Jim Montgomery Fired

nigel

Re: Jim Montgomery Fired

Postby nigel » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:33 pm

Troy McClure wrote:
The Frugal Gourmet wrote:so did we decide yet whether that interview was the reason he was fired?

As with Watchmen, Nill got the idea to fire Monty on Tuesday because Nill was also listening to the interview with Seguin this morning.

Topical. Funny. Would read again.

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:13 pm

Tyler going into full lip service mode and throwing platitudes at his current GM/boss isn’t the same thing as agreeing with the firing. Unless that’s what mookie was insinuating as telling when asked? LOL I’m *fargin'* tired, dude.
That Hanzal's so hurt right now.

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:14 pm

Did he say if it had anything to do with the interview?
Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:20 pm

N’Yes.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:22 pm

He's not Russian..
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

mookie1010
Site Admin

Postby mookie1010 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:43 pm

Knives Out wrote:Tyler going into full lip service mode and throwing platitudes at his current GM/boss isn’t the same thing as agreeing with the firing. Unless that’s what mookie was insinuating as telling when asked? LOL I’m *fargin'* tired, dude.

I probably worded it poorly. Tyler was asked if thought it was justified once he kind of established that he knew what happened. The answer was basically that Tyler trusts GMJN, and that if GMJN thought it was appropriate to fire him, Tyler trusts him. He never used the word “agree.”
you don't realize that your pants are too long until you walk to get a taco in the rain.

The Frugal Gourmet

Postby The Frugal Gourmet » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:32 pm

What Mookie is trying to tell us is that Monty's weekend interview with "The Ticket" is clearly what did him in, according to Seguin.

Shabazz Jenkins

Postby Shabazz Jenkins » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:18 pm

So did is Monty banished to Europa now?

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:29 pm

mookie1010 wrote:
Knives Out wrote:Tyler going into full lip service mode and throwing platitudes at his current GM/boss isn’t the same thing as agreeing with the firing. Unless that’s what mookie was insinuating as telling when asked? LOL I’m *fargin'* tired, dude.

I probably worded it poorly. Tyler was asked if thought it was justified once he kind of established that he knew what happened. The answer was basically that Tyler trusts GMJN, and that if GMJN thought it was appropriate to fire him, Tyler trusts him. He never used the word “agree.”

Exactly. So do we interpret his answer as actually being for or against the Monty firing? LOL

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:18 am

Shabazz Jenkins wrote:So did is Monty banished to Europa now?

Tonight, I heard at least three guys claim they had someone who knows the story because that person works for the Stars. Of course all three inside scoops were different.

- One said he was grabbing asses while drunk after the last game he coached.

- Another said he’d made some racist comments that weren’t like throwing around the n word but were offensive enough the team wanted to get in front of it,

- The third was the most elaborate and had him sleeping with the mom of some elite young player and it broke up the marriage of this mother, which lead to the mother calling the Stars to say what he was doing.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

mookie1010
Site Admin

Postby mookie1010 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:52 pm

Bob says that Monty has been cleared to continue coaching in the league, so I think that effectively rules out gambling and drugs.
you don't realize that your pants are too long until you walk to get a taco in the rain.

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:57 pm

I heard Monty was engaged in appraisal fraud where he was attempting to drive down property value by dressing up as a ghost and making other potential investors think the property was haunted, so then he could buy the property cheaply. He probably would’ve gotten away with it too if it weren’t for some meddling kids and a dog.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:14 pm

mookie1010 wrote:Bob says that Monty has been cleared to continue coaching in the league, so I think that effectively rules out gambling and drugs.

Most likely sex, then. In some form.

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:47 pm

ScubaSteve wrote:He was definitely shaving points by scratching Fedun and giving Benn first line minutes. This theory holds up.

Am I right or what?

