McClure
Posts: 48641
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:37 pm
Location: not Cleveland
Contact:

2/11 Hurricanes @ Stars - No storm surge tonight

Postby Troy McClure » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:30 am

Let's see what happens.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

User avatar
slaps
Posts: 34045
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:21 am
Location: Shady Drifter
Contact:

Re: 2/11 Hurricanes @ Stars - No storm surge tonight

Postby slaps » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:38 am

Will be present tonight, in a suite (for work)!
Winamp - it really whips the llama's ass.

User avatar
BigAl
Posts: 4772
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: 2/11 Hurricanes @ Stars - No storm surge tonight

Postby BigAl » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:57 am

slaps wrote:suite !

Dude!
Could of.

User avatar
B Kat
Posts: 15678
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:36 pm

Re: 2/11 Hurricanes @ Stars - No storm surge tonight

Postby B Kat » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:18 pm

Tyler gonna break out tonight.

User avatar
ScubaSteve
Posts: 40075
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:12 pm

Re: 2/11 Hurricanes @ Stars - No storm surge tonight

Postby ScubaSteve » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:24 pm

Tyler Pitlick? Does he play for Carolina now?
Image Cody Monette likes this.

Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

User avatar
Math
Posts: 726
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:19 pm

Re: 2/11 Hurricanes @ Stars - No storm surge tonight

Postby Math » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:00 pm

Tonight's line-up:

Dickinson with Benn & Gurianov, Radulov with, uh... and Perry with Seguin and, well doesn't matter. Screw the line-up, There will be constant shuffling anyway...

User avatar
ScubaSteve
Posts: 40075
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:12 pm

Re: 2/11 Hurricanes @ Stars - No storm surge tonight

Postby ScubaSteve » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:47 pm

Why is Gurianov on the 4th line?
Image Cody Monette likes this.

Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

User avatar
Math
Posts: 726
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:19 pm

Re: 2/11 Hurricanes @ Stars - No storm surge tonight

Postby Math » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:24 pm

A bit frustrating not to lead after the first as the Hurricanes stayed in the bus. Bullshit call on Faksa's penalty and everybody stopped playing at the end of the PK.

User avatar
Troy McClure
Posts: 48641
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:37 pm
Location: not Cleveland
Contact:

Re: 2/11 Hurricanes @ Stars - No storm surge tonight

Postby Troy McClure » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:05 pm

Gurianov is scoring some one timers from way out wide than should work, but it’s working because his aim is dialed in. He’s putting these just inside the pipe.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

User avatar
Math
Posts: 726
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:19 pm

Re: 2/11 Hurricanes @ Stars - No storm surge tonight

Postby Math » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:20 pm

Mrazek's bottle turning into a launching rocket agrees. However, Heiskanen tends to Klingbergize himself.

User avatar
ToddM
Posts: 17204
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:23 pm
Contact:

Re: 2/11 Hurricanes @ Stars - No storm surge tonight

Postby ToddM » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:32 pm

Troy McClure wrote:Gurianov is scoring some one timers from way out wide than should work, but it’s working because his aim is dialed in. He’s putting these just inside the pipe.

Imagine if Seguin could get his side of the PP working.

Just saw the replay of that Gurianov goal. I don't think I've ever seen a water bottle explode. I'd wager a lot of hockey players dream of doing that.

User avatar
ScubaSteve
Posts: 40075
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:12 pm

Re: 2/11 Hurricanes @ Stars - No storm surge tonight

Postby ScubaSteve » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:44 pm

ToddM wrote:
Troy McClure wrote:Gurianov is scoring some one timers from way out wide than should work, but it’s working because his aim is dialed in. He’s putting these just inside the pipe.

Imagine if Seguin could get his side of the PP working.

Just saw the replay of that Gurianov goal. I don't think I've ever seen a water bottle explode. I'd wager a lot of hockey players dream of doing that.

It would help Seguin a bit if Klingberg could stop putting every single pass in his skates.
Image Cody Monette likes this.

Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

User avatar
Troy McClure
Posts: 48641
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:37 pm
Location: not Cleveland
Contact:

Re: 2/11 Hurricanes @ Stars - No storm surge tonight

Postby Troy McClure » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:49 pm

ScubaSteve wrote:
ToddM wrote:
Troy McClure wrote:Gurianov is scoring some one timers from way out wide than should work, but it’s working because his aim is dialed in. He’s putting these just inside the pipe.

Imagine if Seguin could get his side of the PP working.

Just saw the replay of that Gurianov goal. I don't think I've ever seen a water bottle explode. I'd wager a lot of hockey players dream of doing that.

It would help Seguin a bit if Klingberg could stop putting every single pass in his skates.

That Seguin can’t make a tiny move with his skates to get off a good shot says more about him than Klingberg.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

SaintAngerBH
Posts: 12441
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:55 pm

Re: 2/11 Hurricanes @ Stars - No storm surge tonight

Postby SaintAngerBH » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:03 pm

Every time Bogorad says Ullmark's name, it sounds like he's saying "Wal-mart." lol

User avatar
BigAl
Posts: 4772
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:21 pm

Re: 2/11 Hurricanes @ Stars - No storm surge tonight

Postby BigAl » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:04 pm

You could really see the maturation in Gurianov’s game on that 2 on 1 when he saw Fabian was open and opted to not pass, thereby at least giving us a chance to score.
Could of.

User avatar
Math
Posts: 726
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:19 pm

Re: 2/11 Hurricanes @ Stars - No storm surge tonight

Postby Math » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:08 pm

After the Gordie Howe hat-trick, the Jamie Benn hat-trick: recording three goals without actually scoring three goals.

SaintAngerBH
Posts: 12441
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:55 pm

Re: 2/11 Hurricanes @ Stars - No storm surge tonight

Postby SaintAngerBH » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:14 pm

The honorary hat trick lol

User avatar
Troy McClure
Posts: 48641
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:37 pm
Location: not Cleveland
Contact:

Re: 2/11 Hurricanes @ Stars - No storm surge tonight

Postby Troy McClure » Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:14 pm

A shot. A deflection. Falling down.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

User avatar
ScubaSteve
Posts: 40075
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:12 pm

Re: 2/11 Hurricanes @ Stars - No storm surge tonight

Postby ScubaSteve » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:25 am

Troy McClure wrote:
ScubaSteve wrote:
ToddM wrote:
Troy McClure wrote:Gurianov is scoring some one timers from way out wide than should work, but it’s working because his aim is dialed in. He’s putting these just inside the pipe.

Imagine if Seguin could get his side of the PP working.

Just saw the replay of that Gurianov goal. I don't think I've ever seen a water bottle explode. I'd wager a lot of hockey players dream of doing that.

It would help Seguin a bit if Klingberg could stop putting every single pass in his skates.

That Seguin can’t make a tiny move with his skates to get off a good shot says more about him than Klingberg.

Look at where Miro gave that pass to Gurianov and compare it to any pass Klingberg has given Seguin on the other half wall this season.
Image Cody Monette likes this.

Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

User avatar
Knives Out
Posts: 19271
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:43 pm
Location: TO via MTL

Re: 2/11 Hurricanes @ Stars - No storm surge tonight

Postby Knives Out » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:28 am

Math wrote:After the Gordie Howe hat-trick, the Jamie Benn hat-trick: recording three goals without actually scoring three goals.

Blolz.

The Morrow hat-trick was having one goal and two disallowed.
That Hanzal's so hurt right now.

User avatar
ScubaSteve
Posts: 40075
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:12 pm

Re: 2/11 Hurricanes @ Stars - No storm surge tonight

Postby ScubaSteve » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:33 am

The Brett Ritchie hat trick is hitting the glass behind the goal three times.
Image Cody Monette likes this.

Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

User avatar
wonko80
Posts: 15955
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:03 pm
Location: Frisco

Re: 2/11 Hurricanes @ Stars - No storm surge tonight

Postby wonko80 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:45 am

The Brett Ritchie hat trick is playing in three consecutive games.

