2019 NHL Playoffs -- You Know, That Thing We're Going to Make

B Kat

Re: 2019 NHL Playoffs -- You Know, That Thing We're Going to Make

Postby B Kat » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:28 am

The CBC heads surmised the refs didn’t want to call another penalty giving the Bs another power play that late. Tough *poo poo*. The Blues are bruisers and they take penalties. This is not very fun hockey.

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:09 am

I'm 100% behind all blown calls and controversies. Especially when they happen to Boston, and double-especially when they cheapen any Blues wins. I hope the series is decided on an even WORSE call/non-call, so that the NHL can officially put an asterisk after this series.

cdanew

Postby cdanew » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:53 pm

B Kat wrote:The CBC heads surmised the refs didn’t want to call another penalty giving the Bs another power play that late. Tough *poo poo*. The Blues are bruisers and they take penalties. This is not very fun hockey.

They are probably right and that is total BS. I can see something that was borderline not being called or that really wouldn't have had much of an impact on the play, but that was an obvious and egregious penalty that completely took a defender out of the play. That has to be called. D\

slaps

Postby slaps » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:11 pm

I like how, when Parayko tried to murder Bishop with a cannon shot and Bishop was writhing in pain, everyone's response was just "well get the puck back, how hard is that?" Now that it's happened to the Bruins, everyone is all up in arms about it.

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:14 pm

It's okay, slaps. We didn't even expect the Bruins to get that far.
That Hanzal's so hurt right now.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:18 pm

The worst part of it is the effect this stuff has on coaching and roster building. Most GMs play it safe and follow trends. If they see a team like St. Louis win with size, physicality, and cheap play, then that’s what they’ll prioritize. When griping about the people who love using replay to erase goals, Down Goes Brown rightly said the other day that we are on year 24 of the dead puck era. God help us if more teams view the Blues plan as the one to follow over the Tampa Bay plan.

I mean, that’s essentially what Nill did when he added Hanzal and Methot in the same offseason. Injuries made both of those moves disasters, but it’s obvious what he was going for. He wanted to (or Gaglardi made him) chase size and physicality.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

slaps

Postby slaps » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:37 pm

It's exactly what Nill did after 2016, wrongly.

#JTONTFJTGM

Postby #JTONTFJTGM » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:18 pm

slaps wrote:I like how, when Parayko tried to murder Bishop with a cannon shot and Bishop was writhing in pain, everyone's response was just "well get the puck back, how hard is that?" Now that it's happened to the Bruins, everyone is all up in arms about it.

That's because Parayko's shot was an attempt to score and the officials made the right call in letting play continue while the play the Bruins got screwed on last night was an egregious missed tripping/slew-footing penalty that created what ended up being the game-winning goal.

slaps

Postby slaps » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:34 pm

#JTONTFJTGM wrote:
slaps wrote:I like how, when Parayko tried to murder Bishop with a cannon shot and Bishop was writhing in pain, everyone's response was just "well get the puck back, how hard is that?" Now that it's happened to the Bruins, everyone is all up in arms about it.

That's because Parayko's shot was an attempt to score and the officials made the right call in letting play continue while the play the Bruins got screwed on last night was an egregious missed tripping/slew-footing penalty that created what ended up being the game-winning goal.

The officials made the absolute wrong call. Everyone points out that Bishop was ultimately fine - so now we're saying the referees are qualified medical personnel?

And the goal here did not directly result from the trip - there was at least as much time between the trip and the the goal as there was between Bishop getting hit and the Blues' goal. So come on Bruins, just get the puck back. It's easy. Doesn't matter what happened before it, apparently, unless it's being offside by a micrometer.

#JTONTFJTGM

Postby #JTONTFJTGM » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:58 pm

slaps wrote:
#JTONTFJTGM wrote:

The officials made the absolute wrong call. Everyone points out that Bishop was ultimately fine - so now we're saying the referees are qualified medical personnel?

And the goal here did not directly result from the trip - there was at least as much time between the trip and the the goal as there was between Bishop getting hit and the Blues' goal. So come on Bruins, just get the puck back. It's easy. Doesn't matter what happened before it, apparently, unless it's being offside by a micrometer.

#JTONTFJTGM wrote:

The series supervisor was an NHL goaltender for nine seasons:

Another former goaltender didn't even think it was significant enough to give an opinion on whether the referees erred on the play in his post-game comments:

And the goal last night absolutely resulted from the trip because if the penalty had been called as it should have then the play would've been blown dead when David Perron touched the puck after the trip.

slaps

Postby slaps » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:45 pm

You can post all of that that you want. It doesn’t change the fact that they got it wrong because you’re now asking the refs to make on-the-fly medical evaluations, something they clearly aren’t trained to do. If a guy is writhing in pain on the ice, and is clearly incapacitated, the correct move is to blow the play dead. Doubly so if it’s a goaltender who is directly in the firing line.

