11/2 vs. Montréal — Une volée, tabarnak.

ScubaSteve

Re: 11/2 vs. Montréal — Une volée, tabarnak.

Postby ScubaSteve » Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:17 pm

If these guys actually start producing then they’re not going to have as much POTENTIAL.
Image Cody Monette likes this.

Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:34 pm

Maybe this is purely anecdotal revisionist BS, but it seems last season players passed into Hintz's skates a lot, and this season they're sending the puck waaay in front of him to go get it. Which he usually does. I wonder if defenses will start picking up on that later in the season, and his goal numbers will drop.

B Kat

Postby B Kat » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:28 am

Troy McClure wrote:I'm not expecting Dickinson to be a Seguin-level scorer, but it is disappointing that he looks like he's going to struggle to ever even get up to the 30 point level. Yeah, playing solid defense is nice and all, but this team already has Comeau and Cogliano to play the PK, checking winger, zero offense roles.

30 points is a reasonable expectation. I did not realize that Dickinson had zero points in 12 games, thus far. Still we gotta fill roster spots, he’s young, fast and cheap and I do believe his offensive production will increase. No where to go but up from zero. :)

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:32 am

B Kat wrote:30 points is a reasonable expectation. I did not realize that Dickinson had zero points in 12 games, thus far. Still we gotta fill roster spots, he’s young, fast and cheap and I do believe his offensive production will increase. No where to go but up from zero. :)

I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

Math

Postby Math » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:47 am

B Kat wrote:30 points is a reasonable expectation. I did not realize that Dickinson had zero points in 12 games, thus far. Still we gotta fill roster spots, he’s young, fast and cheap and I do believe his offensive production will increase. No where to go but up from zero. :)

That's were the beauty of maths comes into play: The first point earned will immediately result in an infinite increase in offensive production. Sounds cool, doesn't it ?

wonko80

Postby wonko80 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:52 am

We all know the first point will result in the next point happening in another 12 games. It's weird to justify a player having zero points as okay just because he is young and cheap. Of the players who have played at least 12 games so far in the entire NHL (438 players), only 8 have zero points so far and Dickinson is one of them. That's just bad.

Math

Postby Math » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:57 am

Funny, Richard Panik is in that list.