10/18 @ Penguins. LOSING STREAK, BABY

Troy McClure

Re: 10/18 @ Penguins. LOSING STREAK, BABY

Postby Troy McClure » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:16 pm

Razor “there’s plenty of time left to even it up down by one.”

Oleksiak “about that...”
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

wonko80

Postby wonko80 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:29 pm

Does this game count as a moral victory since they kinda played better for some of the game?

Fitpro58

Postby Fitpro58 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:29 pm

Who didn’t know it’d be a late one-goal tease.

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:33 pm

wonko80 wrote:Jesus, Benn has no puck handling skills anymore. WTF happened to his entire *fargin'* game? Speed I get, but the rest? Does he just not practice anymore?

Don't worry, I heard he's working with a figure skater this summer and is finally in the best shape of his life.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:34 pm

And nothing will change. Nill will demote an AHLer and hold it up as the best he can do. Gaglardi will continue to hide from the media.

Maybe it’s for the best. Maybe the best way to get the #1 overall pick is to keep this team together as coached and constructed.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

BigAl

Postby BigAl » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:02 pm

Benn with 0 SOG. Our defense outshot the forwards.
Could of.

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:07 pm

Yes, but our forwards flawlessly executed the "dump pucks harmlessly into the corner" plan all night. I'm still not sure why that hasn't translated into shitloads of goals.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:27 pm

Is Nill still GM? I'm no longer interested until that *frakker* is fired.
~Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.

Leonardo da Vinci

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:28 pm

Troy McClure wrote:Speaking of d league play... watching Gurianov receive a pass is quite an adventure.

And yet Reddit would have you believe that he is some diamond in the rough just waiting to become the next Alex Ovechkin and the only thing keeping him from doing so is the fact that he gets sent down too much. I swear to God, I hate the majority of Stars fans.
~Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.

Leonardo da Vinci

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:29 pm

slaps wrote:Benn can't be moved unless he wants to go. He can't be sent down to the minors, traded, or anything, without his approval.

Just scratch his ass indefinitely. *f-bomb* the money.

Leonardo da Vinci

Math

Postby Math » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:41 pm

As long as I would like to see him benched of a game or two, he will always be on the top-6, logging 20 minutes per game and be on the first PP unit as well as some shifts on the PK. This won't change unless we have Tortorella behind the bench.

wonko80

Postby wonko80 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:48 pm

The radio post game show was suggesting the Stars could change the C and A players to try and shake up the internal leadership. I'm not sure it would actually do anything, but worth a shot. What has Benn ever led them to? Montgomery has said numerous times that it falls on the players to do it, which is essentially calling the player leaders out. Maybe they should make an official change just to try something.

One_Timer

Postby One_Timer » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:50 pm

It’s getting old. This is the most pussified Stars team I’ve seen on every level. Time for changes, and *f-bomb* Monty for his number of keys to winning and constant juggling of O&D lines. I think I mentioned that Benn sucks before too.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:56 pm

wonko80 wrote:The radio post game show was suggesting the Stars could change the C and A players to try and shake up the internal leadership. I'm not sure it would actually do anything, but worth a shot. What has Benn ever led them to? Montgomery has said numerous times that it falls on the players to do it, which is essentially calling the player leaders out. Maybe they should make an official change just to try something.

Given the Lites rant last season, I don't think that kind of public embarrassment of Benn and Seguin is going to help. If they're going to insult then two seasons in a row, just trade one or both, even if the return is next to nothing.

FrozenFailure

Postby FrozenFailure » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:08 pm

wonko80 wrote:Jesus, Benn has no puck handling skills anymore. WTF happened to his entire *fargin'* game? Speed I get, but the rest? Does he just not practice anymore?

His wrists are shot?

slaps

Postby slaps » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:14 pm

https://theathletic.com/1305209/2019/10/18/stars-20-20-stars-prove-they-still-arent-tired-of-losing-as-skid-hits-five-games-in-pittsburgh/

5. The 1-7-1 start is the worst since the franchise moved to Dallas.

The Minnesota North Stars were 1-7-1 in 1988-89 and finished 27-37-16, but they made the playoffs because there were only 10 teams in the conference and eight got in. The Stars won’t be that lucky, and the start very likely already cost them a chance at the postseason.

Even if Dallas were to turn it around and catch fire, it likely wouldn’t be enough. Teams can’t dig a hole that deep.

10. Moral victories at this point are worthless.

Some optimists might point to the St. Louis Blues, who last season went from last in the NHL in January to winning the Stanley Cup.

The Blues, however, were never as bad last season as the Stars are now.

13. Oleksiak returned to Pittsburgh for the first time since the Stars and Penguins effectively hit the reset button on a trade they completed in 2017-18.

Oleksiak played 95 games with Pittsburgh between the playoffs and regular season and credits his time with the Penguins as one of the reasons he’s found his game.

“I think knowing you can play in this league and be a regular, I think that was a big part and confidence booster,” Oleksiak said. “I kind of look back now and that’s what I remember.”

Oleksiak never played a consistent role with the Stars during his first stint in Dallas. Since returning, he’s been a lineup regular and a fixture on the third pairing.

Oleksiak also said he learned quite a bit from the Penguins as an organization. There was a standard players felt they had to live up to.

Montgomery didn’t coach Oleksiak during his first stint in Dallas, but he had heard about the defenseman’s history when the Stars traded for him last season.

“He had matured. Having gone to Pittsburgh helped him immensely, being around someone like Sidney Crosby and the leaders they have over there,” Montgomery said.

14. That Oleksiak had to go to Pittsburgh to learn about professionalism and leadership isn’t a great indictment on the Stars’ leadership group over the past couple of seasons.
Slaps has upvoted BKat.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:22 pm

And yet, run of the mill Nill is still at the helm. Mr. two first-round playoff victories in 6 years. If Gaglardi hasn't fired him by Monday, Stars fans should riot and demand an ownership change.

Leonardo da Vinci

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:17 am

SaintAngerBH wrote:And yet, run of the mill Nill is still at the helm. Mr. two first-round playoff victories in 6 years. If Gaglardi hasn't fired him by Monday, Stars fans should riot and demand an ownership change.

Well.... you gotta have a replacement lined up, too. And bad organizations believe their own bullshit, so they probably *really* thought they were 'just a shot away from the Cup", when in fact they got their asses completely and thoroughly kicked for 95% of that game 7. So Gags and Lites probably had no contingency plan if the season went off the rails early. I bet they only started checking available coaches like two days ago.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:14 am

That's just it. When I saw them throwing this "just one goal away from the cup" nonsense over the summer, I knew something systemic was going on. These people are deluded.

Leonardo da Vinci

Math

Postby Math » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:50 am

To summarize all this *poo poo* from last year to today: So close, but so far away.