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:58 pm

It's not like Bishop was trying to draw a call. He'd been hit. Easy whistle there.

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Sun Jun 09, 2019 1:39 am

That Hanzal's so hurt right now.

The Frugal Gourmet

Postby The Frugal Gourmet » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:06 pm

I agree that the Blues are the best team and will win the Stanley Cup.

Dallas is the second best team, of course.

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:37 pm

THE STANLEY CUP IS IN THE BUILDING, FOLKS

The Frugal Gourmet

Postby The Frugal Gourmet » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:54 pm

Has anyone mentioned whether the Blues have experienced any hardship this season?

How were they doing in January, for instance?

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:58 pm

On the one hand, I'm kind of annoyed that I have to watch one more hockey game this year.

But on the other, much more important hand, *f-bomb* St. Louis.
Image Cody Monette likes this.

Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:43 am

The Frugal Gourmet wrote:Has anyone mentioned whether the Blues have experienced any hardship this season?

How were they doing in January, for instance?

There is a very clear bias toward the Blues by NBC. Not necessarily by the in-game commentary, but by all of the out-of-game stuff. All the stories of the fans and the players. Nothing about the Bruins that I have seen.

*f-bomb* them. I hope the Bruins blow them out in game 7. It was satisfying watching the Bruins shut their fans down last night lol.
~Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.

Leonardo da Vinci

slaps

Postby slaps » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:52 am

Also, the Stars take note - that's how you respond when your back is against the wall.

slaps

Postby slaps » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:57 am

The Bruins' fan site is doing good things with their writing:

https://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/2019/6/10/18659377/noel-acciari-robert-bortuzzo-punch-in-the-face-game-6-bruins-win-game-6-to-force-a-game-7

Should Noel Acciari face discipline for hitting Robert Bortuzzo’s fist with his face?

In this clip, you can see the Bruins continue a trend from this series: they simply keep putting their heads in the way of St. Louis players

Simply put, it needs to stop. Bruins players can’t keep attempting to injure St. Louis players by having heads. It can’t be allowed

B Kat

Postby B Kat » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:58 am

Don Cherry said before the game, if STL didn’t win game 6, they won’t win game 7 in Boston. He also said that the winner of game 5 will win the Cup. Ha ha.

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:56 am

I think Cherry is right about games 6 and 7 but obviously wrong about game 5. Did you see the body language of the players when they realized they were going to lose? It was as if they had lost the series. I think they desperately wanted to win it at home and will probably be somewhat deflated for game 7. But, I could be wrong...
~Marriage is like putting your hand into a bag of snakes in the hope of pulling out an eel.

Leonardo da Vinci

#JTONTFJTGM

Postby #JTONTFJTGM » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:04 am

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:31 pm

Yesterday, I listened to one of the Puck Soup guys crap all over Bennington for having pretty unspecial stats since March and bad stats in three of these four rounds. Then last night, he gets lit up again.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

B Kat

Postby B Kat » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:29 pm

Troy McClure wrote:Yesterday, I listened to one of the Puck Soup guys crap all over Bennington for having pretty unspecial stats since March and bad stats in three of these four rounds. Then last night, he gets lit up again.

Before the game, CBC noted his great stats in game 6's throughout the playoffs, to which of course I replied, overdueski to loseski and he got lit up.

#JTONTFJTGM

Postby #JTONTFJTGM » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:33 pm

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:19 pm

I'd tell him to go *f-bomb* himself.

Leonardo da Vinci

B Kat

Postby B Kat » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:58 pm

Welp, last game of the season. I hope it's a good one, minus the bullshit calls or lack thereof. I always cry, but I won't if St. Louis wins. Well, maybe if they show Ott with the Cup I might. :)

#JTONTFJTGM

Postby #JTONTFJTGM » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:10 pm

SaintAngerBH

Postby SaintAngerBH » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:15 pm

B Kat wrote:Welp, last game of the season. I hope it's a good one, minus the bullshit calls or lack thereof. I always cry, but I won't if St. Louis wins. Well, maybe if they show Ott with the Cup I might. :)

Oh my god. I hope the Bruins win even if it's just to keep that douchebag from raising the cup.

Leonardo da Vinci