Texas Stars and prospects thread

Knives Out

Re: Texas Stars and prospects thread

Postby Knives Out » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:01 am

B Kat wrote:
Knives Out wrote:I will be attending Game 7 on Thursday if the Stars can win Game 6 ...

If happened. :)

Game 7 tickets acquired!
That Hanzal's so hurt right now.

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:22 am

One_Timer wrote:
ToddM wrote:McKenna with 43 saves on 45 shots the day after sucking ass.

That shorty by Sheldon shut them up. Who is this kid? Very fast with a nose for the net.

Dries has had a great playoffs, and has probably earned some fourth line NHL minutes somewhere.

The Frugal Gourmet

Postby The Frugal Gourmet » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:29 am

wait. The Texas Stars are in the playoffs?

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:27 am

I can't wait for this Calder Cup to end. Every time I fire up Twitter, all I'm doing is scrolling past 100 *fargin'* tweets about the AHL. I don't go to Twitter for AHL play by play. I go to Twitter for breaking news, dick jokes, and hit chicks.

Maybe what I really need to do is stop following five Stars reporters who are all blasting out the same info in unison. The Twitter echo from these guys is becoming unbearable.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:35 am

You go on twitter to hit chicks?

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:43 am

There's no way there are 5 people covering the Stars. It's three at the most.
Image Cody Monette likes this.

Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:10 pm

ScubaSteve wrote:There's no way there are 5 people covering the Stars. It's three at the most.

I have Heika, Mark, Sevy, and the Dallas Stars official feed all tweeting identical info. Then there is Shapiro from the Athletic over analyzing every shift taken by a bunch of dudes who will never play in the NHL. Mix in those guys all retweeting *poo poo*, and you have hundreds of tweets for each AHL game.
I got a ranch in downtown Dallas/I buy diamonds by the ton/Chase cuties in my Cadillac/Drill oil wells just for fun/But when it comes to boots, I need a deal/That will fit me right, toe to heel/So I get my boots at Western Warehouse.

The Frugal Gourmet

Postby The Frugal Gourmet » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:37 pm

If I could describe my frustration about this in one word it would be "mammoth-strewn".

cdanew

Postby cdanew » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:04 pm

Troy McClure wrote:I can't wait for this Calder Cup to end. Every time I fire up Twitter, all I'm doing is scrolling past 100 *fargin'* tweets about the AHL. I don't go to Twitter for AHL play by play. I go to Twitter for breaking news, dick jokes, and hit chicks.

Maybe what I really need to do is stop following five Stars reporters who are all blasting out the same info in unison. The Twitter echo from these guys is becoming unbearable.

You do know you can mute certain words or phrases on Twitter, right? Even if you don't want to mute the person.

ToddM

Postby ToddM » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:09 pm

Troy McClure wrote:
ScubaSteve wrote:There's no way there are 5 people covering the Stars. It's three at the most.

I have Heika, Mark, Sevy, and the Dallas Stars official feed all tweeting identical info. Then there is Shapiro from the Athletic over analyzing every shift taken by a bunch of dudes who will never play in the NHL. Mix in those guys all retweeting *poo poo*, and you have hundreds of tweets for each AHL game.

Shapiro is at least interesting, writing about stuff no one else does. You could safely nix all those others guys and not miss a single *Dang ol'* thing.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:11 pm

cdanew wrote:
Troy McClure wrote:I can't wait for this Calder Cup to end. Every time I fire up Twitter, all I'm doing is scrolling past 100 *fargin'* tweets about the AHL. I don't go to Twitter for AHL play by play. I go to Twitter for breaking news, dick jokes, and hit chicks.

You do know you can mute certain words or phrases on Twitter, right? Even if you don't want to mute the person.

No, I wasn't aware of this. Holy crap. Problem solved. Thanks!

So I'll mute Calder. Can't really mute Texas or Stars. Guess I could add Cedar Park.

Troy McClure

Postby Troy McClure » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:13 pm

ToddM wrote:
Troy McClure wrote:

Shapiro is at least interesting, writing about stuff no one else does. You could safely nix all those others guys and not miss a single *Dang ol'* thing.

True. There was a time when they'd break different stories, but now all it became was three accounts all posting the lines from warmups one after the other. I never followed Burnside because I never saw him share anything I didn't already know.

ScubaSteve

Postby ScubaSteve » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:12 pm

They are who we didn’t even care enough to figure out who they were.
Image Cody Monette likes this.

Eskimo Spy wrote:I would of course make some jokes if any of you died

The Frugal Gourmet

Postby The Frugal Gourmet » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:14 pm

I take it we won.

B Kat

Postby B Kat » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:14 am

ScubaSteve wrote:They are who we didn’t even care enough to figure out who they were.

Prolly pretty lucky to make it all the way to game 7 w/one veteran line and a veteran goalie.

Sorry Cody. At least it was a good game until late.

Knives Out

Postby Knives Out » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:19 am

:gulp

And once again Scarlett was brutal.

And LOL only one penalty called all game (against the Stars).
The refs weren't calling shiiiiit for Game 7 and it was awesome.
That Hanzal's so hurt right now.