Jim Montgomery Fired

SaintAngerBH

Re: Jim Montgomery Fired

Postby SaintAngerBH » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:39 am

Is this the general counsel Nill discussed Monty's wrongdoings with?

The Frugal Gourmet

Postby The Frugal Gourmet » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:52 pm

not bad.

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:53 pm

:nice
That Hanzal's so hurt right now.

Math

Postby Math » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:30 pm

Is she the whistleblower ?

cdanew

Postby cdanew » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:45 am

SaintAngerBH wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_vduvHXx0Y

Is this the general counsel Nill discussed Monty's wrongdoings with?

Yes. She played college hockey back in the day as well.

And be nice - I know her and have worked with her. Alana is good people.

Math

Postby Math » Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:53 pm

She grew up in Toronto, hence used to root against the Habs. So she's good people by definition.

The Frugal Gourmet

Postby The Frugal Gourmet » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:00 pm

I forgive Monty.

I have spoken.

cdanew

Postby cdanew » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:05 pm

So, an alcohol related issue? Can't have just been drinking - it had to have been something additional, fueled by alcohol (pure speculation on my part)

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:09 pm

Checking into rehab is also a common PR cover for other things.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:42 pm

Troy McClure wrote:Checking into rehab is also a common PR cover for other things.

The Mel Gibson defense.
Image Cody Monette likes this.

Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:54 pm

CraigG

Postby CraigG » Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:58 pm

The Prodigal Son will return?......great PR for the League / Stars if they have the stones and Jim makes his meetings and has a faithful sponsor.
Season Ticket Holder since 97, still waiting on a new Culture of Champions.

wonko80

Postby wonko80 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:00 pm

"I really let my wife down when I snorted coke off the erect penis of a trans woman. It was an inappropriate way to show my support for the LGBTQ community, who are the real heroes with the adversity they face everyday. [pauses for applause] I find myself disappointed in the media for using my mistake as a talking point when there are much bigger issues that are worth discussing."

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:03 pm

CraigG wrote:The Prodigal Son will return?......great PR for the League / Stars if they have the stones and Jim makes his meetings and has a faithful sponsor.

I doubt they bring him back to Dallas. It will have to be another team if he gets a shot.

CraigG

Postby CraigG » Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:11 pm

wonko80 wrote:"I really let my wife down when I snorted coke off the erect penis of a trans woman. It was an inappropriate way to show my support for the LGBTQ community, who are the real heroes with the adversity they face everyday. [pauses for applause] I find myself disappointed in the media for using my mistake as a talking point when there are much bigger issues that are worth discussing."

Did Gary Bettman say this??!??!?!? :Giggle:
Season Ticket Holder since 97, still waiting on a new Culture of Champions.

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:36 pm

SaintAngerBH wrote:
CraigG wrote:The Prodigal Son will return?......great PR for the League / Stars if they have the stones and Jim makes his meetings and has a faithful sponsor.

I doubt they bring him back to Dallas. It will have to be another team if he gets a shot.

Never say never. How many stints did Sydor have here? LOL

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:36 pm

So the same online SJW retards who were commending the Stars for getting in front of the Monty firing when they assumed it was racist/#MeToo related are now dragging the Stars for firing someone with a disease LOL. Eating each other alive. That'll change the world.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:56 pm

Knives Out wrote:So the same online SJW retards who were commending the Stars for getting in front of the Monty firing when they assumed it was racist/#MeToo related are now dragging the Stars for firing someone with a disease LOL. Eating each other alive. That'll change the world.

This sentiment is exactly why PR firms send their clients to rehab. You get instant sympathy because of the disease element even if the reason the person had to hire a PR firm had nothing to do with an actual disease.

Jim Nill told us Monty was fired because of an incident. Alcoholism is not an incident. Alcoholism is a series of struggles. An incident may be something that happened while you were drunk, but I don't believe the Stars would have fired him if it was merely failures of struggling through an addiction without their also being some underlying bad incident that caused Jim Nill to get a phone call on a Sunday.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

The Frugal Gourmet

Postby The Frugal Gourmet » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:37 pm

I don't see how you can justify firing him them. He didn't know what he was doing because he was drunk.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:07 pm

Knives Out wrote:
SaintAngerBH wrote:

Never say never. How many stints did Sydor have here? LOL

Touche lol

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:07 pm

Knives Out wrote:So the same online SJW retards who were commending the Stars for getting in front of the Monty firing when they assumed it was racist/#MeToo related are now dragging the Stars for firing someone with a disease LOL. Eating each other alive. That'll change the world.

This is why I can't stand those people. They are absolutely insufferable.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:08 pm

Troy McClure wrote:

This sentiment is exactly why PR firms send their clients to rehab. You get instant sympathy because of the disease element even if the reason the person had to hire a PR firm had nothing to do with an actual disease.

Jim Nill told us Monty was fired because of an incident. Alcoholism is not an incident. Alcoholism is a series of struggles. An incident may be something that happened while you were drunk, but I don't believe the Stars would have fired him if it was merely failures of struggling through an addiction without their also being some underlying bad incident that caused Jim Nill to get a phone call on a Sunday.

Exactly. Nill said they had no choice. Perhaps the addiction led to the incident but simply being an alcoholic is not what got him fired, I don't think.

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:41 pm

The Frugal Gourmet wrote:I don't see how you can justify firing him them. He didn't know what he was doing because he was drunk.

Additionally, he probably perceived whatever he was doing as "awesome."

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:24 pm

ToddM wrote:
The Frugal Gourmet wrote:I don't see how you can justify firing him them. He didn't know what he was doing because he was drunk.

It probably was pretty awesome. :lol:

Math

Postby Math » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:25 pm

Coming from my czech mom, former neighbor of the young Dominik Hasek who used to wake him up on game days because they were partying too much: Alcoholism is not an issue, it's a way of life.

The Frugal Gourmet

Postby The Frugal Gourmet » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:40 pm

ToddM wrote:

Nothing can be counted against a person after he instructs one of his friends to hold his beer.

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:24 pm

In unrelated news, the guy I wanted as coach instead of Monty is now 14-4-1 since taking over from Babcock.

slaps

Postby slaps » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:26 pm

ToddM wrote:In unrelated news, the guy I wanted as coach instead of Monty is now 14-4-1 since taking over from Babcock.

Yeah, but Toronto players despised Babcock. He inherited a stacked roster looking for any reason to do well after not having to play for Babcock anymore.
Slaps has upvoted BKat.

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:51 am

Yeah there was no way that the Leafs were going to let Keefe leave their system. Much like Brisebois in Tampa.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:09 am

Knives Out wrote:Yeah there was no way that the Leafs were going to let Keefe leave their system. Much like Brisebois in Tampa.

Same here. Nill didn’t want the NHL stealing away his fresh faced wonderkid Bowness, so he framed Monty to get him out of the way.