5minmajor

Postby 5minmajor » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:52 pm

One of the mirror balls is missing. Maybe he got caught stealing it.
"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:56 pm

I guess it makes sense. If you grew up before disco, you probably learned a different name for them.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:58 pm

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:48 pm

Further proof whatever he did wasn't super horrible or they would have scrubbed him from the website.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:50 pm

If it isn't something super horrible, I'm going to be super pissed that they fired him. Not that he's the greatest coach ever, but he had this team going really well.

Math

Postby Math » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:15 pm

And he didn't fear to scratch Radulov, make changes, state that his leaders should bring much more, even if some of his choices made you scratch your head a bit. He remained calm and confident during the wonderful season start, actually he was right: things turned.

StarsFaninCO

Postby StarsFaninCO » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:11 pm

I was seriously hoping someone in here had the inside scoop. My vote is sex related.
When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.
80 Million gun owners didn't kill anyone yesterday.
37,000 of those gun deaths annually are suicides. Problem solved.
The NCVS yields there are approximately 100,000 defensive gun uses each year.

wonko80

Postby wonko80 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:16 pm

StarsFaninCO wrote:I was seriously hoping someone in here had the inside scoop. My vote is sex related.

Like a cousin? Aunt? Sister seems way too far.

mookie1010
Site Admin

Postby mookie1010 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:29 pm

I still can't believe we know absolutely nothing about this.

slaps

Postby slaps » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:46 pm

https://theathletic.com/1455458/2019/12/16/shap-shots-montgomery-the-bowness-tree-of-trust-and-harleys-team-canada-snub/

Since then the biggest question — “what happened?” — has not yet been answered. And the Stars are doing their part to close any leaks and make sure it doesn’t get out through their organization.

According to multiple sources, the Stars have kept the full details on whatever happened confined to a small group. That group is believed to include Stars general manager Jim Nill, a few other executives, the Stars’ legal counsel and very few others.

It’s been effectively classified on a need-to-know basis. Players and coaches don’t need to know the details of a firing in order to do their jobs. Neither do office employees.

The one thing that keeps re-surfacing as we try to find out more is the fact that Montgomery left the Stars no choice when it came to the firing. That’s been confirmed, and when you consider the fact Nill had grounds to terminate Montgomery with cause that quickly, it’s clear there was some sort of hard evidence the former coach couldn’t refute.

There are those who claim to know what happened, but nothing concrete has been reported by other media members in the past six days. Those individuals are either lying for the attention — or they don’t have the full truth and can’t risk reporting something false.
Winamp - it really whips the llama's ass.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:53 pm

mookie1010 wrote:I still can't believe we know absolutely nothing about this.

IJB hinted at it being Monty being recorded fondling some boobs while partying.

StarsFaninCO

Postby StarsFaninCO » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:06 pm

Troy McClure wrote:IJB hinted at it being Monty being recorded fondling some boobs while partying.

If this truly is the case, like others have said, Ima be pissed. This would be an eye roll in this sport.
When seconds count, the police are just minutes away.
80 Million gun owners didn't kill anyone yesterday.
37,000 of those gun deaths annually are suicides. Problem solved.
The NCVS yields there are approximately 100,000 defensive gun uses each year.

mookie1010
Site Admin

Postby mookie1010 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:06 pm

Troy McClure wrote:
mookie1010 wrote:I still can't believe we know absolutely nothing about this.

IJB hinted at it being Monty being recorded fondling some boobs while partying.

Oh, wow, I somehow missed that. I listened to both episodes this weekend.

slaps

Postby slaps » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:18 pm

StarsFaninCO wrote:
Troy McClure wrote:IJB hinted at it being Monty being recorded fondling some boobs while partying.

If this truly is the case, like others have said, Ima be pissed. This would be an eye roll in this sport.

Depends on how well-received the fondling was.
Winamp - it really whips the llama's ass.

The Frugal Gourmet

Postby The Frugal Gourmet » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:30 pm

Also, if there was an overture to the fondling or if it was totally unsolicited.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:53 pm

The Frugal Gourmet wrote:Also, if there was an overture to the fondling or if it was totally unsolicited.

Also whether it took place at a Stars-related event.