User avatar
cdanew
Posts: 5127
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:43 pm

Re: 2/11 Hurricanes @ Stars - No storm surge tonight

Postby cdanew » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:13 am

Wow - the Stars play one of their better games all season and you'd think from this thread that they lost 6-0. Actually won a game by more than a goal, as of this morning they are 3rd in the West and 9th overall in the league, actually have the third best goal differential in the West (yeah, I had to look twice at that one). Since the abysmal start, they've got the second or third best record in the league.

But yes, I know this is TSF. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Math
Posts: 726
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:19 pm

Re: 2/11 Hurricanes @ Stars - No storm surge tonight

Postby Math » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:23 am

We have some good concepts there. The Kari hattie: recording three consecutive stops. The Klinger hattie: three turnovers in the same shift or losing three teeth in the same action. The Radu hattie: three offensive penalties in the same game.

User avatar
ScubaSteve
Posts: 40075
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:12 pm

Re: 2/11 Hurricanes @ Stars - No storm surge tonight

Postby ScubaSteve » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:29 am

cdanew wrote:Wow - the Stars play one of their better games all season and you'd think from this thread that they lost 6-0. Actually won a game by more than a goal, as of this morning they are 3rd in the West and 9th overall in the league, actually have the third best goal differential in the West (yeah, I had to look twice at that one). Since the abysmal start, they've got the second or third best record in the league.

But yes, I know this is TSF. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know the standings say that and the score line from last night said that, but the eyeball test just doesn’t say it to me. Maybe it’s just the taste from that bad start still lingering.
Image Cody Monette likes this.

Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

User avatar
cdanew
Posts: 5127
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:43 pm

Re: 2/11 Hurricanes @ Stars - No storm surge tonight

Postby cdanew » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:34 am

I don't know - I thought the eyeball test last night was pretty much in the Stars favor. Like most every NHL game, there were ebbs and flows, but the Stars were clearly the better team. Dobby was good - made a couple of great saves when he had to, but didn't have to be the first star of the game. Several lines had lots of good chances. My main criticism from the game was it probably should have been 5-1 even before the empty net.

User avatar
Math
Posts: 726
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:19 pm

Re: 2/11 Hurricanes @ Stars - No storm surge tonight

Postby Math » Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:34 am

cdanew wrote:Wow - the Stars play one of their better games all season and you'd think from this thread that they lost 6-0. Actually won a game by more than a goal, as of this morning they are 3rd in the West and 9th overall in the league, actually have the third best goal differential in the West (yeah, I had to look twice at that one). Since the abysmal start, they've got the second or third best record in the league.

But yes, I know this is TSF. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's remain under the radar as some numbers are pretty impressive. That was a solid effort by the Stars, they were in control from start to end which didn't happen many times this season. It was weirdly almost boring, you were sure that they would get the win. Carolina summarizes to one big top line that was perfectly shut down by the FCC line. Two or three stellar saves by Khudobin did the rest. A game to be used as a reference.

User avatar
B Kat
Posts: 15678
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:36 pm

Re: 2/11 Hurricanes @ Stars - No storm surge tonight

Postby B Kat » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:16 am

Plus, 3 goals or more in 8 of their last 11 games. PP goals in five straight, I believe. Must be the coaching.

User avatar
slaps
Posts: 34045
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:21 am
Location: Shady Drifter
Contact:

Re: 2/11 Hurricanes @ Stars - No storm surge tonight

Postby slaps » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:27 am

Overall, I'm with Scuba. The eyeball test, they look sluggish and like a team from the late 90's. Last night, they looked really good until they turtled with the two-goal lead.
Winamp - it really whips the llama's ass.

User avatar
wonko80
Posts: 15955
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:03 pm
Location: Frisco

Re: 2/11 Hurricanes @ Stars - No storm surge tonight

Postby wonko80 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:28 am

Benn has been way better. It's like he remembered he had a good shot and stopped trying to make cute passes.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests